DISH

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

I applied for and was invited for interviews twice with this company back when I attending community college, and it was only the second I made it all the way to a hiring manager. The qualification process is rather rigorous than difficult; I went through some online training and get to practice some of the basic responsibilities of the position onsite. Bad news was that I must commit to being available to report to work 24/7/365/year which I couldn't due to my school work.

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Applied online. You basically go through like 3 long assessments. Received a call a couple days later for a telephone interview. They asked me about my work history and stuff. Can i multitask. Name a time where I had to multitask. what i liked and dint like about my last jobs. Then scheduled me for an in person the next day. walked in and had to sit at the computer and listen to 3 call scenarios. They showed me around and then did a one on one interview. He asked me basic questions, name a time you provided above and beyond customer service, pretend i am a worker and he is the customer and try to sell him a product, etc. After wards I had to fill out a background form. Its been two days and was told I would hear something in 7-10 days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH in September 2014.

I started an application online... I quit once it got to the assessment, because I was at work while doing so, and simply didn't have the time! Two days later, I got a call from a DISH recruiter, and was given an impromptu phone interview (though I hadn't completed the assessments?). I passed that, and was instantly set up with a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions about my sales background. There was also some role playing involved at the face to face interview.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, you are told from the start what to expect pay wise. Take it, or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Applied online. I filled out a personality/behavioral tests then went through a computer simulation of a call center. It wasn't hard but took a while to finish. I got a phone interview the next day, lasted about 15 minutes. Discussed job expectations and how long training would last. Scheduled 1on1 interview the following Monday. No real hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like/ not like about your previous jobs? Can you handle a fast pace environment? Most questions focused on customer service.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

it was pretty straight forward and they were very upfront about the job's expectations. The most important part is understanding the job's expectations and asking the right questions. I was happy to be getting the job and looking back overall it was an excellent experience for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH.

The interview is you telling them how to put a pen together as if you had to do it over the phone. Giving direct details is important. Prior to that you re-took the online simulation and the personality test all over again. Plan to be there for a few hours. The waiting room will have multiple applicants.

Interview Questions
    • n/a- The interview is you telling them how to put a pen together as if you had to do it over the phone. Giving direct details is important. Prior to that you re-took the online simulation and the personality test   View Answer
    They do not negotiate pay. Ive had 4+ years in call center experience & they did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansburg, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH.

phone interview followed by in person, talked about basic expectations and was asked what i was looking for, lots of promises of advancement with little proof there was any oppurtunites, made me wary of this job

Interview Questions
    • basic call center questions like what experience have you had dealing with angry customers   View Answer
    no negotiation, you get what you get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at DISH.

Computer tested and interviewed in same day at location. Many people were hired because they were breathing and did not drool on the table. Many people washed out during the training phase. These people took away from the training time because the instructor had to continually go over subjects multiple times not leaving enough time in the day to fully train the new employees to their most potential.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They offered to hire and stated pay rate. Take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH.

Way to long, rather unorganized and at times unprofessional

Interview Questions
    Really no negotiating, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH in March 2014.

when I went in for my interview I dress nice and professional. The interviewer on the other hand did not. But anyways. He asked me stuff about my previous job and my goals. And some questions about how I'd sell something to a customer on the phone. Very simple and basic nothing hard. Gave me a drug screen right there and a week later I was hired.

No negotiations.