DIRECTV

Relevance Date Difficulty

Content Strategist Interview

Content Strategist
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews with 3 different people. Nothing out of the ordinary or difficult. They do like to trick you into believing you have a future here.

Interview Question – What project management issues have you faced?   Answer Question

Installer Interview

Installer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted 2 days later via email to set up a time for a phone interview.

Phone interview lasted between 30 and 45 minutes. Questions included; why are you interested in this position, what are your strengths, why did you leave your last job, how much did you make, how much do you expect to make at DirecTV.

Interview Question – I was not offered a 1:1 interview as I was not a local candidate.   Answer Question

Satellite Install Technician Level I Interview

Satellite Install Technician Level I
San Leandro, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – I responded to a job posting on the online state job board. The job description linked to an online assessment web training module that was well-produced for clarity of instructions, interactivity, and general enough in terms of using industry specifics that an accurate aptitude assessment sample could be taken from candidates without previous experience in the field.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be well-suited for this job?   View Answer

Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

Talent Acquisition Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – For a relatively entry level position, I had 5 different interviews. It went all the way up to the VP of the division...it was as if he didn't trust the people he had already hired to build their own teams.

Negotiation Details – When I first tried to negotiate I was told I should be happy since the offer was more than I was making at my previous job. Once I pointed out I had more experience then they were giving me credit for they were willing to negotiate.

Install Technician Interview

Install Technician
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call to come in for the interview. Miss leading on you make money no set standard.

Interview Question – Just technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Horrible, they did not explain anything very well. The pay system is messed up and does not make sense for the technicians that do things correctly. That is not how you make money its per job which means cutting corners to make more money.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had pre-screening phone interview that went very well. The recruiter said the leadership team was excited to meet me. I went in for the face to face interview. They were about 30 minutes late taking me from the lobby to another waiting area. In the second waiting area I waited another 10 to 15 minutes while the panel was in the conference room belittling and ridiculing my resume (I think they should have picked a conference room that was sound proof). By the way, my resume was written by a technical writer so I really don't know why they did that. It was so unprofessional that I felt like walking out right then and there. I should have..... because I walked into that room feeling like the size of a peanut. One of the HR personal continued to question my resume to death. This was them being excited about meeting me??? It felt like a hostile work environment. I ended up writing one of the Directv executives with this feedback and never heard back so apparently they DON'T CARE how they treat people. I am really glad that I am not a customer.

Interview Question – They asked my why I left a job over 20 years ago. REALLY?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Missoula, MT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on-line takes about an hour, make sure you have time. You take a test consisting of multi-tasking, answering several questions while watching a timer and making changes to information given. Once complete they will call you to set up a phone interview, from there you will get a 1 on 1 interview. Once hired you will have to do allot of paper work consisting of a back round check and then a drug test. You will get a start date for when you will start training.

Interview Question – very easy interview, need good attitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none, you start out with regular salary

Field Technician Interview

Field Technician
Ronkonkoma, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

Interview Details – August 15th I applied online for the Field Technician I position at Direct TV. I received a phone call a few days later and was asked to come in for a small group interview, this was followed by an e-mail with further details such as the interview coordinators name - Northeast Regional Recruiter, Travis LaDuke.

I arrived 15 minutes early on August 29th for my interview and sat in a meeting room with one other candidate with one other supervisor in the room who asked us both a few brief questions such as "Why were we interested in the position?" after sitting for a few minutes we went in individually to meet one on one with Mr. LaDuke. He was very pleasant and asked me about my history, why I was Interested, what skills I had that would lend themselves to the position etc.

After about 10 - 15 minutes he explained what salary was and the benefits included and when they would kick in if I received the position, and with that we shook hands and I left.

Interview Question – I really can't say anything was unexpected or out of the ordinary seeing as how this was my first interview in quite some time.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – Very straightforward process. I applied, got a call a few weeks later and set up a phone interview. The recruiter was cordial and professional. She asked some difficult questions. I honestly felt I could have done much better, but I'm not one to make excuses. If I could do it again, I would have paid more attention to the exact words I used on me resume.

Interview Question – Would you lie to protect the company you work for?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Boise, ID

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Interview Details – Quick, not much was asked. Easy. Lame job, but I'll do it.

Negotiation Details – none