DIRECTV

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Missoula, MT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a phone interview, but ended up skipping that process due to being interviewed for an internship with DIRECTV as well. I wasn't offered the internship so I went back and interviewed for the CSR position. It was a pretty long interview, probably about 45 minutes. She asked me what I liked to do, how I would handle rude customers, and did some scenario type questions. It was a pretty standard 1-1 interview and I was offered a position at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – Some of the scenarios were difficult. You need to make sure that you solve the problem at hand while keeping the customer happy and not upsetting or embarrassing them since you are dealing with their billing information.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. She went over benefits, pay, and schedule.

Very Easy Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in July 2012.

Interview Details – you have pass the test and dress well to interview and you pretty much have the job

Interview Question – there was non it was easy   Answer Question

Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2012.

Interview Details – When I initially applied to Directv, I went onto their website and filled out and application and attached my resume. within 24 hours I received a call from an HR representative and we had a phone interview. At the end of the interview we set up an appointment to interview in person. At the end of the interview they offered me the position and said they would call me within a couple of days to determine starting pay. Once they called, I set up a final appointment with HR to go in to sign my contract. That appointment was where I met about half of my new hire class since we all signed the contracts at the same time after hearing a speech about the company from the HR manager.

Interview Question – The questions they ask are pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said that since I had many years of experience they would start me out a couple dollars higher than where they normally start new employees which is $10.61 per hour.

Missoula, MT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on-line takes about an hour, make sure you have time. You take a test consisting of multi-tasking, answering several questions while watching a timer and making changes to information given. Once complete they will call you to set up a phone interview, from there you will get a 1 on 1 interview. Once hired you will have to do allot of paper work consisting of a back round check and then a drug test. You will get a start date for when you will start training.

Interview Question – very easy interview, need good attitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none, you start out with regular salary

Boise, ID

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Interview Details – Quick, not much was asked. Easy. Lame job, but I'll do it.

Negotiation Details – none

Huntington, WV

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2010.

Interview Details – Not hard, if you've had previous call center experience, you're set.

Negotiation Details – It's a call center, you get what you get.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

Interview Details – I put in an application online and was called back in 2 weeks for a phone interview and scheduled for a 1:1 interview for the next day and in 3 days I was notified that I got the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for DirecTv?   Answer Question

Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked typical behavioral questions. What would you do if policies changed unexpectedly, how would you adapt?

Interview Question – and then we did a role play call where I was supposed to upsell products.   Answer Question

Albuquerque, NM

I interviewed at DIRECTV in July 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple, go in, sit down, answer them like you care about the customer and wanting to do your best and there you go you get the job and chances are you might get moved to a different department later on.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable but good terms to agree to.

Caguas, PR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2012.

Interview Details – From the moment I turned in my resumé, I knew it was a great company. After all, I had the service at home at the moment. So I turned in my resumé and a few days later I got a call, they were interested, so they gave me a date for my first interview. A little far from home, but it was worth it. The central offices were the most incredible I had seen. There were so many cubicles and rooms and new technology, too. I did my interview with human resources and they were very generous. Days later I got another call, they wanted me for a second interview. This time at the offices in my home city. As soon as I arrived, I was told to wait sitting on this cushioned seat and to make myself comfortable...and so I did. The office smelled fresh and the lighting was just right. I waited not too long before I was called in for the interviewed. The office supervisor introduced himself and to the rest of the workers personally. The interview process was very friendly and professional; no jokes or unnecessary comments. Later that week, I was surprised with the news that I had acquired the job position and was given a date and address for my contract signing process and training, that would take place for a whole week before actually working. I coincided with the fact that I wasn't getting minimum pay rate, but 75¢ over. It was great. In end, too great.

Interview Question – My most difficult question was "What do you think your former supervisor would say you did wrong?"   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at DIRECTV

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DIRECTV Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by DIRECTV employees and interview candidates.