DIRECTV Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Executive Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

Very poor recruiting process. Was specifically recruited by DIRECTV for this job and never had the courtesy of an email or phone response despite repeated follow-ups. DIRECTV does not "get" that applicants are also customers. Recruiters need to be held accountable, especially when the applicant can clearly perform against all standards. I've switched from DIRECTV for this reason.

Interview Questions
    • Could not even get a response from their recruiter. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2010.

Have to apply online. When you do apply online DIRECTV has a virtual interview, which isn't to bad, but will take about a hour. If you know a technician and they are willing to put in a word for you it is easier. Experience helps a lot but is not needed.

Interview Questions
    • There is not any surprises here its pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    DIRECTV has a Guaranteed base rate. After training and a few months in the field you should surpass this rate. If you do not you should reconsider your employment. DIRECTV will allow retraining if your struggling.

Web Content Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2013.

The entire process from submission of resume to hiring took approximately 1 month, and included three interviews, a background check, and a pre-emplolyment drug screening.

The first interview was a 1 hour phone interview with an HR representative. After that, I had a second phone interview with the department director which also lasted approximately 1 hour.

The last step was an onsite meeting with the team supervisor and two senior members of the group, lasting about 2.5 hours.

My offer was tendered within a week of the final interview.

Overall the process was very relaxed, and the people with whom I spoke very enthusiastic, open, and direct. There were no bizarre questions or tests and nothing that would lead me to believe that the company or the team was dysfunctional in any way.

Interview Questions
    • Perhaps the most difficult part of the interview process was addressing questions pertaining to qualifications or experience I lacked. However, there were no landmines or traps, and nothing asked that was unexpected, irrelevant, or posed any sort of dilemma. The questions were straightforward and seemed designed to obtain information on experience and whether I would be a "fit" for the overall team.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was comfortable and professional. After the initial offer I replied with a counter-proposal and we reached a compromise that was fair for everyone.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV.

There were a group interview with three people. The questions were not very difficult. There were no technical questions. They asked mostly about the stuff on my resume. They seemed to be not very serious. In the end, they asked some random questions to see how I though, questions such as list all the possible uses of a paper clip that you can think of. They never replied emails afterwards, nit even at least bother to tell you that you did not get the offer. Company structure is not clear.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2013.

Applied through college job portal. Received a call from IT Director within a week for the interview. Interview went for around 30 mins. In general resume walkthrough and some basic questions about Data Modeling and SDLC.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the difference between MS Visio and IBM Rational Modeler (formerly called Rational Rose) ?   View Answer
    Since I was being asked to relocate, I asked for a relocation compensation and recieved a generous one!

Aggent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roy, UT

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

interviwew was good i got hires on the spot but unfortaaintly lost m]y ]job due to the favt the project i was wolrking on clesded fown and the only jhours the a]jave availaible to work was @ night time 2pm-22om

Interview Questions
    • nterviwew was good i got hires on the spot but unfortaaintly lost m]y ]job due to the favt the project i was wolrking on clesded fown and the only jhours the a]jave availaible to work was @ night time 2pm-22om   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2010.

Not hard, if you've had previous call center experience, you're set.

It's a call center, you get what you get.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2013.

A total of 5 interviews ensued (which is crazy for this level of position). Call Screen, Level 1 Manager interview, Level 2 Manager interview, Call Center Manager Interview, Peer interview. The HR person I was dealing with, although pleasant, had to be constantly chased down to get information as to if I was moving forward and what they would look like.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to generate and execute a training activity on the fly. This was not difficult but was only given 10 minutes to come up with something.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2009.

This was a long time ago when the employees were nice and professional -- Submitted my online application six months before I received a phone call from recruiter. The recruiter asked how much I was currently getting paid. He arranged a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited to interview with each team member. Very informal and relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know the date of the data on the database?   View Answer
    No negotiation. I accepted. We agreed.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2012.

I applied for, interviewed, and started working for this company in a total of 7 days. The turnaround time from receipt of resume was excellent! I received a call within 24 hours from human resources to come in for an interview. I was offered a job the same day and started 5 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions for those familiar with this type of employment.   Answer Question