DIRECTV

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2012.

Interview Details – When I initially applied to Directv, I went onto their website and filled out and application and attached my resume. within 24 hours I received a call from an HR representative and we had a phone interview. At the end of the interview we set up an appointment to interview in person. At the end of the interview they offered me the position and said they would call me within a couple of days to determine starting pay. Once they called, I set up a final appointment with HR to go in to sign my contract. That appointment was where I met about half of my new hire class since we all signed the contracts at the same time after hearing a speech about the company from the HR manager.

Interview Question – The questions they ask are pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said that since I had many years of experience they would start me out a couple dollars higher than where they normally start new employees which is $10.61 per hour.

Missoula, MT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on-line takes about an hour, make sure you have time. You take a test consisting of multi-tasking, answering several questions while watching a timer and making changes to information given. Once complete they will call you to set up a phone interview, from there you will get a 1 on 1 interview. Once hired you will have to do allot of paper work consisting of a back round check and then a drug test. You will get a start date for when you will start training.

Interview Question – very easy interview, need good attitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none, you start out with regular salary

Boise, ID

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Interview Details – Quick, not much was asked. Easy. Lame job, but I'll do it.

Negotiation Details – none

Huntington, WV

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2010.

Interview Details – Not hard, if you've had previous call center experience, you're set.

Negotiation Details – It's a call center, you get what you get.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

Interview Details – I put in an application online and was called back in 2 weeks for a phone interview and scheduled for a 1:1 interview for the next day and in 3 days I was notified that I got the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for DirecTv?   Answer Question

Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked typical behavioral questions. What would you do if policies changed unexpectedly, how would you adapt?

Interview Question – and then we did a role play call where I was supposed to upsell products.   Answer Question

Albuquerque, NM

I interviewed at DIRECTV in July 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple, go in, sit down, answer them like you care about the customer and wanting to do your best and there you go you get the job and chances are you might get moved to a different department later on.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable but good terms to agree to.

Caguas, PR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2012.

Interview Details – From the moment I turned in my resumé, I knew it was a great company. After all, I had the service at home at the moment. So I turned in my resumé and a few days later I got a call, they were interested, so they gave me a date for my first interview. A little far from home, but it was worth it. The central offices were the most incredible I had seen. There were so many cubicles and rooms and new technology, too. I did my interview with human resources and they were very generous. Days later I got another call, they wanted me for a second interview. This time at the offices in my home city. As soon as I arrived, I was told to wait sitting on this cushioned seat and to make myself comfortable...and so I did. The office smelled fresh and the lighting was just right. I waited not too long before I was called in for the interviewed. The office supervisor introduced himself and to the rest of the workers personally. The interview process was very friendly and professional; no jokes or unnecessary comments. Later that week, I was surprised with the news that I had acquired the job position and was given a date and address for my contract signing process and training, that would take place for a whole week before actually working. I coincided with the fact that I wasn't getting minimum pay rate, but 75¢ over. It was great. In end, too great.

Interview Question – My most difficult question was "What do you think your former supervisor would say you did wrong?"   View Answer

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in December 2008.

Interview Details – The process was a standard phone interview with basic question about prior customer service and call center experience. Then a face-to-face interview with one or two recruiter asking about certain scenarios and how you handled them. (Ex. angry customers and how you de-escalated the situation.) From there, they follow up with another meeting to take a background and drug screen and new hire paperwork. If you pass, they call and allow you to choose a start date and work schedule.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time a customer was upset and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but they did offer a competitive pay rate.

Very Easy Interview

Huntington, WV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in May 2012.

Interview Details – The process began by getting a phone call within a week of applying for the position. The initial phone call explained the position and asked a bit about my interest in the company. There was a brief review of my resume, nothing out of the ordinary.
Following this I was called to come in for s skills test and an in person interview after about a week of time. This was the part where I lost the desire to continue with the interview process. The skills test went fine but when it came to the interview I was very disappointed. Arriving they had no clue who I was. I had an interview arranged by the HR interviewer but she didn't bother to schedule it with the front desk HR. Finally after waiting for 10 minutes the desk clerk was able to get a hold of someone who did acknowledge that I was to have an interview that day. The interviewer not only had me wait for over 40 minutes additionally before they began but during the interview the consistently got up to leave the room without even explaining just to go out in the hall and laughed with others and then abruptly ended the interview saying "I'm too busy right now, we'll call you if you're good enough."
Before the interview ended the interviewer was candid about how horrible the customers would be to deal with, mentioning issues with AT&T billing and constant service issues. They also advised that promotion would not be likely in this position and the pay would be only $10/hour. I was told that any slip ups on the phone regarding not selling additional services would be grounds for termination without notice. He told me the position was currently open because former CSA's were fired but overall turnover was a big issue in the company. I was shocked that the interviewer was literally airing out the company’s dirty right in an initial interview.
I did get a call back asking to come back in for another interview but declined to continue further with the interview process after that. This would have been followed with a drug test I was told.

Interview Questions

• This job requires dealing with irate customers consistently on a daily basis, do you see any issues you may have with this?   Answer Question
  • How would you up-sell a customer on a service they do not have and explained the did not want?   Answer Question
  • Discuss your most recent job and what you did there?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Poor initial interview experience with the company. Based on the things the interviewer told me about the company and position, I knew this was not a place I would be remotely happy working in.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DIRECTV

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DIRECTV Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by DIRECTV employees and interview candidates.