DIRECTV Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Very quick hiring process. I received a phone call within 72 hours of submitting my application. One face to face interview with the position being offered at the end of the interview. Typical entry level interview questions. Human Resources rep does a great job laying out the specifics for the position and what is expected of you.

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Missoula, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in April 2014.

I was contacted for a phone interview, but ended up skipping that process due to being interviewed for an internship with DIRECTV as well. I wasn't offered the internship so I went back and interviewed for the CSR position. It was a pretty long interview, probably about 45 minutes. She asked me what I liked to do, how I would handle rude customers, and did some scenario type questions. It was a pretty standard 1-1 interview and I was offered a position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the scenarios were difficult. You need to make sure that you solve the problem at hand while keeping the customer happy and not upsetting or embarrassing them since you are dealing with their billing information.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. She went over benefits, pay, and schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in July 2012.

you have pass the test and dress well to interview and you pretty much have the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2012.

When I initially applied to Directv, I went onto their website and filled out and application and attached my resume. within 24 hours I received a call from an HR representative and we had a phone interview. At the end of the interview we set up an appointment to interview in person. At the end of the interview they offered me the position and said they would call me within a couple of days to determine starting pay. Once they called, I set up a final appointment with HR to go in to sign my contract. That appointment was where I met about half of my new hire class since we all signed the contracts at the same time after hearing a speech about the company from the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they ask are pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    They said that since I had many years of experience they would start me out a couple dollars higher than where they normally start new employees which is $10.61 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Missoula, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2013.

Applied on-line takes about an hour, make sure you have time. You take a test consisting of multi-tasking, answering several questions while watching a timer and making changes to information given. Once complete they will call you to set up a phone interview, from there you will get a 1 on 1 interview. Once hired you will have to do allot of paper work consisting of a back round check and then a drug test. You will get a start date for when you will start training.

Interview Questions
    There is none, you start out with regular salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Quick, not much was asked. Easy. Lame job, but I'll do it.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2010.

Not hard, if you've had previous call center experience, you're set.

It's a call center, you get what you get.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

I put in an application online and was called back in 2 weeks for a phone interview and scheduled for a 1:1 interview for the next day and in 3 days I was notified that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in June 2013.

The interviewer asked typical behavioral questions. What would you do if policies changed unexpectedly, how would you adapt?

Interview Questions
    • and then we did a role play call where I was supposed to upsell products.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

interviewed at DIRECTV in July 2012.

Very simple, go in, sit down, answer them like you care about the customer and wanting to do your best and there you go you get the job and chances are you might get moved to a different department later on.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable but good terms to agree to.

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!