DIRECTV

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at DIRECTV in April 2009.

Interview Details – First, a Recruiter called and asked for my general experience till date. She found my profile and okay and referred to the Department Manager, to whom the candidate would be eventually assigned to. I was asked to fill all the paper work for onsite interview and met the Recruiter. I met the Interviewer 1:1 and we had a talk for about 30 mins. He gave a flavor of the job they do, but I think I didnt make it in the end because of shortage of experience

Interview Question – What are the challenges that you are facing in business analysis   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview consisted of the recruiter asking preset questions about my experience working with large amounts of data, Metrics used for data analysis, etc. The position was for the Data Intelligence group in Customer Service, i.e. analyze customer call data to come up with recommendations.
Onsite interview was with 2 persons. One was a to-be fellow team member and other was a short interview with a member from another team that would be our internal customer. Questions focused on resume (past experience), and the interviewer spent a lot of time explaining the tasks and what the team did. Quite informal and friendly.

Interview Question – Do you have experience dealing with uncertainty in data?   View Answer

El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DIRECTV in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiting company who found me via Linkedin.com They screened me before forwarding my resume to the DirecTV hiring manager. I was granted an on-site 60 minutes interview with the hiring manager. The, I was invited back for a 2nd round interview with 4 different people. The director of the group, the hiring manager’s peer, and two of the hiring manager’s current analysts. These were all one-on-one interviews lasting 60 minutes each. I was later contacted by the group’s VP for a impromptu 15 minute phone interview that evening. The focus of each interview differed with each interviewer. The other analysts asked more granular / technical questions. The group director evaluated me for cultural fit within the group as well as with the business client. My interview with the VP was less structured, but I too that opportunity to demonstrate my understanding of the industry and my ability to be a forward thinker.

I believe that the DirecTV is a merit based company with many opportunities for assertive and career oriented people. Although their industry is shrinking, DirecTV’s focus on customer service, innovative / cutting edge product offerings has allowed them to grow at their competitor’s expense.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an include and an exclude relationship between use cases?   Answer Question
  • Tell me what the difference between a Business Systems Analyst and a Business Analyst?   Answer Question

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!