DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Very quick hiring process. I received a phone call within 72 hours of submitting my application. One face to face interview with the position being offered at the end of the interview. Typical entry level interview questions. Human Resources rep does a great job laying out the specifics for the position and what is expected of you.

No negotiation.

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2014.

HR Recruiter hard to get ahold of. Contacted me one week and i had to called 3-5 times a day for a week or so to get in touch with her. But after, Positive and outgoing interviewers. A pleasant and uplifting experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you face and overcame ambiguity   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2014.

I received an email 2 days after I applied for a phone interview and then got my face to face interview the next day. I got a tour of the building and where everything was and was offered a job at the end.

Interview Questions
    It was simple, no negotiation needed, they made me a great offer.

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Palms, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Palms, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2014.

Initial interview went great and I felt I had a good chance at the position... I completed the drug test and was then contacted to do a physical test well the day of the physical test I was contacted by the backgrounds investigator for some information he ask that I fax over some paperwork regarding the issue on hand so I did and then I completed the physical test... the next day I was contacted again and was informed that I was ineligible for the position... So I went through the entire process and spent money on faxing papers when the whole time he could have advised me of that before I continued on to the physical and not have to fax any paperwork...A complete waste of time and I did not receive any form of reimbursement on my money spent on faxes by his request.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a upset customer?   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2014.

I have given interview for a contract position.

Questions asked are:

First round and second round(telephonic)-

Q. how to check processes status
    -ps or ps -f

Q how to copy file to remote system
    -scp(for secure shell connection) and rcp(for remote host)

Q How do you find last modified file?
    - ls -ltr| head -1

Q How to find file which has not been modified in last three days?

Q.About Vi editor
    Q If you type your URL and page shows error what would you do?
    -check internet connection
    -check whether server is up or not

Qhow do you write script in unix/linux
    - i said i will use shebang construct #! /bin/bash then write my commands insequence of execution and function and conditions, then save using .sh extension

Q Difference between inner join and outer join

-QWhat are web services?
    -Qdiff between soap and Rest and when would you which one
    Q What do you test in web services?
    .Qwhat is SOA?
    .Qdifference between delete,drop and truncate
    . Qdiff bet casting and multicasting
    .QExplain your role in your last project and environment
    . Qdiff between test plan and test case
    -QTest exit criteria
    . Qvideo files

Face-to-face interview

4 leads each for half n hr and one test

-commom questions would be
    -tell me abut yourself
    -to explain your projects
    -web services diff between rest , soap and soa
    -waterfall, agile and v model
    -they will ask you to write sql queries
    -how to find 3 days old file using unix/linux command(ask to write on paper)
    -multicasting and casting

4th Lead
    -has asked general questions
    -wud you be comfortable joining a broadcasting company
    - 3 quizz
    -one 7 balls -6 same weight and one heavy
    -bucket 3 gallon and 5 gallon
    -three box apple only, orange only and third box apple and orange both

Test(-40-45 mins)

many ques on unix and linux command

-how to run a shell script
    -how to stop a shell script
    -cron
    -ls
    -grep
    -list commands u know
    -sql query ques
    -list sql commands u know
    -find error in xml using its xsd(xml schema definition)
    -find bugs in a service response
    -write 10 test case for a given scenarios
    -2 brain teasors
        -one was u have 7 balls , 6 same weight and 1 diff weight(heavier) and a beam balance how would you find the heavy ball in least steps(generally they ask for 2)
       - other one has four squares and 4 numbers in each squares and depending on the relation bet numbers in other squares u have to find missing number

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at DIRECTV.

The interview and hiring was straight forward actually, standard questions and a review my personal work, we reviewed a few past projects from my portfolio and discussed my design process and some of my past employers. I met and spoke with two people during my interview, an Art Director and a Manager, it was quite a pleasant experience actually.

Director, Technology Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Slow to interview and make an offer. Helps to work as a contractor before being considered for a full-time position. Many of the full-time employees working at DIRECTV started as contractors or consultants.

Interview Questions
    Offer is very close to final numbers - not much wiggle room.

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Had initial 30 minute phone interview with outsourced recruiter, then 1 hour phone interview with hiring interview, then in person 1 hour interviews with team members consisting of one on one and group depending on availability

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV.

It all started with applying online, after that i was able to go into their office for an interview. The interview process felt as if it was just a way to see what the potential employee looked, and sounded like. It was not a hard interview, nor did they ask any challenging questions.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate for a higher starting wage.

Inventory Control Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

You will have to apply for any position thru the online job posting system. The HR group will screen candidates and can take some time to hear back from unless the position is needing to be filled immediately and even then can take a week or so. The first conversation will be a phone interview with a HR recruiter and then if they like what they hear they will pass it on to the hiring manager to determine if you get a face to face interview. You could also have to go thru a second phone interview before the face to face if they have a significant amount of possible candidates.

Interview Questions

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!