DIRECTV

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

El Segundo, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in September 2009.

Interview Details – HR interview, person you will be reporting into interview and a drug test and background check

Negotiation Details – there was none, I accepted

El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted through recruiting agency who set up initial phone interview within 9 days. The face to face interview was then scheduled 5 days later. Phone interview questions consisted of confirming project management experience per the resume. Face to face interview was a panel interview and consisted of questions on conflict management.

Interview Question – How do you deal with someone who has missed schedule milestone?   Answer Question

El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in March 2010.

Interview Details – Standard process; several phone interviews followed by onsite interview with 3 IT staff

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do if you disagree with the way your boss handles a situation   View Answer
  • What is the difference between an issue and a risk?   View Answer

El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in August 2009.

Interview Details – I felt the Recruiter was thorough when screening me over the phone and was realistic with the job responsibilities. There was a phone interview and then a panel meeting with a few hiring managers. Everyone was pleasant and professional. Make sure you have samples of your work and can explain your involvement in your projects thoroughly.

Interview Question – What project did you manage that most closely matches a project you might be responsible for here?   Answer Question

El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in June 2009.

Interview Details – Screened by Recruiter. Director set up a panel interview - panel never showed. Spent two hours with hiring director - she incorrectly concluded that I did not do the work I noted on my resume - just managed it. She promised third interview with Ex Dir - never scheduled. Overall, customer service dept seemed disorganized - office building was beautiful - all the best tools - work culture - work hard, play hard. Dir claimed she consistently worked 60 hours a week.

El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DIRECTV in July 2009.

Interview Details – 1) Recruiter (outsourced/contracted recruiter) picked up monster CV and called me up.
Basic check against availability, visa status, current placement, ...

2) Second call from recruiter that I have been shortlisted and that company would like to schedule a phone interview.

3) Phone interview takes place with director or senior director of a specific department (matching with offered role).

4) Face to face @ company

Initial phone interview questions:

Please introduce yourself.
What do you know about DirecTV?
Why would you like to work as a PM?
Walk me through one of your recent projects, including project steps.
Why should we hire you as a PM in regard to other candidates applying
for this role, what are your strengths?
Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• Please introduce yourself.
    What do you know about DirecTV?
      Answer Question
  • Why would you like to work as a PM?
    Walk me through one of your recent projects, including project steps.
      Answer Question
  • Why should we hire you as a PM in regard to other candidates applying
    for this role, what are your strengths?
    Do you have any questions for me?
      Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found out during interview process that I can not identify myself with the product (unique case here) and I would rather work within automotive, banking, telecommunications or IT than here.
In addition to that I had many offers from other companies with similar/higher compensation and very similar roles.

If a candidate likes the product, California and a relatively high salary/package this employer is absolutely the way to go!!!

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DIRECTV in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was discovered via an external recruiter working with DIRECTV. The interview process was fairly quick as they needed to fill the position quickly. I met with numerous people and even talked to peers in person, as well as over the phone. However, the external recruiter lied about bonuses and the promotion process, not just to me, but others hired before and after me.

Interview Question – Tell us about your responsibilities in your last job.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at DIRECTV

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DIRECTV Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by DIRECTV employees and interview candidates.