DIRECTV Interview Questions

2.6

Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Applied online. Was contacted 2 days later via email to set up a time for a phone interview.

Phone interview lasted between 30 and 45 minutes. Questions included; why are you interested in this position, what are your strengths, why did you leave your last job, how much did you make, how much do you expect to make at DirecTV.

Interview Questions
    • I was not offered a 1:1 interview as I was not a local candidate.   Answer Question

Satellite Install Technician Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

I responded to a job posting on the online state job board. The job description linked to an online assessment web training module that was well-produced for clarity of instructions, interactivity, and general enough in terms of using industry specifics that an accurate aptitude assessment sample could be taken from candidates without previous experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be well-suited for this job?   View Answer

Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DIRECTV.

For a relatively entry level position, I had 5 different interviews. It went all the way up to the VP of the division...it was as if he didn't trust the people he had already hired to build their own teams.

When I first tried to negotiate I was told I should be happy since the offer was more than I was making at my previous job. Once I pointed out I had more experience then they were giving me credit for they were willing to negotiate.

Install Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

Phone call to come in for the interview. Miss leading on you make money no set standard.

Interview Questions
    Horrible, they did not explain anything very well. The pay system is messed up and does not make sense for the technicians that do things correctly. That is not how you make money its per job which means cutting corners to make more money.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

I had pre-screening phone interview that went very well. The recruiter said the leadership team was excited to meet me. I went in for the face to face interview. They were about 30 minutes late taking me from the lobby to another waiting area. In the second waiting area I waited another 10 to 15 minutes while the panel was in the conference room belittling and ridiculing my resume (I think they should have picked a conference room that was sound proof). By the way, my resume was written by a technical writer so I really don't know why they did that. It was so unprofessional that I felt like walking out right then and there. I should have..... because I walked into that room feeling like the size of a peanut. One of the HR personal continued to question my resume to death. This was them being excited about meeting me??? It felt like a hostile work environment. I ended up writing one of the Directv executives with this feedback and never heard back so apparently they DON'T CARE how they treat people. I am really glad that I am not a customer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked my why I left a job over 20 years ago. REALLY?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Missoula, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2013.

Applied on-line takes about an hour, make sure you have time. You take a test consisting of multi-tasking, answering several questions while watching a timer and making changes to information given. Once complete they will call you to set up a phone interview, from there you will get a 1 on 1 interview. Once hired you will have to do allot of paper work consisting of a back round check and then a drug test. You will get a start date for when you will start training.

Interview Questions
    There is none, you start out with regular salary

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ronkonkoma, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ronkonkoma, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

August 15th I applied online for the Field Technician I position at Direct TV. I received a phone call a few days later and was asked to come in for a small group interview, this was followed by an e-mail with further details such as the interview coordinators name - Northeast Regional Recruiter, Travis LaDuke.

I arrived 15 minutes early on August 29th for my interview and sat in a meeting room with one other candidate with one other supervisor in the room who asked us both a few brief questions such as "Why were we interested in the position?" after sitting for a few minutes we went in individually to meet one on one with Mr. LaDuke. He was very pleasant and asked me about my history, why I was Interested, what skills I had that would lend themselves to the position etc.

After about 10 - 15 minutes he explained what salary was and the benefits included and when they would kick in if I received the position, and with that we shook hands and I left.

Interview Questions
    • I really can't say anything was unexpected or out of the ordinary seeing as how this was my first interview in quite some time.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Very straightforward process. I applied, got a call a few weeks later and set up a phone interview. The recruiter was cordial and professional. She asked some difficult questions. I honestly felt I could have done much better, but I'm not one to make excuses. If I could do it again, I would have paid more attention to the exact words I used on me resume.

Interview Questions
    • Would you lie to protect the company you work for?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2014.

Quick, not much was asked. Easy. Lame job, but I'll do it.

none

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2011.

Very smooth. Interviewed with manager and then a series of Engineers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. They stuck with detailed technical questions about my past experience. Very professional.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. They made a reasonable offer and I accepted. I don't like playing the negotiation game.