DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer was not an engineer and asked me general interview questions in a sort of voice that sounded like he wasn't really paying attention. After the interview was done he told me to expect an email for another interview. They ended up deciding they'd move forward with another candidate though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Interviewed by team I would have been working for. Asked basic things like projects I worked on, school experience, work experience, the usual questions. The manager seemed like he didn't want to be there and had a bad attitude, but the other members on the team seemed helpful and friendly.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. Was initially contacted by a recruiter who set me up with a phone screen. After the phone screen, they wanted to set up a full day of interviews where I interviewed with five people plus complete a case study. They rescheduled the interview day five different times in the same week and I started to feel jerked around and that my time wasn't valuable to them. Then the morning of the interview as I am walking out the door at 7:30am to drive to Directv, the recruiter calls me to tell me that one of the people I'm supposed to interview with is now unavailable and they want me to come in at 10:00am now. I almost told the recruiter I was no longer interested in the position, since they clearly did not have the organizational capabilities to schedule a simple interview. However, I ended up going in and only meeting with three people and not doing the case study. They also did not have a job description for the role I was interviewing for. When I asked what the role entailed and what my responsibilities would be, they were extremely vague and couldn't give me a straight answer. You're a Fortune 500 company...how do you not have a job description or know what the role entails? They also told me that my position could be affected by the AT&T acquisition and the role may become obsolete. WHY ARE YOU EVEN INTERVIEWING FOR THE POSITION THEN? I wasn't offered the role, but even if I was, I would have declined. They need to clean up their act.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ambiguous situation you've been in and how you dealt with it. If you need to get the CEO's attention, how do you do that if you have a priority that needs to get accomplished? What are your three greatest strengths and three greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic interview. Want to see if you can think and that you can talk about your resume. Questions are not that difficult just be able to explain your past employment and projects

Satellite Install Technician Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview, then you had to drive down to Tumwater for a drug test and fill out paperwork. You also went there to get the tools you needed for the job

Interview Questions

• Who would you contact if you could now solve an issue with a customer? your supervisor   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I received a call, answered a few short questions, then I was called in for a face to face meeting. Very relaxed, as they are looking for genuine answers. After answering questions, they sent me for a drug test. After returning, they offered me a job, and negotiated payment. Then went over when training would start.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Specialist (LifeShield) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV (Langhorne, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through staffing agency AND directly to Directv (LifeShield) after Directv failed to respond to the staffing agency.

Two phone interviews and one in person interview with Directv. I was told I would hear back "as soon as possible" but never heard back, even after sending multiple follow ups. Then, weeks later, got an email that they were "continuing their search" for someone with the experience they were looking for (mind you I have 2 1/2 years call center customer support experience ...)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer call?   1 Answer

Satellite Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Easy Interview. After driving an hour and back four times and given the employment offer, they told me I was overweight 9 pounds. Was tild I can reapply anytime but I think this is a sign to wait for another opportunity, IE the Military job in waiting status.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever installed in a harsh weather environment?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Fille out online app then it a call the next day to set up phone interview. Not sure if I did well because she didn't ask to set up a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when u have outstanding customer service   1 Answer

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DIRECTV (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First I did a phone interview. They will call or email...but called me only. It helped that I had Caller ID. I was able to call back and follow-up. I was asked the usual about experience and scenarios. Just be truthful and honest. Be upbeat and ready to answer. Next came the manager interview; same type questions. Smile and greet everyone in the office is key. Be outgoing. I was offered a position and things needed. Drug Test, Physical, and background. Keep in contact...you will get an official notice in a email.

Interview Questions

• How to handle an irate customer?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your job?   1 Answer