DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Saltelite Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Applied for position online and was called the very next day and asked to do a phone interview. Afterwards was scheduled for a 1 on 1 interview the following week. The interview was very laid back and casual. Overall it was a quick and easy interview. A lady called me 10 minutes after I left and told me they wanted to offer the position and I accepted. Then she told me to be on the lookout for an email with directions for drug screening and etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years. What about direct tv attracts you Tell me about yourself Asked if I had any questions for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good offer , piece rate so really no negotiating

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by in person interview with HM and direct superior. Process takes about 3 weeks. Plan on a minimum of 1 week for every person who interacts with your req.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview opportunity one or two weeks later. And it was on the phone with the recruiter. The process went well. Some questions were asked based on my resume and other questions were all management skill testing. The overall process went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of the most difficult tasks you encountered and how did you completed it in a short time   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Process was easy, basically just getting to know you and getting a feel for your motivation. Also wanting to know how you take "no" as an answer due to most customers denying the product.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

It was okay. But communication dropped out of the blue. I received a call from a recruiter one day, had a relatively positive phone conversation with them, and was even told that they would follow up with me for another interview. But I never got a call back. If they didn't want to keep pursuing me, they should have at least politely let me know instead of leaving me hanging.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DIRECTV in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and in-person for one whole day. Mostly 1 on 1 interviews with one 4-5 people panel interview for my peer group. The Director and VP levels were very much conversational interviews and not that many questions. Had a follow-on phone calls with the recruiter. Offer took about 2 - 3 weeks

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Fairly smooth but the EVP was a jerk. I was approached by a recruiter via phone and email. The recruiter was a third party sourcing group. After the intro interview call, which was standard, i had a phone interview with the inhouse recruiter. That then led to an In person with hiring manager. Then full day of in person interviews with leadership team as well as potential direct reports. Wrapped up with last minute interview with EVP.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite app?   1 Answer
    • What is product management?   1 Answer

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Redding, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, promising $70k in the first year, sold the job hook line and sinker. Impossible to hit that goal. Very friendly offering a good salary, but failed to explain that pay was based on piece rate and that new hires were given lower paying installs.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make ?   1 Answer

Production Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Your contracting company sets up an in person interview. Sometimes this is early in the morning. You bring your portfolio and speak to members of the team you're planning on working with, managers, then senior employees. This is a long interview process because you have to meet and speak to everyone. Coming prepared with portfolio samples, print outs, and hand outs is best.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was done with a recruiter after the company agrees to take you on. This was done by phone.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Email screen, then phone interview, same redundant questions that have no relevance to the position or your abilities. it was a dry interview the place seems very structured and not what I would be used too

Interview Questions

• Why have you been a temp for so long?   1 Answer