DIRECTV Interview Questions

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in November 2013.

Applied on-line takes about an hour, make sure you have time. You take a test consisting of multi-tasking, answering several questions while watching a timer and making changes to information given. Once complete they will call you to set up a phone interview, from there you will get a 1 on 1 interview. Once hired you will have to do allot of paper work consisting of a back round check and then a drug test. You will get a start date for when you will start training.

Interview Questions
    There is none, you start out with regular salary

Web Content Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in October 2013.

The entire process from submission of resume to hiring took approximately 1 month, and included three interviews, a background check, and a pre-emplolyment drug screening.

The first interview was a 1 hour phone interview with an HR representative. After that, I had a second phone interview with the department director which also lasted approximately 1 hour.

The last step was an onsite meeting with the team supervisor and two senior members of the group, lasting about 2.5 hours.

My offer was tendered within a week of the final interview.

Overall the process was very relaxed, and the people with whom I spoke very enthusiastic, open, and direct. There were no bizarre questions or tests and nothing that would lead me to believe that the company or the team was dysfunctional in any way.

Interview Questions
    • Perhaps the most difficult part of the interview process was addressing questions pertaining to qualifications or experience I lacked. However, there were no landmines or traps, and nothing asked that was unexpected, irrelevant, or posed any sort of dilemma. The questions were straightforward and seemed designed to obtain information on experience and whether I would be a "fit" for the overall team.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was comfortable and professional. After the initial offer I replied with a counter-proposal and we reached a compromise that was fair for everyone.

Field Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Know how to run wire in homes

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

A total of 5 interviews ensued (which is crazy for this level of position). Call Screen, Level 1 Manager interview, Level 2 Manager interview, Call Center Manager Interview, Peer interview. The HR person I was dealing with, although pleasant, had to be constantly chased down to get information as to if I was moving forward and what they would look like.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to generate and execute a training activity on the fly. This was not difficult but was only given 10 minutes to come up with something.   View Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

I had pre-screening phone interview that went very well. The recruiter said the leadership team was excited to meet me. I went in for the face to face interview. They were about 30 minutes late taking me from the lobby to another waiting area. In the second waiting area I waited another 10 to 15 minutes while the panel was in the conference room belittling and ridiculing my resume (I think they should have picked a conference room that was sound proof). By the way, my resume was written by a technical writer so I really don't know why they did that. It was so unprofessional that I felt like walking out right then and there. I should have..... because I walked into that room feeling like the size of a peanut. One of the HR personal continued to question my resume to death. This was them being excited about meeting me??? It felt like a hostile work environment. I ended up writing one of the Directv executives with this feedback and never heard back so apparently they DON'T CARE how they treat people. I am really glad that I am not a customer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked my why I left a job over 20 years ago. REALLY?   Answer Question

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

Phone call to come in for the interview. Miss leading on you make money no set standard.

Interview Questions
    Horrible, they did not explain anything very well. The pay system is messed up and does not make sense for the technicians that do things correctly. That is not how you make money its per job which means cutting corners to make more money.

Executive Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

Very poor recruiting process. Was specifically recruited by DIRECTV for this job and never had the courtesy of an email or phone response despite repeated follow-ups. DIRECTV does not "get" that applicants are also customers. Recruiters need to be held accountable, especially when the applicant can clearly perform against all standards. I've switched from DIRECTV for this reason.

Interview Questions
    • Could not even get a response from their recruiter. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Sales and Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Recruiter interview for 15 minutes, followed by hiring manager iterview for 30 minutes. Week later 60 monute interview with hiring manager. Then asked questions in another interview regarding their sales tactics and systems. I have 15 years of sales experience, so my assumption is that they would train be on their product.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever sold anything for a telecommunication company before?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Scheduled onsite meeting with HR and meet group in person a week later

Interview Questions
    • They only asked basic algorithm questions. But, the group used Java, they asked a lot of concepts.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

I put in an application online and was called back in 2 weeks for a phone interview and scheduled for a 1:1 interview for the next day and in 3 days I was notified that I got the job.