DISH

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at DISH

Interview Details – Very fast...desperate?

Interview Question – Willing to work long hours?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Strange.

Harlingen, TX

I applied online - interviewed at DISH in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and set an appointment immediately after I finished the application. Once I got there I filled out a small piece of paper with basic questions then took the sample calls assessment, after I had 2 interviews one with HR and another with a Coach.

Interview Question – There was many, but nothing I couldnt answer. I wish I would have prepared a bit more, interviews last about 5-10min each. Unexpected question: what do you take pride on?   View Answer

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DISH in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on line, took the online assessment, g a date for in-person interview.

Got to the facility, took another assessment this time had to record myself speaking.

Passed the assessment, was interviewed by HR person, standard questions most of them where scenario Q.

How would you deal with a difficult Customer?, Why Dish? etc..

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DISH in March 2013.

Interview Details – After being accepted to come to the interview I had to take the 2nd part of the assessment test which basically shows the employer that you're able to speak in a professional manner on the phone with a customer as well as multi-task by taking notes while on the call simulator. Once taken I had two interviews back-to-back. After the interview I was drug screened and submitted to a background check.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult, nor were there any unexpected questions. Mainly questions on "How did you hear about the company?", "Why do you want to work for our company?", and "Do you have experience dealing with customers? And if so, explain to us how you dealt with an angry customer and resolved the issue?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be calm, don't stress, and have fun with it. The hiring staff are very understanding, friendly, and the interview feels more like talking to a friend than taking to an employer. They actually listen and care about your needs.

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Online application and assessment; automatic interview if passed. Interview with two people on same day if passed first interview; authorized background check that day; called two days later with offer/class starting date.

Interview Question – None; all pretty straight forward typical interview questions. Give specific examples rather than speaking in generalizations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; set salary.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, which consisted of a 500 personality questionnaire. Then was called for on-site testing. The testing consisted of a computer simulation in customer service scenarios. If you pass the simulation then you get a interview with a supervisor who asks standard interview questions. I left with no job offer but was told I'd receive a call. About two weeks later I received a call with a job offer and start date. No drug tested completed.

Interview Question – The online 500 questionnaire was ridiculous.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Interview Details – Manager or coach interview you

Interview Question – Is a formal interview so expect regular questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing in particular

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DISH in August 2012.

Interview Details – If you are a people person and love to help others you don't need to worry about anything. Just be yourself. If you've got the right background and experience, you'd most definitely get the job.

Interview Question – What does the word "pride" mean to you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at DISH

Interview Details – initial interview questions and practice work was a joke, had nothing to do with what was actually entailed about the job. too much going on and the front desk person was not someone i could take seriously. had 2 interviews which i had to wait forever for the person to come interview me.

Interview Question – nothing was too bad. just asked basic questions about technical skill/support   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Interviewed at DISH

Interview Details – The interview was harder than I thought. They asked a lot of questions to test certain skills. Some of them did not apply to me, but he still expected an answer, and a specific answer at that. When he asked " tell me what did you do when a problem developed when a manager was not present?" I have never been in that situation because I have had good managers, I tried to lie or embellish something, but he insisted on detail and had to pertain to work, which made me grope for non existent details.

Interview Question – tell me what did you do when a problem developed when a manager was not present?   Answer Question