DIRECTV

Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.4

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Before an interview was scheduled, a skills test was taken. Interviews were then given on the spot and a hiring decision was immediately made. I was taken on a tour of the building and provided with information on the next steps to expect. I was given instructions for drug testing and set up for a training class.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember any of the questions asked of me on the interview as this was several years ago.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in December 2014.

Recieved a phone call a couple of days after submitting the online application, did a phone interview, and then an in person interview with a coach. A few days later I was offered a position "pending a background check and UA" completed all of those things and then received an email welcoming me to the Directv family

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult quesiton was to "sell" a service to my interviewer   Answer Question
    No negotiations, very fairly offered pay and incentives

Customer Service Representative Interview

It was very brief, waited for about 5 minutes in the lobby. Two interviewers, trading off questions. Situational based questions, how do you react to certain situations etc. very nice people, didn't take the job but only because I received better offer. I would have been fine accepting the position.

Interview Questions
    • give me an example of a time where a client was upset with you, how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in November 2014.

I had a brief phone call to set up an interview. She asked about my job history 10+ years. I have been working for a call center for a year now, and prior to that retail management for 3 years. I am also a full time student, and I was not offered the job. I have nothing that would have hindered me from getting this job. They hired several people from my current job that are very young with little to no work experience making more than I currently make.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted every detail of my job history from 10+ years ago.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Very quick hiring process. I received a phone call within 72 hours of submitting my application. One face to face interview with the position being offered at the end of the interview. Typical entry level interview questions. Human Resources rep does a great job laying out the specifics for the position and what is expected of you.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in April 2014.

I was contacted for a phone interview, but ended up skipping that process due to being interviewed for an internship with DIRECTV as well. I wasn't offered the internship so I went back and interviewed for the CSR position. It was a pretty long interview, probably about 45 minutes. She asked me what I liked to do, how I would handle rude customers, and did some scenario type questions. It was a pretty standard 1-1 interview and I was offered a position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the scenarios were difficult. You need to make sure that you solve the problem at hand while keeping the customer happy and not upsetting or embarrassing them since you are dealing with their billing information.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. She went over benefits, pay, and schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Quick, not much was asked. Easy. Lame job, but I'll do it.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in November 2013.

Applied on-line takes about an hour, make sure you have time. You take a test consisting of multi-tasking, answering several questions while watching a timer and making changes to information given. Once complete they will call you to set up a phone interview, from there you will get a 1 on 1 interview. Once hired you will have to do allot of paper work consisting of a back round check and then a drug test. You will get a start date for when you will start training.

Interview Questions
    There is none, you start out with regular salary

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

I put in an application online and was called back in 2 weeks for a phone interview and scheduled for a 1:1 interview for the next day and in 3 days I was notified that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in June 2013.

The interviewer asked typical behavioral questions. What would you do if policies changed unexpectedly, how would you adapt?

Interview Questions
    • and then we did a role play call where I was supposed to upsell products.   Answer Question