DISH

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Call Center Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DISH in September 2012.

The process was long and drawn out because they had no clue what they were doing. This was a new position and thus there were many speed bumps along the way. I had about 3 interviews and some personality tests. I had to contact my recruiter about 4 times before an offer was made of 42,500 a year which I accepted. I later was told that there was a change and that instead of doing rotations throughout the country I would be based in Ohio for the entire 9 months. A few weeks later I was told that now I had to look for my own housing but at least they gave me a salary increase to justify the new headache. I was not told to do a drug test or background check until one week prior to me starting. Keep in mind I live in Phoenix, AZ and the job is in Columbus, OH. Once I get to Ohio I get a call 36 hours prior to my start day saying that I no longer have the job because I did not pass the background check. They said that the blemish on my record was too recent and I was a high risk, in reality the incident they were referring to was 6 years ago not 2. They refused to look at it when it happened but instead punish me because courts take forever to process people. Anyway because of their negligence and poor planing, I lost my job, lost my house, had to move in with my parents, have not a penny to my name, and rejected other promising offers because Dish dangled a very enticing carrot in front of me only to take it away at the last minute and ruin my life. This is a horrible company and should not be aloud to conduct business this way. Even though they broke no laws they broke every code of ethics imaginable.

Interview Questions

I didn't really decline, I accepted then had it rebuked at the last possible minute but there is no option for that on here. Please avoid this horrible company at all costs. This place is a toxic environment. I truly hope what happened to me never happens to anyone else again.