DIRECTV

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Designer Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – I interviewed with recruiter agency, after they presented me to the company. I went on Friday to interview with my portfolio, they liked my works. I started on Monday as temp like a week, after one week, the recruiter company called me and said that they want me to keep working. I worked as a fulltime freelancer, 6 months later, they offered me a fulltime job. After they hired me and I started as a full time.

Interview Question – They were so kind.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was more than I expected.

Content Strategist Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews with 3 different people. Nothing out of the ordinary or difficult. They do like to trick you into believing you have a future here.

Interview Question – What project management issues have you faced?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had 1 over the phone and 3 interviews in person . First one with a recruiter at LA, he presented me the company, the area, and the job function. Then came one with my prospective direct boss. We review my CV and then he talked to me about the area, the company, his back ground at the company. I asked about the goals and we had a chat where I was able to find and show my fit in the position. Next a interview with a VP in the same area., more general view of the company. And finally a human resource interview with the usual behavioral questions in a very professional way.

Interview Question – What means to go beyond the line of duty for me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a good offer.

Content Strategist Interview

Content Strategist
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was offered the position after two separate interviews. The first I met with two group leaders of content strategy for different areas of their site. The second I met with the director of content strategy for the company along with a third group leader. Each interview lasted about 45 min - 1 hour. It seemed like they did most of the talking as my content background was all laid out on my résumé.

Interview Question – What is content strategy. Honestly. I came from a content background and had done research into content strategy, but the hard and fast definition of content strategy still eludes me.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was offered a better position for a smaller company in an industry I am more interested in.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at DIRECTV.

Interview Details – Disorganized. Unprofessional. Made to wait. No clear expectations of duration of interview. No clear path of role and responsibilities. From phone interview to face to face the position changed. The interviewer kept saying he was trying to keep me 'off guard' and 'on my toes.'

Interview Question – Unexpected question was - how long did it take for you to get here today - as if my commute time was going to be factored into their decision.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The management team I met with was extremely stressed and kept talking about how stressful their job was and how business is declining. Additionally when I asked about training - they said there was none BUT I needed to be up and running immediately. I felt there would be no support and high expectations which would lead to failure.

Content Acquisitions Interview

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in November 2011.

Interview Details – I got a call from an HR rep after applying through their website. After a quick chat they asked me to come in to meet the would be manager. We had a great interview, and I met with various other senior members of the team. When I left I was told I'd either get an offer straightaway, or get called back to meet the CEO. I never heard back, even after sending various emails.

Interview Question – Not so much a question, but they did test me on all my language skills listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at DIRECTV in January 2010.

Interview Details – I met a current employee through networking and asked him about the internship program. He passed along my resume to HR but they also recruited at my college. I guess I passed the screening and had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes long. No questions about marketing, just behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work in a group that didn't get along? What did you do?   Answer Question
  • Walk us through a project you've initiated.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DIRECTV interview questions and advice in New York, NY. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by DIRECTV employees and interview candidates.