DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY).

Interview

Disorganized. Unprofessional. Made to wait. No clear expectations of duration of interview. No clear path of role and responsibilities. From phone interview to face to face the position changed. The interviewer kept saying he was trying to keep me 'off guard' and 'on my toes.'

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was - how long did it take for you to get here today - as if my commute time was going to be factored into their decision.   Answer Question

The management team I met with was extremely stressed and kept talking about how stressful their job was and how business is declining. Additionally when I asked about training - they said there was none BUT I needed to be up and running immediately. I felt there would be no support and high expectations which would lead to failure.

Executive Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very poor recruiting process. Was specifically recruited by DIRECTV for this job and never had the courtesy of an email or phone response despite repeated follow-ups. DIRECTV does not "get" that applicants are also customers. Recruiters need to be held accountable, especially when the applicant can clearly perform against all standards. I've switched from DIRECTV for this reason.

Interview Questions

• Could not even get a response from their recruiter. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Very straightforward process. I applied, got a call a few weeks later and set up a phone interview. The recruiter was cordial and professional. She asked some difficult questions. I honestly felt I could have done much better, but I'm not one to make excuses. If I could do it again, I would have paid more attention to the exact words I used on me resume.

Interview Questions

• Would you lie to protect the company you work for?   1 Answer

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in January 2009.

Interview

Hired as a contractor, easy process as long as hiring manager knows how to process contractors. Was very seamless

Interview Questions

• Am I able to do a role that was just created   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was handled through my recruiter. I negotiated directly and only with the contracting firm

Vendor Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in August 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews: Hiring Sr Director, and a newly Director

Interview Questions

• Director asked about my experience as a Program Manager, which was not mentioned in the job posting. Proceeded to point out to me how I was not a good fit to the position, even though I was a very good fit to what was described in the posting.   1 Answer

IT Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Taking care of the Teradata Production Systems, making sure to meet the SLA of 99.99%. Identify killer Queries and make sure the systems are working efficiently and helping the developers to get their queries tuned. Day to day DBA related tasks as to creating Users, Tables, Databases etc...

Interview Questions

• Career Goal, what would want to do 5 years down the line?   Answer Question

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DIRECTV (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview and on-site interview. Both interviews were in-depth. I enjoyed how everything was handled and how I didn't have to do much except answer my phone and show up for my on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Make a receiver work on-site.   1 Answer

Minnesota is way too cold for me!!!

Senior Manager PCI DSS Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed the with Director of the department and two of his analysts. Interview lasted about 1.5 hours. I didn't receive an offer, but I have nothing but positive thoughts about the team. They were all extremely bright, knew their industry and positions very well and had detailed plans of where they were going. This is a competitive company in a competitive industry, so bring you A game.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall a specific question, but they were all appropriately technical and complex   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the person who would have been my manager. She asked lots of questions and was not very personable. Actually rather confrontational. Interviewed with two would-be peers. One was rather friendly, the other reserved and apprehensive. They were very focused on the details of my prior experience, which I felt was the wrong approach for a job that requires a broad set of skills, including basics like intelligence and people skills. Details about a job can be learned, especially by someone who has the ability to learn quickly.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with multiple current employees over 2 different days. Was asked to bring in a work sample. Seemed like good, hard working employees and that were happy with their jobs

Interview Questions

• Explain specific statistical techniques for solving a problem (variable reduction)   Answer Question