DISH

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Christiansburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by in person, talked about basic expectations and was asked what i was looking for, lots of promises of advancement with little proof there was any oppurtunites, made me wary of this job

Interview Question – basic call center questions like what experience have you had dealing with angry customers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, you get what you get

Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Computer tested and interviewed in same day at location. Many people were hired because they were breathing and did not drool on the table. Many people washed out during the training phase. These people took away from the training time because the instructor had to continually go over subjects multiple times not leaving enough time in the day to fully train the new employees to their most potential.

Interview Question – All questions were typical for a call center.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered to hire and stated pay rate. Take it or leave it.

Flushing, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in January 2014.

Interview Details – applied through indeed.com, got a call back for an interview. The HR lady sent me to a room with some computers to fill out some information, I was sent to interview with one person, then was passed onto another interviewer. the whole process lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions...they will ask about your past experiences in customer service   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no room for negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Hilliard, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DISH in September 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was excellent. I took a total of three hours for the competency test and both interviews. With in twenty four hours of applying I had a job offer, start date, and permanent schedule after the training schedule.

Interview Question – Why do you think having the service would help you be a better customer service representative.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating just a take it or leave it offer.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Way to long, rather unorganized and at times unprofessional

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, just the entire process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really no negotiating, take it or leave it

Littleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in January 2010.

Interview Details – Test online takes about 2 hours, right after it asked me to come in for an interview. Scheduled an interview. Had one interview and a 2nd one right after. Then they made me wait about 20 minutes and gave me the info on the background check and to go do a drug test. I left and took the drug test at a different facillity. Then about a week later I got a response to select a training time. Training options they had were either 6-3 or 2-10 and lasted 5 weeks. Before this position was called tech support, but now its just a customer service representative job.

Interview Question – What do you do when you get an equipment you don't know how to use.
Also what was the most difficult situation you been at in a job? - Thats a question I think alot of companies ask though.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me what they start with and I accepted.

Flushing, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH in June 2009.

Interview Details – I found the job on craigslist with a link that directs to their job site. I applied for the job online and thereafter was asked to perform a long list of question online (questionnaire). After the questionnaire, I was asked to come in for an interview (set up a schedule). Upon arrival to the site for interview, candidates are asked to sign in, fill out application and then take a computer generated quiz. The computer quiz has will go over different aspects of the job and general customer service questions.

After completing the quiz, two managers will interview you and that completed the process. I was called two weeks later with an offer for the job and I accepted.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, they will give you an offer and you take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at DISH in October 2012.

Interview Details – A couple of interviews; testing

Interview Question – Provide technical experiences in a contact center   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other opportunity with a company

Interviewed at DISH

Interview Details – Very fast...desperate?

Interview Question – Willing to work long hours?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Strange.

Harlingen, TX

I applied online - interviewed at DISH in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and set an appointment immediately after I finished the application. Once I got there I filled out a small piece of paper with basic questions then took the sample calls assessment, after I had 2 interviews one with HR and another with a Coach.

Interview Question – There was many, but nothing I couldnt answer. I wish I would have prepared a bit more, interviews last about 5-10min each. Unexpected question: what do you take pride on?   View Answer

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!