DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

Easy Interview. After driving an hour and back four times and given the employment offer, they told me I was overweight 9 pounds. Was tild I can reapply anytime but I think this is a sign to wait for another opportunity, IE the Military job in waiting status.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever installed in a harsh weather environment?   1 Answer

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First I did a phone interview. They will call or email...but called me only. It helped that I had Caller ID. I was able to call back and follow-up. I was asked the usual about experience and scenarios. Just be truthful and honest. Be upbeat and ready to answer. Next came the manager interview; same type questions. Smile and greet everyone in the office is key. Be outgoing. I was offered a position and things needed. Drug Test, Physical, and background. Keep in contact...you will get an official notice in a email.

Interview Questions

• How to handle an irate customer?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Fille out online app then it a call the next day to set up phone interview. Not sure if I did well because she didn't ask to set up a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when u have outstanding customer service   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview opportunity one or two weeks later. And it was on the phone with the recruiter. The process went well. Some questions were asked based on my resume and other questions were all management skill testing. The overall process went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of the most difficult tasks you encountered and how did you completed it in a short time   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I got called to schedule a phone interview. I completed the phone interview a few days later. Then they asked me to come to do a in-person interview. I came to the front desk and told them I was there for an interview. Waited a few minutes. There were two people interviewing me. They were nice and very welcoming. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest accomplishment? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What have to done to calm down an angry customer?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a phone call with the internal recruiter to review the job description and discuss the level of experience and technical experience. A technical phone interview to discuss projects that were completed. There was in person interview with two managers at the same time to discuss projects worked on that would show how you could do the job being interviewed for.

Broadcast Operations Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions and some technical ones that didn't involve coding. Three people interviewed me together through a video conference. The interviewers took turn asking me questions about my experience in school and what kind of projects I was involved in. They were really friendly and the interview was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was involved.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Process was easy, basically just getting to know you and getting a feel for your motivation. Also wanting to know how you take "no" as an answer due to most customers denying the product.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I had to do a skills test online. I was called about two days later to set up a phone interview. I was scheduled for a person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a job searching website. they then replied to my email regarding the position and the time would I be available for a phone interview. After the phone interview, they said that if I pass, they will email me an invitation to go to a face to face interview with them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience in java and other technologies. They also asked me about OOP and some definitions like difference between abstract and interface. Some non-technical questions were also asked.   Answer Question