DIRECTV

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2011.

Interview Details – HR process is very slow and takes a long time to make a decision. HR is not very responsive. Had to go through 3 in person interviews and the whole process took over a month before getting an offer.

Interview Question – white broad testing with panel interview   Answer Question

Director, Technology Interview

Director, Technology

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – Slow to interview and make an offer. Helps to work as a contractor before being considered for a full-time position. Many of the full-time employees working at DIRECTV started as contractors or consultants.

Interview Question – Depends on the interviewer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer is very close to final numbers - not much wiggle room.

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

Senior Manager Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – Had initial 30 minute phone interview with outsourced recruiter, then 1 hour phone interview with hiring interview, then in person 1 hour interviews with team members consisting of one on one and group depending on availability

Interview Question – How would you describe your leadership style?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

Technical Support- DIRECTV
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – It all started with applying online, after that i was able to go into their office for an interview. The interview process felt as if it was just a way to see what the potential employee looked, and sounded like. It was not a hard interview, nor did they ask any challenging questions.

Interview Question – How would you sell me this pen?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a higher starting wage.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Huntington, WV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2010.

Interview Details – They required screening tests such as computer skills and personality tests following a phone interview. After passing those was offered interview on the spot.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything being difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
El Segundo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2014.

Interview Details – Reached out through campus recruiting event. Got an on-site interview invitation two days after. Went the scheduled interview in 2 weeks. Supposed to be a panel interview but only one principal engineer made it. Lasted for 1 hour. Casual conversation. Got the offer a week later. The on-boarding process did take some time. I interviewed in March, finished the whole HR communication stuff early June.

Interview Question – What do you know about network system in terms of media delivery?   View Answer

Inventory Control Planner Interview

Inventory Control Planner

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – You will have to apply for any position thru the online job posting system. The HR group will screen candidates and can take some time to hear back from unless the position is needing to be filled immediately and even then can take a week or so. The first conversation will be a phone interview with a HR recruiter and then if they like what they hear they will pass it on to the hiring manager to determine if you get a face to face interview. You could also have to go thru a second phone interview before the face to face if they have a significant amount of possible candidates.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were fairly expected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Satellite Technician Interview

Satellite Technician
Madison, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DIRECTV in June 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview was my start then i got another phone interview and now i go for a inperson intervieww i got a email explaining. The phone interview was fine. I also aplied for charter i didnt even get a call back.

Interview Question – Well the time was difficult cause i had to wait but i just got layed off so.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Call Center
Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in May 2014.

Interview Details – Questions about handling difficult situation. Questions are asked about "grey" area situations. Asked how flexible one can be with a customer. You have to pass a test and try to look good.

Interview Question – Asked questions about handling situations that have no right or wrong answer. Asked how sensitive i was to pay fluctuations. Some of the scenarios were difficult. You need to make sure that you solve the callers issue while keeping the caller calm and not upsetting or embarrassing them since you are dealing with their personal details   Answer Question

Several Positions Interview

Several Positions

I applied through other source and interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – I've been applying on line for months now, no one has called or emailed me. I've connected with recruiters via LinkedIn to help me and again no response. I really would like to work for Directv, I would be a great fit for the company however I am having second thoughts. Since March been applying no response

Interview Question – No response, feels like I'm applying for a job via cyber space.   Answer Question

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!