DIRECTV Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Very quick hiring process. I received a phone call within 72 hours of submitting my application. One face to face interview with the position being offered at the end of the interview. Typical entry level interview questions. Human Resources rep does a great job laying out the specifics for the position and what is expected of you.

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in April 2014.

I was contacted for a phone interview, but ended up skipping that process due to being interviewed for an internship with DIRECTV as well. I wasn't offered the internship so I went back and interviewed for the CSR position. It was a pretty long interview, probably about 45 minutes. She asked me what I liked to do, how I would handle rude customers, and did some scenario type questions. It was a pretty standard 1-1 interview and I was offered a position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the scenarios were difficult. You need to make sure that you solve the problem at hand while keeping the customer happy and not upsetting or embarrassing them since you are dealing with their billing information.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. She went over benefits, pay, and schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Quick, not much was asked. Easy. Lame job, but I'll do it.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in November 2013.

Applied on-line takes about an hour, make sure you have time. You take a test consisting of multi-tasking, answering several questions while watching a timer and making changes to information given. Once complete they will call you to set up a phone interview, from there you will get a 1 on 1 interview. Once hired you will have to do allot of paper work consisting of a back round check and then a drug test. You will get a start date for when you will start training.

Interview Questions
    There is none, you start out with regular salary

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

I put in an application online and was called back in 2 weeks for a phone interview and scheduled for a 1:1 interview for the next day and in 3 days I was notified that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in June 2013.

The interviewer asked typical behavioral questions. What would you do if policies changed unexpectedly, how would you adapt?

Interview Questions
    • and then we did a role play call where I was supposed to upsell products.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caguas, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caguas, PR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in August 2012.

From the moment I turned in my resumé, I knew it was a great company. After all, I had the service at home at the moment. So I turned in my resumé and a few days later I got a call, they were interested, so they gave me a date for my first interview. A little far from home, but it was worth it. The central offices were the most incredible I had seen. There were so many cubicles and rooms and new technology, too. I did my interview with human resources and they were very generous. Days later I got another call, they wanted me for a second interview. This time at the offices in my home city. As soon as I arrived, I was told to wait sitting on this cushioned seat and to make myself comfortable...and so I did. The office smelled fresh and the lighting was just right. I waited not too long before I was called in for the interviewed. The office supervisor introduced himself and to the rest of the workers personally. The interview process was very friendly and professional; no jokes or unnecessary comments. Later that week, I was surprised with the news that I had acquired the job position and was given a date and address for my contract signing process and training, that would take place for a whole week before actually working. I coincided with the fact that I wasn't getting minimum pay rate, but 75¢ over. It was great. In end, too great.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question was "What do you think your former supervisor would say you did wrong?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

interviewed at DIRECTV in July 2012.

Very simple, go in, sit down, answer them like you care about the customer and wanting to do your best and there you go you get the job and chances are you might get moved to a different department later on.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable but good terms to agree to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in July 2012.

you have pass the test and dress well to interview and you pretty much have the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in May 2012.

The process began by getting a phone call within a week of applying for the position. The initial phone call explained the position and asked a bit about my interest in the company. There was a brief review of my resume, nothing out of the ordinary.
    Following this I was called to come in for s skills test and an in person interview after about a week of time. This was the part where I lost the desire to continue with the interview process. The skills test went fine but when it came to the interview I was very disappointed. Arriving they had no clue who I was. I had an interview arranged by the HR interviewer but she didn't bother to schedule it with the front desk HR. Finally after waiting for 10 minutes the desk clerk was able to get a hold of someone who did acknowledge that I was to have an interview that day. The interviewer not only had me wait for over 40 minutes additionally before they began but during the interview the consistently got up to leave the room without even explaining just to go out in the hall and laughed with others and then abruptly ended the interview saying "I'm too busy right now, we'll call you if you're good enough."
    Before the interview ended the interviewer was candid about how horrible the customers would be to deal with, mentioning issues with AT&T billing and constant service issues. They also advised that promotion would not be likely in this position and the pay would be only $10/hour. I was told that any slip ups on the phone regarding not selling additional services would be grounds for termination without notice. He told me the position was currently open because former CSA's were fired but overall turnover was a big issue in the company. I was shocked that the interviewer was literally airing out the company’s dirty right in an initial interview.
    I did get a call back asking to come back in for another interview but declined to continue further with the interview process after that. This would have been followed with a drug test I was told.

Interview Questions
    • This job requires dealing with irate customers consistently on a daily basis, do you see any issues you may have with this?   Answer Question
    • How would you up-sell a customer on a service they do not have and explained the did not want?   Answer Question
    • Discuss your most recent job and what you did there?   Answer Question

Poor initial interview experience with the company. Based on the things the interviewer told me about the company and position, I knew this was not a place I would be remotely happy working in.