DIRECTV

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.6

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Phone interviews initially--had about three of those. Then came onsite and had about 4 hours worth of interviews... Some video conferencing due to leadership being remote. Interviewed with my potential team and management.

Interview Questions
    • Discussing a difficult leadership situation. Generally managers at DIRECTV are not managers in the strict sense. There are a lot of people the title but might as well be individual contributors. This role was unique since senior leadership really wanted to ensure that the managers actually know how to manage people.   View Answer
    The recruiter vets you to make sure you will accept the offer prior to HR actually sending out the official offer. DIRECTV HR moves slowly so, it has proven necessary for the recruiters to take that step in order to make sure the hiring process is not short circuited by a surprise rejection of the offer.

Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in May 2014.

First i got a phone interview, Then a in face interview. I was offered a job that day. It was a easy process. There was 2 people at my interview.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in May 2014.

Questions about handling difficult situation. Questions are asked about "grey" area situations. Asked how flexible one can be with a customer. You have to pass a test and try to look good.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about handling situations that have no right or wrong answer. Asked how sensitive i was to pay fluctuations. Some of the scenarios were difficult. You need to make sure that you solve the callers issue while keeping the caller calm and not upsetting or embarrassing them since you are dealing with their personal details   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Had a friend who was a previous intern refer me fairly late in the semester. Received a phone interview a week later. Was told resume looked good and talked about computer science and experience. Offered the internship next day.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any technical questions. Interviewer expressed concern that I didn't have a background in databases and networking   Answer Question
    Was sent a contract. Did not try negotiating.

Dispatcher/Technician Router Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hesperia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hesperia, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV.

I was interviewed by a Supervisor and a Lead Dispatcher. They were very nice and the interview process was typical. They asked questions, said they would let me know, called later that day and sent me for drug testing and I started the following week.

Interview Questions
    • It was so long ago, I dont remember any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question
    They started everyone at the same pay. It wasnt as much as I hoped but I moved up quickly and raises were very generous.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Interview consisted of questions about past internships/projects, where I wanted my career to be in 10 years, etc.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Got lead from staffing agency. Had phone interview with hiring manager. Company rejected application based upon factors that did NOT come up during interview. Hiring manager seem inexperienced in the field but talked about a lot of current buzzwords in the trade. Hiring manager also seemed to be grasping for straws as far as what he was looking for. Hiring manager took weeks to give feedback to staffing agency.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to figure out what the hiring manager was looking for and/or wanted. We went from one topic of the next with seemingly little organization or structure. I asked the interviewer several questions which he refused to answer.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in April 2014.

I was contacted for a phone interview, but ended up skipping that process due to being interviewed for an internship with DIRECTV as well. I wasn't offered the internship so I went back and interviewed for the CSR position. It was a pretty long interview, probably about 45 minutes. She asked me what I liked to do, how I would handle rude customers, and did some scenario type questions. It was a pretty standard 1-1 interview and I was offered a position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the scenarios were difficult. You need to make sure that you solve the problem at hand while keeping the customer happy and not upsetting or embarrassing them since you are dealing with their billing information.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. She went over benefits, pay, and schedule.

Hardware Validation Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at DIRECTV in April 2014.

Interviewed with 2 different supervisors. It wasn't a technical interview per se, just a personality interview asking a few questions about your background. There was only one technical question they asked.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Just review your technical basics depending on your background.   Answer Question
    None. Just a Offer Letter.

IT Analyst I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV.

Taking care of the Teradata Production Systems, making sure to meet the SLA of 99.99%. Identify killer Queries and make sure the systems are working efficiently and helping the developers to get their queries tuned. Day to day DBA related tasks as to creating Users, Tables, Databases etc...

Interview Questions
    • Career Goal, what would want to do 5 years down the line?   Answer Question