DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY).

Interview

Disorganized. Unprofessional. Made to wait. No clear expectations of duration of interview. No clear path of role and responsibilities. From phone interview to face to face the position changed. The interviewer kept saying he was trying to keep me 'off guard' and 'on my toes.'

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was - how long did it take for you to get here today - as if my commute time was going to be factored into their decision.   Answer Question

The management team I met with was extremely stressed and kept talking about how stressful their job was and how business is declining. Additionally when I asked about training - they said there was none BUT I needed to be up and running immediately. I felt there would be no support and high expectations which would lead to failure.

Executive Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very poor recruiting process. Was specifically recruited by DIRECTV for this job and never had the courtesy of an email or phone response despite repeated follow-ups. DIRECTV does not "get" that applicants are also customers. Recruiters need to be held accountable, especially when the applicant can clearly perform against all standards. I've switched from DIRECTV for this reason.

Interview Questions

• Could not even get a response from their recruiter. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

IT Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Taking care of the Teradata Production Systems, making sure to meet the SLA of 99.99%. Identify killer Queries and make sure the systems are working efficiently and helping the developers to get their queries tuned. Day to day DBA related tasks as to creating Users, Tables, Databases etc...

Interview Questions

• Career Goal, what would want to do 5 years down the line?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Very straightforward process. I applied, got a call a few weeks later and set up a phone interview. The recruiter was cordial and professional. She asked some difficult questions. I honestly felt I could have done much better, but I'm not one to make excuses. If I could do it again, I would have paid more attention to the exact words I used on me resume.

Interview Questions

• Would you lie to protect the company you work for?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

very tough interview process. I had two phone interviews, and a huge panel interview, where I was interviewed by 3 people at first, than another 2, and then I had to go back to interview with a VP.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Excellent interview process. Began with a phone conference call with a recruiter where we discussed my prior work experience. Then, I was invited for an in house interview where I met with 3 different managers and 2 senior directors. The interviewers were very pleasant and immediately made me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe the type of risks that I foresee impacting the business.   1 Answer

Vendor Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in August 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews: Hiring Sr Director, and a newly Director

Interview Questions

• Director asked about my experience as a Program Manager, which was not mentioned in the job posting. Proceeded to point out to me how I was not a good fit to the position, even though I was a very good fit to what was described in the posting.   1 Answer

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (Lakewood, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Questions about handling difficult situation. Questions are asked about "grey" area situations. Asked how flexible one can be with a customer. You have to pass a test and try to look good.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about handling situations that have no right or wrong answer. Asked how sensitive i was to pay fluctuations. Some of the scenarios were difficult. You need to make sure that you solve the callers issue while keeping the caller calm and not upsetting or embarrassing them since you are dealing with their personal details   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV (Boise, ID) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a brief phone call to set up an interview. She asked about my job history 10+ years. I have been working for a call center for a year now, and prior to that retail management for 3 years. I am also a full time student, and I was not offered the job. I have nothing that would have hindered me from getting this job. They hired several people from my current job that are very young with little to no work experience making more than I currently make.

Interview Questions

• Wanted every detail of my job history from 10+ years ago.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

HR process is very slow and takes a long time to make a decision. HR is not very responsive. Had to go through 3 in person interviews and the whole process took over a month before getting an offer.