DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.6

Satellite Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Easy Interview. After driving an hour and back four times and given the employment offer, they told me I was overweight 9 pounds. Was tild I can reapply anytime but I think this is a sign to wait for another opportunity, IE the Military job in waiting status.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever installed in a harsh weather environment?   View Answer

Broadcast Operations Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in March 2015.

A lot of behavioral questions and some technical ones that didn't involve coding. Three people interviewed me together through a video conference. The interviewers took turn asking me questions about my experience in school and what kind of projects I was involved in. They were really friendly and the interview was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was involved.

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2013.

They will ask questions about different scenarios in an office environment. Name technical scenario and how you would go about fixing it. Questions on customer service skills. Questions on prior experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to do something technical.   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2014.

Talked to a recruiter at my campus job fair. Got an automated email from HR a month after to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted half an hour and was mostly behavioral, with two simple technical questions. At the end of the interview I was told that they'd schedule me another technical interview sometime in the next week, but I never heard back. I emailed them multiple times and they never responded. 2 months later I got an automated email saying that I've been rejected/they're looking for other candidates. The fact that they promised me an interview and backed out on it made this overall a negative experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

I applied online. The next day I got called to schedule a phone interview. I completed the phone interview a few days later. Then they asked me to come to do a in-person interview. I came to the front desk and told them I was there for an interview. Waited a few minutes. There were two people interviewing me. They were nice and very welcoming. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is you biggest accomplishment?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What have to done to calm down an angry customer?

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in February 2015.

Did a pretest job screen drug screen went over some benefits saw a tour of the facility. Describe d certain areas of the floor. lady was friendly. Showed break room smoke area filled out all digital w2 I 9. I was Fairly easy. I enjoyed getting started. Did a lot of driving back and forth to please dtv pre employment qualifications.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in February 2015.

Very simplistic process with the usual questions. Can you run through your resume for me? Why do you feel like you are a good fit for this position? Why DIRECTV? Engaging recruiter and overall a great experience.

Planning Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV in February 2015.

The interview overall took 40 minutes. First, they asked me about my past experience and specific details of some stuff I have in my resume. I was kind of a explanation of my resume. After that, the asked me my point of view of the position what do I think would be necessary for that position and my level of excel skills.

Java Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV.

I submitted my resume through a job searching website. they then replied to my email regarding the position and the time would I be available for a phone interview. After the phone interview, they said that if I pass, they will email me an invitation to go to a face to face interview with them.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my experience in java and other technologies. They also asked me about OOP and some definitions like difference between abstract and interface. Some non-technical questions were also asked.   Answer Question

Revenue Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in September 2014.

Initial communication revolved an email and then phone interview with a HR representative. The phone interview lasted between 20 and 30 minutes.
    If you do well you go in for an in person interview.