DISH

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst II
Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – The interview process was a big lie. They did not provide honest answers to my questions. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

Interview Question – Some B S test   Answer Question

Business Analyst II
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH in August 2012.

Interview Details – Job application was lengthy. Initial contact pleasant but required extensive testing; 3 test done online from home and another 3 required in office. Recruiter was very helpful. I believe their salaries/bonuses are based on their ability to hire employees that stay and are not disciplinary problems so they try to find the best fit possible. Interviews consisted of the Recruiter, Direct Manager, department manager, and Vice President. Dish requires background checks, drug screening, College transcripts and references. It was a 3 week process from initial contact until official offer and then another 2 weeks to start. Dish prefers to start employees in large groups to save time for orientation.

Interview Question – The interview process was very simple. They do not seem to picky for non management positions considering the high turnover. My experience was their expectations are low and they will offer most job specific training. They are accustomed to transferring lower position employees into larger roles and expect to train those individuals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their initial offer was $5,000 less than what was originally discussed. I was able to bring it up $6,000 only because it was my previos salary. Although, they wouldn't match the bonuses just the base. Talking with other employees this seems to be their normal tactic. Most hires have the ability to negotiate at least $5,000 up from their initial offer.

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by one of their corporate recruiters and given the basic introductory interview. She asked a few questions regarding my experience and just went over my resume. I indicated that I was in final rounds of interviews with another company so the recruiter said she would try to rush things along by running my resume by her two hiring managers to see if they were interested prior to scheduling me for their online testing.

I heard back within a day or two and was then setup to take the tests. There were 3 online tests that I did at home - 1 math, 1 vocabulary, and one that measures your logic. The math and vocab tests were actually quite hard at times. When I went in for an interview with the hiring manager and her team, I had to take the Wonderlic (sp?) test in their office. I then went for my interview with the hiring manager. I wasn't aware it would be a group interview with 2 of her team members but it ended up that that was what it was.

The interview was very informal. They took turns asking me questions about my resume, how I handle change in the workplace, etc. I asked them plenty of questions. I had read a lot about the company online and was concerned whether I would be happy there or not. They all expressed irritation with the time monitoring that goes on for salaried employees but said it is manageable. The team seems happy overall and they all said minimal overtime is required which is very important to me. I'm assuming this can very greatly from team to team.

I had 1 phone interview after that with the next level manager and then I sent them permission to do a background and had to get a drug test. Once they had all of the information they needed, it took another day or two to get the CIO to sign off and give me an offer. I was told that for the process to last about 2 weeks start to finish was very atypical. It usually spans much longer.

Just some other comments - the outside of the headquarters is beautiful and the lobby is nice as well. The cafeteria looked decent, although I did not eat there. BUT I must say the cubicles, chairs, etc looked shabby. They are really low cubes as well which I hate. The cubes also are kind of shallow so most appeared to be on an aisle. Not much privacy but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Benefits include a health plan that isn't terribly expensive premium wise but is a high deductible plan. There's one other plan they offer but there's just no way I would ever chose it. They offer 2 weeks vacation and a week of sick time. You get an extra week of vacation after 2 years of tenure. They do not have a bonus plan. Your salary is your salary but they do have profit sharing in good years. I confirmed the badge policy and each person I spoke with made sure I was aware of the policy and okay with it. You must be at work before 9 and stay until 4. Additionally they expect you to be in the office for 40 hours each week. It was explained that if you are short one day for an appt or something, you need to make the hours up....I find that annoying since I will be salaried and this somewhat violates the entire point of being paid for your work and not hours but at least they were clear and I know what I'm getting into.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which the business changed direction mid project and how you handled that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I told the recruiter during the first call what I expected. I was told that they usually offer at or slightly above your previous salary so be sure to put your TOTAL compensation on the application when you apply online. I had only posted my base pay, not including bonus, and had to revise it to get what I wanted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!

DISH Videos

DISH – Why Work for Us?

The Dish on DISH. Pride: We possess the integrity to set high goals and the commitment to achieve the results. We believe pride is a personal commitment, to do your best in everything you do.Our Core Values… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DISH Business Analyst II interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by DISH employees and interview candidates.