DIRECTV

Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in March 2013.

Interview included a white board test of my skills as a project manager. I was kept waiting for the interview and it was postponed several times. Interviewer was very cold and did not engage with me personally.

I negotiated a hiring bonus to compensate for lower salary.

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ely, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ely, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV in April 2009.

First there was a phone interview to screen, the phone interview is pretty much a screen behavioral and then you are invited to the office. At the office they run through your resume asking detailed questions on it, then they asked you why you wanted the position and what you could contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DIRECTV in January 2009.

1) Phone screen by the HR representative
    2)Phone screen by the hiring manager
    3)Interview with the Hiring Manager
    4)Follow up e-mail with addtional questions asking about my skills and experience
    5)follow up phone call asking to meet for coffee to discuss the position further.

The interview process was drawn out. I felt frustrated because I received an offer from another company, but I couldn't get an answer from DIRECTV about if I was on their short list. I ended up declining the other offer, and waiting to hear from DIRECTV. I think that this was the fault of the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the difference between a project manager and a program manager.   View Answer
    • What do you do if you assign a deliverable to someone, and they don't deliver. How do you handel this?   View Answers (2)
    The original offer was great. I didn't do any negotiating.