DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV in December 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Once you do this someone will call you to set up a phone interview. If you do good on the phone interview, then you have a face to face interview. They are super nice and give you a tour of the faculty and tell you about the benefits and all of that good stuff. They will then call you in about three days to tell you if you got the job or not then they send you a offer letter. If you get the job they require a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions

• There is a lot of tricky questions. I cant think of any of the top of my head now.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just offered me a good start pay. I didnt object to it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DIRECTV in December 2014.

Interview

Recieved a phone call a couple of days after submitting the online application, did a phone interview, and then an in person interview with a coach. A few days later I was offered a position "pending a background check and UA" completed all of those things and then received an email welcoming me to the Directv family

Interview Questions

• Most difficult quesiton was to "sell" a service to my interviewer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, very fairly offered pay and incentives

Interview

It was very brief, waited for about 5 minutes in the lobby. Two interviewers, trading off questions. Situational based questions, how do you react to certain situations etc. very nice people, didn't take the job but only because I received better offer. I would have been fine accepting the position.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of a time where a client was upset with you, how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

The process was very informal, uncomfortable and rash. The individual interviewing me did not appear professional and seemed irritated at having to interview anyone. I did not get a good impression off the individual interviewing me or the description of the job

Interview Questions

• I was only asked if I had an SUV and was told I had to supply my own 24-foot extension ladder   Answer Question

I did not have a good feeling about the position ever since the interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my campus job fair. Got an automated email from HR a month after to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted half an hour and was mostly behavioral, with two simple technical questions. At the end of the interview I was told that they'd schedule me another technical interview sometime in the next week, but I never heard back. I emailed them multiple times and they never responded. 2 months later I got an automated email saying that I've been rejected/they're looking for other candidates. The fact that they promised me an interview and backed out on it made this overall a negative experience.

Application

Interview

Interviewed by Senior Software Engineer, mainly behavioral questions: How do you work in a team? Why DIRECTV? Talk about your projects. etc. Interview was around 30 min. Second interview will be more oriented to where you would fit.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DIRECTV (Boise, ID) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a brief phone call to set up an interview. She asked about my job history 10+ years. I have been working for a call center for a year now, and prior to that retail management for 3 years. I am also a full time student, and I was not offered the job. I have nothing that would have hindered me from getting this job. They hired several people from my current job that are very young with little to no work experience making more than I currently make.

Interview Questions

• Wanted every detail of my job history from 10+ years ago.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

A staffing agency interviewed me and setup a 30 minute phone interview with DirecTV. After my phone interview, I was brought in for an onsite interview. I was told to set aside 3 hours for my onsite interview and it took approximately 2 hours to answer questions from 3 different team members. I thought I was going to be bombarded with questions, but I believe the interview process was also making sure I wanted to fit in the culture of the team as well, which made for a refreshing interview environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to draw a house on the whiteboard.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview

First interview was non technical, they wanted to know about you as a person and how you would solve problems that occur in a team. second one was only technical, I talked to IOS developper and an Android developer. Both interviews were through Skype.

Interview Questions

• Specific details about everything on your resume even if it was done a few years ago   Answer Question

Senior Principal Analyst Interview

Interview

Ad hoc , depend on department. You will meet with multiple directors and some architects. Architects have different backgrounds and have different questions for you. Not very technical though only ask common high level questions.