DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I was contacted through email to schedule the initial phone screening interview. The phone interview was set up for 2 days later. The interviewer called at almost the exact time that scheduled (almost down to the second). The interviewer was very easy-going and asked mainly about my goals as a software developer. While referring to the experiences listed on my resume, they asked about my interests in interviewing for various development teams. Specifics about where my technical strengths lie were also asked followed by a very easy quiz about basic programming/development concepts.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

very tough interview process. I had two phone interviews, and a huge panel interview, where I was interviewed by 3 people at first, than another 2, and then I had to go back to interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in July 2015.

Interview

First phone interview was relatively easy, discussed the benefits and the general overview of the position. Second phone interview was pretty difficult, but thorough. I feel as if I didn't quite have the best answers for the questions. We discussed the training to be provided, how much travel was required and what kind of forecast numbers the department is responsible for.

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps you've taken to close a deal.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you have managed accounts from call centers all the way up to CEO's.   Answer Question

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (Camarillo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, one week later revived a call asking if I was available for a phone interview, completed the phone interview, scheduled a in person interview one week later. Had a great one on one interview with two supervisors on site. Was told there were many more applicant and to wait for a phone call for a third interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer was not an engineer and asked me general interview questions in a sort of voice that sounded like he wasn't really paying attention. After the interview was done he told me to expect an email for another interview. They ended up deciding they'd move forward with another candidate though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Interviewed by team I would have been working for. Asked basic things like projects I worked on, school experience, work experience, the usual questions. The manager seemed like he didn't want to be there and had a bad attitude, but the other members on the team seemed helpful and friendly.

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic interview. Want to see if you can think and that you can talk about your resume. Questions are not that difficult just be able to explain your past employment and projects

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. Was initially contacted by a recruiter who set me up with a phone screen. After the phone screen, they wanted to set up a full day of interviews where I interviewed with five people plus complete a case study. They rescheduled the interview day five different times in the same week and I started to feel jerked around and that my time wasn't valuable to them. Then the morning of the interview as I am walking out the door at 7:30am to drive to Directv, the recruiter calls me to tell me that one of the people I'm supposed to interview with is now unavailable and they want me to come in at 10:00am now. I almost told the recruiter I was no longer interested in the position, since they clearly did not have the organizational capabilities to schedule a simple interview. However, I ended up going in and only meeting with three people and not doing the case study. They also did not have a job description for the role I was interviewing for. When I asked what the role entailed and what my responsibilities would be, they were extremely vague and couldn't give me a straight answer. You're a Fortune 500 company...how do you not have a job description or know what the role entails? They also told me that my position could be affected by the AT&T acquisition and the role may become obsolete. WHY ARE YOU EVEN INTERVIEWING FOR THE POSITION THEN? I wasn't offered the role, but even if I was, I would have declined. They need to clean up their act.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ambiguous situation you've been in and how you dealt with it. If you need to get the CEO's attention, how do you do that if you have a priority that needs to get accomplished? What are your three greatest strengths and three greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Satellite Install Technician Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview, then you had to drive down to Tumwater for a drug test and fill out paperwork. You also went there to get the tools you needed for the job

Interview Questions

• Who would you contact if you could now solve an issue with a customer? your supervisor   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I received a call, answered a few short questions, then I was called in for a face to face meeting. Very relaxed, as they are looking for genuine answers. After answering questions, they sent me for a drug test. After returning, they offered me a job, and negotiated payment. Then went over when training would start.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer