DIRECTV

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.6

Java Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

I submitted my resume through a job searching website. they then replied to my email regarding the position and the time would I be available for a phone interview. After the phone interview, they said that if I pass, they will email me an invitation to go to a face to face interview with them.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my experience in java and other technologies. They also asked me about OOP and some definitions like difference between abstract and interface. Some non-technical questions were also asked.   Answer Question

Planning Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV in February 2015.

The interview overall took 40 minutes. First, they asked me about my past experience and specific details of some stuff I have in my resume. I was kind of a explanation of my resume. After that, the asked me my point of view of the position what do I think would be necessary for that position and my level of excel skills.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in February 2015.

Very simplistic process with the usual questions. Can you run through your resume for me? Why do you feel like you are a good fit for this position? Why DIRECTV? Engaging recruiter and overall a great experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in February 2015.

Did a pretest job screen drug screen went over some benefits saw a tour of the facility. Describe d certain areas of the floor. lady was friendly. Showed break room smoke area filled out all digital w2 I 9. I was Fairly easy. I enjoyed getting started. Did a lot of driving back and forth to please dtv pre employment qualifications.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

I applied on their website then about 4 weeks later I was contacted via email to set up an appointment for a phone interview with a software engineer. The phone interview is about 30 minutes. The first 5-8 minutes was just talking about the program and telling them a little about myself. The remaining 22-25 minutes were somewhat technical as in the software engineer wanted me to talk about projects that I've done and if I struggled on some what was it on and how did I go on about to fix it. Then he asked what I learned so far and some technical brain teaser questions testing my knowledge of OOP and C++ in general.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult:
      "Implement a queue using a class defined for stack"

View Answer

Recruiter Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

I was contacted via social media regarding the job. Had a phone screen, invited to go in and interview. Which I did. Followed up after the interviews with thank you's. Got a note they were completing interviews and would get back to me in a week. Never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, how do you create relationships with managers? Where do you recruit from?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Before an interview was scheduled, a skills test was taken. Interviews were then given on the spot and a hiring decision was immediately made. I was taken on a tour of the building and provided with information on the next steps to expect. I was given instructions for drug testing and set up for a training class.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any of the questions asked of me on the interview as this was several years ago.   Answer Question

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in January 2015.

Filled out an application online as well as a test on a thursday. The test seemed difficult due to that you have to type and click a button any time something exceeds goals. Then they have scenarios of what you would most likely do to the least. It was tricky because all seemed like good answers. On monday received a phone call and was asked about salary requirements. After scheduled a phone interview for Wednesday . At the end of the phone interview was scheduled an in person interview for friday. In person interview consisted of background and technical questions. Do to previous tech experience and providing good answers the interviewer skipped the tech part and heavily asked about metrics and performance and competition and why work for this company.

Interview Questions
    When they first called me i told them the starting rate was lower than what i was being offered by a competitor which is the truth. They looked at my past experience and told me the highest they could go up and about the differential before phone interview was set up.

Satellite Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

They called me which turned into a phone interview and if you pass that you will be given a date which you will go and have a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of "tell me when this happened and how did you handle it" type questions.   Answer Question
    Great company, great offer, no need to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

After intensive online interview I was called for a phone interview after making a good impression they brought me in for a face to face interview. In the face to face interview I was asked about career goals and why the company and I would be a good fit. After I was offered the job they did normal background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations happened but schedule selection does affect overall pay.