DIRECTV

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Boise, ID

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Interview Details – Quick, not much was asked. Easy. Lame job, but I'll do it.

Negotiation Details – none

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very smooth. Interviewed with manager and then a series of Engineers.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. They stuck with detailed technical questions about my past experience. Very professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They made a reasonable offer and I accepted. I don't like playing the negotiation game.

Very Difficult Interview

Executive Compensation Manager Interview

Executive Compensation Manager
El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very poor recruiting process. Was specifically recruited by DIRECTV for this job and never had the courtesy of an email or phone response despite repeated follow-ups. DIRECTV does not "get" that applicants are also customers. Recruiters need to be held accountable, especially when the applicant can clearly perform against all standards. I've switched from DIRECTV for this reason.

Interview Question – Could not even get a response from their recruiter. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Field Technician
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2010.

Interview Details – Have to apply online. When you do apply online DIRECTV has a virtual interview, which isn't to bad, but will take about a hour. If you know a technician and they are willing to put in a word for you it is easier. Experience helps a lot but is not needed.

Interview Question – There is not any surprises here its pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – DIRECTV has a Guaranteed base rate. After training and a few months in the field you should surpass this rate. If you do not you should reconsider your employment. DIRECTV will allow retraining if your struggling.

Web Content Producer Interview

Web Content Producer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2013.

Interview Details – The entire process from submission of resume to hiring took approximately 1 month, and included three interviews, a background check, and a pre-emplolyment drug screening.

The first interview was a 1 hour phone interview with an HR representative. After that, I had a second phone interview with the department director which also lasted approximately 1 hour.

The last step was an onsite meeting with the team supervisor and two senior members of the group, lasting about 2.5 hours.

My offer was tendered within a week of the final interview.

Overall the process was very relaxed, and the people with whom I spoke very enthusiastic, open, and direct. There were no bizarre questions or tests and nothing that would lead me to believe that the company or the team was dysfunctional in any way.

Interview Question – Perhaps the most difficult part of the interview process was addressing questions pertaining to qualifications or experience I lacked. However, there were no landmines or traps, and nothing asked that was unexpected, irrelevant, or posed any sort of dilemma. The questions were straightforward and seemed designed to obtain information on experience and whether I would be a "fit" for the overall team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was comfortable and professional. After the initial offer I replied with a counter-proposal and we reached a compromise that was fair for everyone.

Intern Interview

Intern
El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – There were a group interview with three people. The questions were not very difficult. There were no technical questions. They asked mostly about the stuff on my resume. They seemed to be not very serious. In the end, they asked some random questions to see how I though, questions such as list all the possible uses of a paper clip that you can think of. They never replied emails afterwards, nit even at least bother to tell you that you did not get the offer. Company structure is not clear.

Data Architect Interview

Data Architect
El Segundo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college job portal. Received a call from IT Director within a week for the interview. Interview went for around 30 mins. In general resume walkthrough and some basic questions about Data Modeling and SDLC.

Interview Question – Explain the difference between MS Visio and IBM Rational Modeler (formerly called Rational Rose) ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I was being asked to relocate, I asked for a relocation compensation and recieved a generous one!

Very Easy Interview

Aggent Interview

Aggent
Roy, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

Interview Details – interviwew was good i got hires on the spot but unfortaaintly lost m]y ]job due to the favt the project i was wolrking on clesded fown and the only jhours the a]jave availaible to work was @ night time 2pm-22om

Interview Question – nterviwew was good i got hires on the spot but unfortaaintly lost m]y ]job due to the favt the project i was wolrking on clesded fown and the only jhours the a]jave availaible to work was @ night time 2pm-22om   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Huntington, WV

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2010.

Interview Details – Not hard, if you've had previous call center experience, you're set.

Negotiation Details – It's a call center, you get what you get.

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

Interview Details – A total of 5 interviews ensued (which is crazy for this level of position). Call Screen, Level 1 Manager interview, Level 2 Manager interview, Call Center Manager Interview, Peer interview. The HR person I was dealing with, although pleasant, had to be constantly chased down to get information as to if I was moving forward and what they would look like.

Interview Question – Asked to generate and execute a training activity on the fly. This was not difficult but was only given 10 minutes to come up with something.   View Answer