DIRECTV

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2011.

Interview Details – HR process is very slow and takes a long time to make a decision. HR is not very responsive. Had to go through 3 in person interviews and the whole process took over a month before getting an offer.

Interview Question – white broad testing with panel interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
El Segundo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2014.

Interview Details – Reached out through campus recruiting event. Got an on-site interview invitation two days after. Went the scheduled interview in 2 weeks. Supposed to be a panel interview but only one principal engineer made it. Lasted for 1 hour. Casual conversation. Got the offer a week later. The on-boarding process did take some time. I interviewed in March, finished the whole HR communication stuff early June.

Interview Question – What do you know about network system in terms of media delivery?   View Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Interview Details – This is the worst place to interview at. The managers are eager to say negative things upfront while interviewing therefore it is hard to keep a positive face while interviewing.

Interview Question – Ask questions that have no relevance to the job. If you had a genie, what would you ask for? I honestly had to stare at him to compose myself if he meant work related or work   Answer Question

IT Senior Analyst I Interview

IT Senior Analyst I
El Segundo, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with staffing agency on basic Problem Mgmt activities, ITIL terms and concepts
Interview in person with hiring manager on experience achievements and expectations
interview with team members on problem management, problem solving, and communications skills

Interview Question – a coin dropped inside a shopping mall
what is your approach to find it?
  Answer Question

Senior Human Resource Generalist Interview

Senior Human Resource Generalist
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very unorganized. Interviewers were late and unprepared. Only 1 of 4 looked at my resume prior, and actually told me so. I was horrified. No one really could describe the position, or actually knew what Group or Division I would be supporting, which was just unacceptable. Had I not really needed a job, I would have walked out at this point. How can a Fortune 500 company have an HR and Recruiting Department that is not trained and so unorganized and ineffective? Wow...I was stunned! FYI, I did get an offer, as I said, I needed a job. After accepting, and hoping to try to make things better, I realized it was near to impossible to do so, and started looking elsewhere and found a job that was much more suited to my professional needs and not one that was stuck in the 1970's...

Interview Question – This is a tough place to work if you have not heard. Why would you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter was not prepared either, and said they were understaffed and overworked. Said she apologized as she did not get any onboarding training, and was left to figure things out by herself, as there was noone there to help her!!!

Very Difficult Interview

Executive Compensation Manager Interview

Executive Compensation Manager
El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very poor recruiting process. Was specifically recruited by DIRECTV for this job and never had the courtesy of an email or phone response despite repeated follow-ups. DIRECTV does not "get" that applicants are also customers. Recruiters need to be held accountable, especially when the applicant can clearly perform against all standards. I've switched from DIRECTV for this reason.

Interview Question – Could not even get a response from their recruiter. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – There were a group interview with three people. The questions were not very difficult. There were no technical questions. They asked mostly about the stuff on my resume. They seemed to be not very serious. In the end, they asked some random questions to see how I though, questions such as list all the possible uses of a paper clip that you can think of. They never replied emails afterwards, nit even at least bother to tell you that you did not get the offer. Company structure is not clear.

Data Architect Interview

Data Architect
El Segundo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college job portal. Received a call from IT Director within a week for the interview. Interview went for around 30 mins. In general resume walkthrough and some basic questions about Data Modeling and SDLC.

Interview Question – Explain the difference between MS Visio and IBM Rational Modeler (formerly called Rational Rose) ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I was being asked to relocate, I asked for a relocation compensation and recieved a generous one!

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2009.

Interview Details – This was a long time ago when the employees were nice and professional -- Submitted my online application six months before I received a phone call from recruiter. The recruiter asked how much I was currently getting paid. He arranged a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited to interview with each team member. Very informal and relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Question – How do you know the date of the data on the database?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I accepted. We agreed.

Very Easy Interview

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Traffic Coordinator
El Segundo, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1 Interview that was the best interview I have ever had.

Negotiation Details – 1 step and simple.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DIRECTV

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!