DISH Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in September 2014.

Applied online. I filled out a personality/behavioral tests then went through a computer simulation of a call center. It wasn't hard but took a while to finish. I got a phone interview the next day, lasted about 15 minutes. Discussed job expectations and how long training would last. Scheduled 1on1 interview the following Monday. No real hard questions.

Interview Questions
  • What did you like/ not like about your previous jobs? Can you handle a fast pace environment? Most questions focused on customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at DISH.

it was pretty straight forward and they were very upfront about the job's expectations. The most important part is understanding the job's expectations and asking the right questions. I was happy to be getting the job and looking back overall it was an excellent experience for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at DISH in February 2013.

Computer Application, then Interview on the spot, questions will be very customer service orientated and how quickly you can stay on task. THIS JOB IS VERY MUCH A TIMED EVENT. Just know that in advance. You will interview with a floor manager or pod supervisor. No real hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • No real hard questions just very focused on customer service and how you deal with upset customers.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, starts at 11.30 per hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH.

The interview is you telling them how to put a pen together as if you had to do it over the phone. Giving direct details is important. Prior to that you re-took the online simulation and the personality test all over again. Plan to be there for a few hours. The waiting room will have multiple applicants.

Interview Questions
    • n/a- The interview is you telling them how to put a pen together as if you had to do it over the phone. Giving direct details is important. Prior to that you re-took the online simulation and the personality test   View Answer
    They do not negotiate pay. Ive had 4+ years in call center experience & they did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Christiansburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH.

phone interview followed by in person, talked about basic expectations and was asked what i was looking for, lots of promises of advancement with little proof there was any oppurtunites, made me wary of this job

Interview Questions
    • basic call center questions like what experience have you had dealing with angry customers   View Answer
    no negotiation, you get what you get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at DISH.

Computer tested and interviewed in same day at location. Many people were hired because they were breathing and did not drool on the table. Many people washed out during the training phase. These people took away from the training time because the instructor had to continually go over subjects multiple times not leaving enough time in the day to fully train the new employees to their most potential.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They offered to hire and stated pay rate. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in January 2014.

applied through indeed.com, got a call back for an interview. The HR lady sent me to a room with some computers to fill out some information, I was sent to interview with one person, then was passed onto another interviewer. the whole process lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions...they will ask about your past experiences in customer service   View Answer
    there is no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hilliard, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DISH in September 2013.

The hiring process was excellent. I took a total of three hours for the competency test and both interviews. With in twenty four hours of applying I had a job offer, start date, and permanent schedule after the training schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think having the service would help you be a better customer service representative.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating just a take it or leave it offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Way to long, rather unorganized and at times unprofessional

Interview Questions
    Really no negotiating, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in January 2010.

Test online takes about 2 hours, right after it asked me to come in for an interview. Scheduled an interview. Had one interview and a 2nd one right after. Then they made me wait about 20 minutes and gave me the info on the background check and to go do a drug test. I left and took the drug test at a different facillity. Then about a week later I got a response to select a training time. Training options they had were either 6-3 or 2-10 and lasted 5 weeks. Before this position was called tech support, but now its just a customer service representative job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you get an equipment you don't know how to use.
      Also what was the most difficult situation you been at in a job? - Thats a question I think alot of companies ask though.
        Answer Question
    They gave me what they start with and I accepted.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!