DIRECTV Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very easy going.
It was oddly straightforward.
I got a phone call that they were interested in my skill set.
I was then connected to someone in HR who connected me to a department head.
A phone interview later... I was told to come in and offered the job about 15 minutes into a 1 on 1 conversation.

Very easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DIRECTV

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Was contacted through recruiting agency who set up initial phone interview within 9 days. The face to face interview was then scheduled 5 days later. Phone interview questions consisted of confirming project management experience per the resume. Face to face interview was a panel interview and consisted of questions on conflict management.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone who has missed schedule milestone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Standard process; several phone interviews followed by onsite interview with 3 IT staff

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do if you disagree with the way your boss handles a situation   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between an issue and a risk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

HR interview, person you will be reporting into interview and a drug test and background check

Negotiation

there was none, I accepted

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I felt the Recruiter was thorough when screening me over the phone and was realistic with the job responsibilities. There was a phone interview and then a panel meeting with a few hiring managers. Everyone was pleasant and professional. Make sure you have samples of your work and can explain your involvement in your projects thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• What project did you manage that most closely matches a project you might be responsible for here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

1) Recruiter (outsourced/contracted recruiter) picked up monster CV and called me up.
    Basic check against availability, visa status, current placement, ...

2) Second call from recruiter that I have been shortlisted and that company would like to schedule a phone interview.

3) Phone interview takes place with director or senior director of a specific department (matching with offered role).

4) Face to face @ company

Initial phone interview questions:

Please introduce yourself.
    What do you know about DirecTV?
    Why would you like to work as a PM?
    Walk me through one of your recent projects, including project steps.
    Why should we hire you as a PM in regard to other candidates applying
    for this role, what are your strengths?
    Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• Please introduce yourself.
      What do you know about DirecTV?

Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work as a PM?
      Walk me through one of your recent projects, including project steps.

Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you as a PM in regard to other candidates applying
      for this role, what are your strengths?
      Do you have any questions for me?

Answer Question

Found out during interview process that I can not identify myself with the product (unique case here) and I would rather work within automotive, banking, telecommunications or IT than here.
    In addition to that I had many offers from other companies with similar/higher compensation and very similar roles.

If a candidate likes the product, California and a relatively high salary/package this employer is absolutely the way to go!!!

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DIRECTV (El Segundo, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Screened by Recruiter. Director set up a panel interview - panel never showed. Spent two hours with hiring director - she incorrectly concluded that I did not do the work I noted on my resume - just managed it. She promised third interview with Ex Dir - never scheduled. Overall, customer service dept seemed disorganized - office building was beautiful - all the best tools - work culture - work hard, play hard. Dir claimed she consistently worked 60 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to manage project with jeopardies?   Answer Question
    • Can you manage projects from start through life cycle management?   Answer Question
    • Give example of how you have resolved missed objectives in project.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DIRECTV in July 2009.

Interview

I was discovered via an external recruiter working with DIRECTV. The interview process was fairly quick as they needed to fill the position quickly. I met with numerous people and even talked to peers in person, as well as over the phone. However, the external recruiter lied about bonuses and the promotion process, not just to me, but others hired before and after me.