DISH Dish Network Installer Interview Questions

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in September 2011.

I went to the interview and felt it went great. I have almost 20 years experience in the industry and the interviewers even told me I had all of the qualifications. I waited two weeks and got a form e-mail saying they had better qualified candidates for the position.

Interview Questions
  • One of the questions asked about a situation where the installer did not have the needed equipment to finish a job, what should be done? 1 Tell the customer you don't have what they need and reschedule. 2. Go back to the warehouse and get the equipment and be late for the next job. 3. Call the supervisor and ask them to bring the piece of equipment that was needed.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH in August 2011.

Applied online, took a 3 hour long test and passed it. Received an email and set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you need to work on.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DISH in August 2011.

Applied online first, then took a couple of tests online, only took about 30 minutes.. I was then contacted for a phone interview, person was really nice and helpful. After that was contacted to go into a one on one interview at the office, interview was straight forward and pleasant. Was told if I was accepted they would send a email out to references and they did, however its been 3 weeks and still haven't heard anything back from dish network. Really hoping to get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burleson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burleson, TX

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DISH in June 2011.

Last week, I had a phone interview that was really laid back and really easy. That led to being scheduled for a one on one interview.

Today was the interview. I was told to show up 15 minutes early to fill out some paper work (never filled any out though). 15 minutes after my interview time I finally had the interview. Common questions that weren't difficult. What made this interview very difficult was the fact that the guy interviewing me said that he was just informed that he had interviews. He said that the people who normally interview weren't available and he was 100% unorganized. He kept getting calls on his phone and at one point left me for 15 minutes to take a call. He seemed like a really nice guy, but I felt like he was just rushing through things to get me out of there. I had a couple of questions to ask based on being told one thing during the phone interview and seeing things in person, but didn't feel like I ever had the opportunity to ask.

He said he was going to talk to the other two guys and I'd get a call in a few days. I'd honestly be surprised if I did. With the lack of organization that seemed to be going on, I wouldn't be shocked if my information got lost.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DISH in April 2011.

I applied online in a rather lengthy and confusing process. After I applied about two days later I was called and interviews asking various questions. Mostly about if I could work weekends and handle working outdoors and things like that. After that I went in for a personal interview which took roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were easy basic interview questions about how you handle customer service and working with other people. It was really cut and dry.   Answer Question

I declined because granted the money was decent with good benefits but the actual job would have been unbearable. Be prepared to work a lot and have no time or social life. Listing the reasons why I declined.

-Terrible hours. They told me that I would be working from 8-8 Thursday through Sunday INCLUDING all major holidays. That would mean no family time and no social life and for a single guy in his early 30's that is a deal breaker right there but it gets worse.

-You keep the van. They want you to keep the service van at your house parked in a driveway or in a gated parking spot. I live in an apartment and street park so this is not an option for me.

-Required space. I was told I needed a 6x6 space in my apartment to keep boxes of dishes and cable boxes in at all times. Apparently you go lead up at the warehouse with this stuff then keep it in your house for safekeeping. I as most people do not have that space.

Combine that with climbing roofs and being in constant danger you might as well save yourself the trouble and learn a trade and get paid 3 times that amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

I applied online – interviewed at DISH in December 2010.

Applied online and there was a shape matching test that took a while. contacted by phone for a phone interview which was pretty easy. Was contacted a few days later to set up an in person interview with pretty standard customer service questions. Once offered a job I had to take a drug test as well as a physical aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • I surprisingly didn't think any of the questions were that difficult as they mostly consisted of different situations you would encounter and weather or not I would be comfortable being in that situation.   View Answer
    With no experience there is no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Allis, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Allis, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH in May 2009.

i applied online recived a phone call 5-6 days later had a phone interview... phone interview was very laid back... after my phone interview i recieved a phone call 2 hours later about setting up an inperson interview.... i made it for the following friday... that following friday came today and the in person interview was very nice.. i had the interview with the installer manager... he was really laid back and made the interview process really easy.. i asked alot of question to show i was very interested in the position which i am... interview lasted 45mins to a hour asked normal interview questions and was very truthfull about the hiring process.... he gave me a tour of the location..... after the interview i asked how did i do and he said i should be expecting good news within a couple days....then its physical and drug test time... so i will keep you guys updated but its looking pretty good.....

UPDATE:6/8/2011

i took the drug test,background check and dmv test and past them all... it took about a week for everything to come back today i was offered a job and class start monday 6/13/2011 but i have to take a physical firday and sign some new hire papers..... its looking good for me

6/9/11
    I took my physical test today and I passed everything I am officially an employee of Dish Network...
    Just remember when you take your physical your blood pressure is where it needs to be if not then you automatically fail the test.... But it was easy overall total process took less than a month from phone interview till today...

Good Luck

Interview Questions
    no negotiation the pay is what it is

Dish Network Installer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

telephone interview- asked about my ability to perform job duties (lifting weight, climbing, etc.)

Dish Network Installer Interview

Interview Questions
    • Does the company make you go somewhere corporate for a drug test or do they pay for it to be done On-site?   Answer Question

Dish Network Installer Interview

Was told to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paper work, no receptionist at desk. Stood there for 10 minutes until someone arrived and told me to sit and wait. Interviewer was nice and friendly. They seemed more nervous then me. Standard Interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy and most were multi step answers. They are looking for details.   Answer Question