DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.6

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DIRECTV (Concord, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Amateur, superficial and arrogant interviewer.eally none, just a very cheesy presentation in a run down environment. Could not believe such a large corporation was presented this way under Forte Communications.

Interview Questions

• Really none, just a very cheesy presentation in a run down environment. Could not believe such a large corporation was presented this way under Forte Communications.   Answer Question

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

The application process itself was more in-depth than what I have previously experienced. There were a lot of actual job scenarios and timed content to get through. The first interview was a scheduled phone interview. It was nice to have a couple days to prepare instead of just a random phone call and on the spot interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to a face to face interview a couple days later. At the beginning of that, they take you on a tour of the facility and ask you a few questions during that process. This was a new and different experience than what I have previously had at other companies. At the end of the tour, I was asked the "normal" interview questions and was then given the run down on benefits, shift schedules, etc. The whole process was much more thorough than any other interview I've had.

Interview Questions

• I did a lot of research on DirecTV and interview questions prior to the interviews so I was pretty prepared for all of the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiations I did were about the work schedule and not wanting to work overnight. I was able to get a schedule that works well with my home life also.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Very quick hiring process. I received a phone call within 72 hours of submitting my application. One face to face interview with the position being offered at the end of the interview. Typical entry level interview questions. Human Resources rep does a great job laying out the specifics for the position and what is expected of you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about position. I sent her my resume and she said one of the copywriters would like to have a phone interview. The phone interview was about a half hour. Person hiring me was friendly. Very interested in my experiences in my current company, and also interested in my experience with promoting a product or service through multiple stages of a promotion.

Interview Questions

• A little unexpected: If I revised as I wrote, or wrote a bunch and revised later.   1 Answer

Revenue Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial communication revolved an email and then phone interview with a HR representative. The phone interview lasted between 20 and 30 minutes. If you do well you go in for an in person interview.

Technical Support- DIRECTV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Average interview. Recieved a phone call the day after I filled out my application and had a brief phone interview. Basically the phone interview verified the information on my application then asked for explanations from the answers I gabr on the personality test taken while filling out the application. Had an in person interview the next dag, I was given a tour of the call center, then taken back to HR for the actual interview. Pretty standard questions such as "tell me about a time you had an upset customer and how did you handle it." Was offeres the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult coworker   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (Tulsa, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

I received an email 2 days after I applied for a phone interview and then got my face to face interview the next day. I got a tour of the building and where everything was and was offered a job at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was simple, no negotiation needed, they made me a great offer.

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

HR Recruiter hard to get ahold of. Contacted me one week and i had to called 3-5 times a day for a week or so to get in touch with her. But after, Positive and outgoing interviewers. A pleasant and uplifting experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you face and overcame ambiguity   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I have given interview for a contract position. Questions asked are: First round and second round(telephonic)- Q. how to check processes status -ps or ps -f Q how to copy file to remote system -scp(for secure shell connection) and rcp(for remote host) Q How do you find last modified file? - ls -ltr| head -1 Q How to find file which has not been modified in last three days? Q.About Vi editor - Q If you type your URL and page shows error what would you do? -check internet connection -check whether server is up or not Qhow do you write script in unix/linux - i said i will use shebang construct #! /bin/bash then write my commands insequence of execution and function and conditions, then save using .sh extension Q Difference between inner join and outer join -QWhat are web services? -Qdiff between soap and Rest and when would you which one Q What do you test in web services? .Qwhat is SOA? .Qdifference between delete,drop and truncate . Qdiff bet casting and multicasting .QExplain your role in your last project and environment . Qdiff between test plan and test case -QTest exit criteria . Qvideo files Face-to-face interview 4 leads each for half n hr and one test -commom questions would be -tell me abut yourself -to explain your projects -web services diff between rest , soap and soa -waterfall, agile and v model -they will ask you to write sql queries -how to find 3 days old file using unix/linux command(ask to write on paper) -multicasting and casting 4th Lead -has asked general questions -wud you be comfortable joining a broadcasting company - 3 quizz -one 7 balls -6 same weight and one heavy -bucket 3 gallon and 5 gallon -three box apple only, orange only and third box apple and orange both - Test(-40-45 mins) many ques on unix and linux command -how to run a shell script -how to stop a shell script -cron -ls -grep -list commands u know -sql query ques -list sql commands u know -find error in xml using its xsd(xml schema definition) -find bugs in a service response -write 10 test case for a given scenarios -2 brain teasors -one was u have 7 balls , 6 same weight and 1 diff weight(heavier) and a beam balance how would you find the heavy ball in least steps(generally they ask for 2) - other one has four squares and 4 numbers in each squares and depending on the relation bet numbers in other squares u have to find missing number

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Palms, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV (Thousand Palms, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial interview went great and I felt I had a good chance at the position... I completed the drug test and was then contacted to do a physical test well the day of the physical test I was contacted by the backgrounds investigator for some information he ask that I fax over some paperwork regarding the issue on hand so I did and then I completed the physical test... the next day I was contacted again and was informed that I was ineligible for the position... So I went through the entire process and spent money on faxing papers when the whole time he could have advised me of that before I continued on to the physical and not have to fax any paperwork...A complete waste of time and I did not receive any form of reimbursement on my money spent on faxes by his request.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a upset customer?   1 Answer