DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.6

Satellite Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

They called me which turned into a phone interview and if you pass that you will be given a date which you will go and have a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of "tell me when this happened and how did you handle it" type questions.   Answer Question
    Great company, great offer, no need to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

After intensive online interview I was called for a phone interview after making a good impression they brought me in for a face to face interview. In the face to face interview I was asked about career goals and why the company and I would be a good fit. After I was offered the job they did normal background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations happened but schedule selection does affect overall pay.

Ddg Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at DIRECTV.

The interview was performed by 3 managers. They each asked a series of questions, mainly "what would you do in this situation?" and "What are your strengths and weaknesses" type questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating. The starting wage is what it is.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in December 2014.

Recieved a phone call a couple of days after submitting the online application, did a phone interview, and then an in person interview with a coach. A few days later I was offered a position "pending a background check and UA" completed all of those things and then received an email welcoming me to the Directv family

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult quesiton was to "sell" a service to my interviewer   Answer Question
    No negotiations, very fairly offered pay and incentives

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in December 2014.

Apply online. Once you do this someone will call you to set up a phone interview. If you do good on the phone interview, then you have a face to face interview. They are super nice and give you a tour of the faculty and tell you about the benefits and all of that good stuff. They will then call you in about three days to tell you if you got the job or not then they send you a offer letter. If you get the job they require a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions
    • There is a lot of tricky questions. I cant think of any of the top of my head now.   Answer Question
    They just offered me a good start pay. I didnt object to it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

It was very brief, waited for about 5 minutes in the lobby. Two interviewers, trading off questions. Situational based questions, how do you react to certain situations etc. very nice people, didn't take the job but only because I received better offer. I would have been fine accepting the position.

Interview Questions
    • give me an example of a time where a client was upset with you, how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV.

The process was very informal, uncomfortable and rash. The individual interviewing me did not appear professional and seemed irritated at having to interview anyone. I did not get a good impression off the individual interviewing me or the description of the job

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked if I had an SUV and was told I had to supply my own 24-foot extension ladder   Answer Question

I did not have a good feeling about the position ever since the interview

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2014.

Interviewed by Senior Software Engineer, mainly behavioral questions: How do you work in a team? Why DIRECTV? Talk about your projects. etc. Interview was around 30 min. Second interview will be more oriented to where you would fit.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in November 2014.

I had a brief phone call to set up an interview. She asked about my job history 10+ years. I have been working for a call center for a year now, and prior to that retail management for 3 years. I am also a full time student, and I was not offered the job. I have nothing that would have hindered me from getting this job. They hired several people from my current job that are very young with little to no work experience making more than I currently make.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted every detail of my job history from 10+ years ago.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my campus job fair. Got an automated email from HR a month after to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted half an hour and was mostly behavioral, with two simple technical questions. At the end of the interview I was told that they'd schedule me another technical interview sometime in the next week, but I never heard back. I emailed them multiple times and they never responded. 2 months later I got an automated email saying that I've been rejected/they're looking for other candidates. The fact that they promised me an interview and backed out on it made this overall a negative experience.