DIRECTV

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.6

Executive Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

Very poor recruiting process. Was specifically recruited by DIRECTV for this job and never had the courtesy of an email or phone response despite repeated follow-ups. DIRECTV does not "get" that applicants are also customers. Recruiters need to be held accountable, especially when the applicant can clearly perform against all standards. I've switched from DIRECTV for this reason.

Interview Questions
    • Could not even get a response from their recruiter. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

Disorganized. Unprofessional. Made to wait. No clear expectations of duration of interview. No clear path of role and responsibilities. From phone interview to face to face the position changed. The interviewer kept saying he was trying to keep me 'off guard' and 'on my toes.'

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was - how long did it take for you to get here today - as if my commute time was going to be factored into their decision.   Answer Question

The management team I met with was extremely stressed and kept talking about how stressful their job was and how business is declining. Additionally when I asked about training - they said there was none BUT I needed to be up and running immediately. I felt there would be no support and high expectations which would lead to failure.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in March 2011.

HR process is very slow and takes a long time to make a decision. HR is not very responsive. Had to go through 3 in person interviews and the whole process took over a month before getting an offer.

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in April 2010.

Phone interview and on-site interview. Both interviews were in-depth. I enjoyed how everything was handled and how I didn't have to do much except answer my phone and show up for my on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Minnesota is way too cold for me!!!

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in July 2011.

job posted on a thursday. applied same day. called on monday had phone interview and basic questions about ability.told to go in to the site for interview. was a group panel interview they said they has more waves of interviewers and would be in touch.!!update!! called today 2 days later told to go back in on tueday for another interview! yay!another update!! Went in today i was told previous interview pretty much didnt count because i knew the interviewers and we were pretty much just catching up and didnt get to all the questions last time. kind of sucks expecting to be on the 2nd on site interview o find out im still on the first step. i was told it would be a week or so and i would here back from the dtv recruiter. 1 week later now and they called me for drug screen and background paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • give me a time where the supervisor directly wanted you to go against company policy   Answer Question
    • what does integrity stand for?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in November 2008.

The hiring and interview process was set in motion by a friends referal. Two interviews were held, one in a group setting and one on one interviews with indiviual colleagues. A specific set of skills were requirred and the questions focused on that area. It was put forth that the job would have other aspects. There would be a demand for a wide range of design experience. Travel was mentioned for plant tours, vendor meetings, design reviews. Continuing education was stressed and was mentioned as a requirement for a good review.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with many types of circuits - low noise, power, demod, decode and many others.   Answer Question
    Kow what you are worth and what the current job market will pay.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in March 2010.

The interview over the phone was general with my KSA's but then to be notified that I would be interviewing with 5 individuals separately was a long day. Then having a 2nd interview with another individual that was not originally included in the interview process was a bit questioning.

Interview Questions
    • If you have one last thing to share with me that you wish you would tell me after this interview, what would it be?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in March 2010.

Standard process; several phone interviews followed by onsite interview with 3 IT staff

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you would do if you disagree with the way your boss handles a situation   View Answer
    • What is the difference between an issue and a risk?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in February 2010.

I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiting company who found me via Linkedin.com They screened me before forwarding my resume to the DirecTV hiring manager. I was granted an on-site 60 minutes interview with the hiring manager. The, I was invited back for a 2nd round interview with 4 different people. The director of the group, the hiring manager’s peer, and two of the hiring manager’s current analysts. These were all one-on-one interviews lasting 60 minutes each. I was later contacted by the group’s VP for a impromptu 15 minute phone interview that evening. The focus of each interview differed with each interviewer. The other analysts asked more granular / technical questions. The group director evaluated me for cultural fit within the group as well as with the business client. My interview with the VP was less structured, but I too that opportunity to demonstrate my understanding of the industry and my ability to be a forward thinker.

I believe that the DirecTV is a merit based company with many opportunities for assertive and career oriented people. Although their industry is shrinking, DirecTV’s focus on customer service, innovative / cutting edge product offerings has allowed them to grow at their competitor’s expense.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an include and an exclude relationship between use cases?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what the difference between a Business Systems Analyst and a Business Analyst?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in August 2009.

I felt the Recruiter was thorough when screening me over the phone and was realistic with the job responsibilities. There was a phone interview and then a panel meeting with a few hiring managers. Everyone was pleasant and professional. Make sure you have samples of your work and can explain your involvement in your projects thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • What project did you manage that most closely matches a project you might be responsible for here?   Answer Question