DIRECTV

Average Difficulty
179 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Missoula, MT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a phone interview, but ended up skipping that process due to being interviewed for an internship with DIRECTV as well. I wasn't offered the internship so I went back and interviewed for the CSR position. It was a pretty long interview, probably about 45 minutes. She asked me what I liked to do, how I would handle rude customers, and did some scenario type questions. It was a pretty standard 1-1 interview and I was offered a position at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – Some of the scenarios were difficult. You need to make sure that you solve the problem at hand while keeping the customer happy and not upsetting or embarrassing them since you are dealing with their billing information.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. She went over benefits, pay, and schedule.

Very Easy Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in July 2012.

Interview Details – you have pass the test and dress well to interview and you pretty much have the job

Interview Question – there was non it was easy   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – Had a friend who was a previous intern refer me fairly late in the semester. Received a phone interview a week later. Was told resume looked good and talked about computer science and experience. Offered the internship next day.

Interview Question – I was not asked any technical questions. Interviewer expressed concern that I didn't have a background in databases and networking   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was sent a contract. Did not try negotiating.

Dispatcher/Technician Router Interview

Dispatcher/Technician Router
Hesperia, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a Supervisor and a Lead Dispatcher. They were very nice and the interview process was typical. They asked questions, said they would let me know, called later that day and sent me for drug testing and I started the following week.

Interview Question – It was so long ago, I dont remember any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started everyone at the same pay. It wasnt as much as I hoped but I moved up quickly and raises were very generous.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Interview consisted of questions about past internships/projects, where I wanted my career to be in 10 years, etc.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult technical questions   Answer Question

Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2012.

Interview Details – When I initially applied to Directv, I went onto their website and filled out and application and attached my resume. within 24 hours I received a call from an HR representative and we had a phone interview. At the end of the interview we set up an appointment to interview in person. At the end of the interview they offered me the position and said they would call me within a couple of days to determine starting pay. Once they called, I set up a final appointment with HR to go in to sign my contract. That appointment was where I met about half of my new hire class since we all signed the contracts at the same time after hearing a speech about the company from the HR manager.

Interview Question – The questions they ask are pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said that since I had many years of experience they would start me out a couple dollars higher than where they normally start new employees which is $10.61 per hour.

Very Easy Interview

Field Technician Interview

Field Technician
Lynnwood, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2014.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair, then did an online resume and test, 4 days later i did an over the phone interview, then an in person interview the next Monday. I was offered the job and accepted it that day. I am now in training.

Interview Question – it was all pretty softball. just be your self, everyone was really nice and really cool.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pre set new hires are at $15 an hour to start

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Digital Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – Got lead from staffing agency. Had phone interview with hiring manager. Company rejected application based upon factors that did NOT come up during interview. Hiring manager seem inexperienced in the field but talked about a lot of current buzzwords in the trade. Hiring manager also seemed to be grasping for straws as far as what he was looking for. Hiring manager took weeks to give feedback to staffing agency.

Interview Question – It was difficult to figure out what the hiring manager was looking for and/or wanted. We went from one topic of the next with seemingly little organization or structure. I asked the interviewer several questions which he refused to answer.   View Answer

Field Operations Supervisor Interview

Field Operations Supervisor
Manteca, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DIRECTV in June 2013.

Interview Details – On- line application, followed by HR talent acquisition screening, candidates will me schedule for a live interview at the site with site manager, HR partner and field supervisor or RDO.
Interview is mainly focus on past work achievements and a plan to improve metrics for DIRECTV.

Interview Question – List your 3 weakness and how can you improve them.   View Answer

IT Administrative Interview

IT Administrative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in February 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out online application around 2/5/2013. Was contacted by HR on 2/7 to schedule meeting with hiring manager. Had phone interview on 2/13, was cut short because manager got everything they wanted out of me and wanted to meet in person. Had onsite in person with local and teleconference team on 2/21, it was reschedule twice, but during the same day In person interview with team went well, spoke with manager again in separate room after meeting so the team could talk alone Was contacted by hiring manager on 2/22 to get references. Stayed in very close contact with the hiring manager and HR for updates and feedback. Talked with recruiter on 3/12 to put offer together. HR was a little difficult to get on the phone but it happened. Offer was a little delayed as key signatures needed where out of the Office, but still manger and HR stayed in contact a lot to keep me updated. Offer finalized on 3/18.

Interview Question – Tell us about your mistakes.   View Answer