DISH

www.dish.com

DISH Business Analyst Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH in June 2013.

An initial phone screening with the HR recruiter, followed by a Skype interview, followed by another phone interview. Then, a group of interviews in person in one day. Was a quick process and the HR recruiter really kept me informed throughout the process. Everyone was very nice and professional. Also some simple ACT/SAT type tests scattered through.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, they gave me an offer that was much better than what I was even expecting. Awesome!

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Business Analyst Interview

Hiring manager seemed to have less experience than I did. In addition, hiring manager was straight out of their master's degree and had no idea the "name" dish has established for itself here in Denver

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in July 2012.

I think the interview process was quick and precise. I submitted paper work, went and met the team and manager and sat down and had a good thorough interview.

Interview Questions
    Be reasonable and do a little research before coming up with your requirements. Bring in a few questions of your own and have a set list of things you would want out of the job..hours, pay, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH in April 2012.

Having previously applied for a position I had completed Dish's various pre-employment tests (Wonderlic, Personality Survey, Reasoning Test, technology knowledge assessment). First contact was a very brief phone interview (3 minutes), I answered brief questions about my background and experience with job specific technology. An interview with 2 department managers and a tentative interview with the business unit's VP was scheduled shortly after the phone interview, via email.

The live interview lasted around 30-40 minutes. The two interviewers told me more about the position, answered my preliminary questions and asked me 5-7 standard behavioral interview questions. After I had met with the first two managers, I was asked to meet the VP of the business unit I had applied with. We met for about 10 minutes. He gave me a detailed overview of the business unit and its functions. I answered a few more questions about my background.

The following day I received a call from H.R. telling me they would be moving forward with background and drug screening. After completing the drug screening I received an offer 8 business days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the requirements/expectations in your job or at school?   Answer Question
    • What would your current/previous supervisor say would be one of your shortcomings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH in December 2011.

There was an initial phone screening followed by an online test. The next step was to meet the HR rep and hiring manager. After these two successful interviews I went on to meet the Director of the department. Then there was a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was standard in the interview, no real wild cards.   Answer Question
    The economy was tight and I had little choice but to accept whatever offer they gave, however, since that time things have opened up in the economy and I know that there were others who successfully negotiated better salaries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DISH in January 2010.

I spent 3 hours taking a assessment test, which although long, was fine. I would rather work with other intelligent and educated people, so if the test screens for that, I'm okay with that. Then I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview, which started with another shorter math/language assessment test, which seemed redundant to the first test I had already apparently passed. I also felt a little bit like a sheep being herded through a mechanical process, which I didn't appreciate.

However, from there, I was taken to a team interview with the hiring manager (who was late to the interview) and two senior analysts. They were very open with me about what to expect and were pretty well prepared with questions appropriate to assessing my experience. So the actual conversation was good, I felt, but I was left with significant uncertainties about whether I wanted to work at company with such a micromanaging CEO (who checks a badge sign in/out report to see that you were in the building during the required core hours).

It has been about 3 weeks since my interview and I haven't received any kind of response. I followed up with both a thank you and a one-week status update request and was only told they were still interviewing. I'm not holding my breath, but then again, I don't think I want to.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if the CEO wakes up to a cloudy day and tells you that he has changed his mind 180 degrees from what he told you and signed off on yesterday?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online – interviewed at DISH in January 2009.

Test takes almost 3 hours so just be prepared.