DISH Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

In-depth application online: Standard format.

After I took a general personality and comprehension test. On the comprehension test it mostly quizzed me on my percentage mathematical skills.

The third and final step included a rather lengthy (in my opinion) explanation of dummy call center software where you are tested with two automated calls to demonstrate how well you can use the software after listening to instructions.

Interview Questions

• "What is your annual minimum total compensation requirement?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy Phone interview asking you mostly about things you listed on your application. Then a face to face interview. They will show you around the building explain to you what each section of the facility is for and then they take you into a room for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you trubleshooted something?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how you resolved the issue?   Answer Question
    • what is a wordclass service to you? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond when assisting a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX).

Interview

Easynothing to it if you can breathe you will get the job at this super easy don't sweat it it's very easydon't be nervous cuz you will get the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I arrived 5 mins early they sat me at a computer to listen in on 5 different calls then a supervisor came a showed me around the center then took me in to a room to do a brief 15 min interview she asked me like 5 questions and took me back out front where I was told I'd hear something back within 1-2 days

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to troubleshoot   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Extensive lots of open ended questions. Asked about previous work situations and how you will handle customers and their reactions. It's a cable company with lots of branches so they want to see where you fit in and how you will handle yourself. The interview was laid back but the surprise drug test was bad.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about call centers
      will drug test on spot with mouth swab

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluefield, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH (Bluefield, WV).

Interview

You take a 3 hour test. Then you do two sit down interviews. They ask mostly situation based questions. Honestly your a body for a seat of you show up in matching shoes you will be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

Got a phone call from their corporate office (i guess) and she asked if we could set up a phone interview, so I just went ahead and did the phone interview right then and there... she asked me when I could come in for an in person interview, so she set it up to be on the following Friday.. When I got there I finished my online assessment and I was interviewed by a supervisor.. it was a pretty average interview, nothing too hard... he said he could not tell me if I was hired or not, they would have to do a background check first.. They said it would take 7-10 days.. but I knew the Monday following the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to troubleshoot a technological problem... Name a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you resolve it.. and how did it make you feel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied for and was invited for interviews twice with this company back when I attending community college, and it was only the second I made it all the way to a hiring manager. The qualification process is rather rigorous than difficult; I went through some online training and get to practice some of the basic responsibilities of the position onsite. Bad news was that I must commit to being available to report to work 24/7/365/year which I couldn't due to my school work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

During application process you so a simulator online of how to work a computer program and listen to customer calls. Then they call you down for a interview, take you on a tour and show you around, then take you into a conference room to ask you basic interview questions. Once that is completed the have you authorize a background check and everything on a computer, then if they want you they call you with when to start and schedule, ect.

Interview Questions

• Here are three options to upsell me on, choose one and try to convince me to buy it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Applied online. You basically go through like 3 long assessments. Received a call a couple days later for a telephone interview. They asked me about my work history and stuff. Can i multitask. Name a time where I had to multitask. what i liked and dint like about my last jobs. Then scheduled me for an in person the next day. walked in and had to sit at the computer and listen to 3 call scenarios. They showed me around and then did a one on one interview. He asked me basic questions, name a time you provided above and beyond customer service, pretend i am a worker and he is the customer and try to sell him a product, etc. After wards I had to fill out a background form. Its been two days and was told I would hear something in 7-10 days

Interview Questions

• Enacting how I would sell a product   1 Answer