DISH Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I arrived 5 mins early they sat me at a computer to listen in on 5 different calls then a supervisor came a showed me around the center then took me in to a room to do a brief 15 min interview she asked me like 5 questions and took me back out front where I was told I'd hear something back within 1-2 days

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Name a time you had to troubleshoot   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Extensive lots of open ended questions. Asked about previous work situations and how you will handle customers and their reactions. It's a cable company with lots of branches so they want to see where you fit in and how you will handle yourself. The interview was laid back but the surprise drug test was bad.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about call centers
      will drug test on spot with mouth swab

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH (Bluefield, WV).

Interview

You take a 3 hour test. Then you do two sit down interviews. They ask mostly situation based questions. Honestly your a body for a seat of you show up in matching shoes you will be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

Got a phone call from their corporate office (i guess) and she asked if we could set up a phone interview, so I just went ahead and did the phone interview right then and there... she asked me when I could come in for an in person interview, so she set it up to be on the following Friday.. When I got there I finished my online assessment and I was interviewed by a supervisor.. it was a pretty average interview, nothing too hard... he said he could not tell me if I was hired or not, they would have to do a background check first.. They said it would take 7-10 days.. but I knew the Monday following the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to troubleshoot a technological problem... Name a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you resolve it.. and how did it make you feel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied for and was invited for interviews twice with this company back when I attending community college, and it was only the second I made it all the way to a hiring manager. The qualification process is rather rigorous than difficult; I went through some online training and get to practice some of the basic responsibilities of the position onsite. Bad news was that I must commit to being available to report to work 24/7/365/year which I couldn't due to my school work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

During application process you so a simulator online of how to work a computer program and listen to customer calls. Then they call you down for a interview, take you on a tour and show you around, then take you into a conference room to ask you basic interview questions. Once that is completed the have you authorize a background check and everything on a computer, then if they want you they call you with when to start and schedule, ect.

Interview Questions

• Here are three options to upsell me on, choose one and try to convince me to buy it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Applied online. You basically go through like 3 long assessments. Received a call a couple days later for a telephone interview. They asked me about my work history and stuff. Can i multitask. Name a time where I had to multitask. what i liked and dint like about my last jobs. Then scheduled me for an in person the next day. walked in and had to sit at the computer and listen to 3 call scenarios. They showed me around and then did a one on one interview. He asked me basic questions, name a time you provided above and beyond customer service, pretend i am a worker and he is the customer and try to sell him a product, etc. After wards I had to fill out a background form. Its been two days and was told I would hear something in 7-10 days

Interview Questions

• Enacting how I would sell a product   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Columbus, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I started an application online... I quit once it got to the assessment, because I was at work while doing so, and simply didn't have the time! Two days later, I got a call from a DISH recruiter, and was given an impromptu phone interview (though I hadn't completed the assessments?). I passed that, and was instantly set up with a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my sales background. There was also some role playing involved at the face to face interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, you are told from the start what to expect pay wise. Take it, or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. I filled out a personality/behavioral tests then went through a computer simulation of a call center. It wasn't hard but took a while to finish. I got a phone interview the next day, lasted about 15 minutes. Discussed job expectations and how long training would last. Scheduled 1on1 interview the following Monday. No real hard questions.

Interview Questions

• What did you like/ not like about your previous jobs? Can you handle a fast pace environment? Most questions focused on customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

it was pretty straight forward and they were very upfront about the job's expectations. The most important part is understanding the job's expectations and asking the right questions. I was happy to be getting the job and looking back overall it was an excellent experience for me.