DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.6

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV (Bangor, ME) in June 2011.

Interview

Not very long interview process, basically walked in and was offered a job. Nor that it's the hardest job to get. They were honest about the work, in the end it wasn't for me. Probably good job if you are looking to learn a little bit about it obviously won't lead to a job to retire from, but good entry level work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer was not an engineer and asked me general interview questions in a sort of voice that sounded like he wasn't really paying attention. After the interview was done he told me to expect an email for another interview. They ended up deciding they'd move forward with another candidate though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Interviewed by team I would have been working for. Asked basic things like projects I worked on, school experience, work experience, the usual questions. The manager seemed like he didn't want to be there and had a bad attitude, but the other members on the team seemed helpful and friendly.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a phone call with the internal recruiter to review the job description and discuss the level of experience and technical experience. A technical phone interview to discuss projects that were completed. There was in person interview with two managers at the same time to discuss projects worked on that would show how you could do the job being interviewed for.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. Was initially contacted by a recruiter who set me up with a phone screen. After the phone screen, they wanted to set up a full day of interviews where I interviewed with five people plus complete a case study. They rescheduled the interview day five different times in the same week and I started to feel jerked around and that my time wasn't valuable to them. Then the morning of the interview as I am walking out the door at 7:30am to drive to Directv, the recruiter calls me to tell me that one of the people I'm supposed to interview with is now unavailable and they want me to come in at 10:00am now. I almost told the recruiter I was no longer interested in the position, since they clearly did not have the organizational capabilities to schedule a simple interview. However, I ended up going in and only meeting with three people and not doing the case study. They also did not have a job description for the role I was interviewing for. When I asked what the role entailed and what my responsibilities would be, they were extremely vague and couldn't give me a straight answer. You're a Fortune 500 company...how do you not have a job description or know what the role entails? They also told me that my position could be affected by the AT&T acquisition and the role may become obsolete. WHY ARE YOU EVEN INTERVIEWING FOR THE POSITION THEN? I wasn't offered the role, but even if I was, I would have declined. They need to clean up their act.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ambiguous situation you've been in and how you dealt with it. If you need to get the CEO's attention, how do you do that if you have a priority that needs to get accomplished? What are your three greatest strengths and three greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

10 minutes phone interview asking about my background and experiences.
    30 minutes asking about things on my resume. How I would deal with situations. They wanted to know my skill set, personality, background, capability, and interests.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick and straight-forward. I applied directly on the corporate website, and within a week I had completed the initial phone screening as well as the first in-person interview. A few days later, I went through a final interview and received the informal "congratulations" phone call before I made it home. A few days afterwards, I received the formal job offer from HR and the rest is history. All told, from application to formal job offer, the process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Some fairly standard technical Analyst questions. Excel questions ranged from basic (What is a VLOOKUP?) to advanced (Write a VBA Sub that saves only certain worksheets to a new workbook). Also some fairly standard SQL questions, ranging from basic (How do you find the column names in a table? What are some different join types?) to medium (Explain the difference between a temp table and a table variable?). Stat questions were confined to mostly definitions (Describe your understanding of Mean, Standard Deviation, what is R-squared, what is a p-value, etc).   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, hiring manager and team members and then another 1:1 with hiring manager during a second interview. Each interview was about half an hour each. Got to tour the work location and office spaces.

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic interview. Want to see if you can think and that you can talk about your resume. Questions are not that difficult just be able to explain your past employment and projects

Customer Experience Specialist (LifeShield) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV (Langhorne, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through staffing agency AND directly to Directv (LifeShield) after Directv failed to respond to the staffing agency.

Two phone interviews and one in person interview with Directv. I was told I would hear back "as soon as possible" but never heard back, even after sending multiple follow ups. Then, weeks later, got an email that they were "continuing their search" for someone with the experience they were looking for (mind you I have 2 1/2 years call center customer support experience ...)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer call?   1 Answer