DIRECTV

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.6

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

Hr was very helpful. After initial call, I was brought in and prepped before the actual interview with the hiring manager. Then interviewed with about 4 people.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Contacted by a consultant. Initial Phone interview, then a face to face panel inteview

Interview Questions
    • You are managing a portfolio of projects. All of your four clients want their project to be delivered at the same time. you do not have resources to do all the work at the same time nor do you have funds to hire more resources, what would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

More like a a gathering of a lot of applicants and then select very few from the group...

no negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at DIRECTV.

2 phone interviews, on-site interview with 5-6 engineers+managers

Interview Questions
    • can you describe the most difficult job that you have done so far and explain why you feel it was most difficult to you?   Answer Question

Principal Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV.

phone screening and 6 in person interviews

not much room.

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at DIRECTV.

There is no technical question for me, which is quite bizarre. They asked me about all my projects listed on my resume. And they like one-page resumes.

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in April 2013.

After applying online I received a call from a Directv HR manager that completed a behavioral interview. The process took about 40 minutes. I asked if she felt I would move forward with the hiring process and was told she was completing a number of interviews and would share results with the hiring manager. After two weeks I received an email stating I would not be further considered for this position.

Interview Questions
    • They use behavioral interview process. Make sure to know the information on your resume and use the STAR method for responding to questions   Answer Question

Java C/C++ Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

I was contacted by a HR after applying online on their website. He asked me about my availability for the following week to schedule a screening, but didn't reply to my email(and a follow-up mail) , after I sent him my initial availability.

After two weeks, he sent me an email asking for a fresh availability. We setup a time and later spoke over the phone. He asked me if I have ever worked on Java. I said I haven't, but I can pick it up as I am comfortable with C++/OOP etc. He said that's OK and Java is not a mandatory requirement but preferable . Then he asked me how much would I rate myself on the scale of 1 to 5 on Java expertise . I thought -- What the .. Didn't I just mention that I have never worked on Java :). Anyways, I said a modest 1.

Then he said that the Manager of the team will call me at a particular time next week.
    I prepared well for the interview and kept waiting besides the phone for the call. No one called. I called up the HR and left him a voice mail and also sent him an email.

No response for few days. I sent him another email after few days to which he replied that the manager is looking for someone with more experience. Then why was the interview scheduled ? Even if they changed their mind for not interviewing, shouldn't the candidate be informed about it (Ideally before the scheduled time, if not later)?

So, overall pretty bad or ill-coordinated process. I am not sure if it was just one particular case or who was responsible for it, but then it was an unpleasant experience.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at DIRECTV.

Started as a contractor and had phone interview then several one on one interviews. Took awhile to hear back but was worth the wait.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Was screened by a recruiter first over phone. One of the managers in the department conducted 30 mins interview followed by 3 separate interviews in person at Directv office.