DISH Dish Network Installer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.9

Dish Network Installer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Very straight forward interview. Friendly and pretty simple. The regional manager asked basic questions pertaining to expected job aspects. It was overall maybe twenty minutes from start to finish. I have to say that having prior experience with power tools and working at heights of twenty to forty feet is definitely a plus.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced working with power tools?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DISH (McKinney, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Scripted phone interview designed to quickly weed out applicants. Keep in mind, the hiring process is streamlined and fast paced to get people hired quickly. Wonder why they need people so badly? Why can't they keep people?

Interview Questions

• Would you be absolutely flexible working 4 days a week, mandatory OT and highly likely on weekends? (for $13.25 an hour)   2 Answers

Dish Network Installer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Well there was someone that called me, from Denver I think. It was a phone interview that went fairly well , guy was cool. Had a few questions about my history , I answered the questions and he scheduled me for an in person a few days after. This interview went ok, similar to the phone interview exept, it was much more sell yourself then dish sells themselves to you. You answer questions example : tell us about a time you went above and beyond at work. I hate these questions. My advice, be yourself , do some research on dish. Go in there as if you want the job, don't ever act like you NEED it. Stay calm and answer the questions promptly, act interested when they tell you about the job. It's hard in these situations to show them what a cool awesome dude you are, save that stuff for before and maybe after the interview. They like to see professional people , as long as you don't look like your on drugs , and you seem like a reasonable person your probably hired. Yes the questions are important , not crucial. Don't over due your answers , keep your answers believable. Honesty is the best policy . I looked up a few things about dish, and found a couple minutes to have a real conversation with them about the job, showed some enthusiasm about the different sales bonuses. They want salesmen, that are good with customers and are quick but thorough at their job. Be confident, I also suggest cutting your hair and removing any large piercings . You will be going into a bunch of different types of people's homes, look " put together" confident , and trustworthy. You do this, and your in. Also if you get hired, the background check can take weeks. I waited 3 weeks to start my first day of training. This, in my opinion , is too long of a wait for someone that needs a job. You would think dish would want people to hire on quicker. My only thought here, is they take time to look over candidates, and training classes only happen on certain dates. I guess I can't blame them for taking a second look at someone , they are trusting you with a company vehicle.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to problem solve.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond at work .   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you were recognized at work for something you did.   1 Answer
    • What motivates you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just agree with their offer, there honestly isn't much they can do. Their starting wage is set, just be optimistic, I mean think of all the opportunity ahead of you. Ya their benefits suck, but your job is everything YOU put into it. There is opportunity for raises and promotions every 3 months, bonuses weekly, a company truck and tools. Anyways they can't move much on wages, I tried for a dollar more, I got 5 cents more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH (Hickory, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

It was great I thought it would be a great company to work for, they were very nice and pleasant to talk to they didn't make u feel intimidated or that u weren't qualified they were willing to train and set u on the right path to success...they did fail to mention that u have to sale stuff and if u don't meet the standards they set for u within a certain time period they could fire you....nothing once was ever said about sale

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DISH (Mesa, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

I went to the interview and felt it went great. I have almost 20 years experience in the industry and the interviewers even told me I had all of the qualifications. I waited two weeks and got a form e-mail saying they had better qualified candidates for the position.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions asked about a situation where the installer did not have the needed equipment to finish a job, what should be done? 1 Tell the customer you don't have what they need and reschedule. 2. Go back to the warehouse and get the equipment and be late for the next job. 3. Call the supervisor and ask them to bring the piece of equipment that was needed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Morgantown, WV) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online, took a 3 hour long test and passed it. Received an email and set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you need to work on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Tucson, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online first, then took a couple of tests online, only took about 30 minutes.. I was then contacted for a phone interview, person was really nice and helpful. After that was contacted to go into a one on one interview at the office, interview was straight forward and pleasant. Was told if I was accepted they would send a email out to references and they did, however its been 3 weeks and still haven't heard anything back from dish network. Really hoping to get the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burleson, TX

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DISH (Burleson, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Last week, I had a phone interview that was really laid back and really easy. That led to being scheduled for a one on one interview.

Today was the interview. I was told to show up 15 minutes early to fill out some paper work (never filled any out though). 15 minutes after my interview time I finally had the interview. Common questions that weren't difficult. What made this interview very difficult was the fact that the guy interviewing me said that he was just informed that he had interviews. He said that the people who normally interview weren't available and he was 100% unorganized. He kept getting calls on his phone and at one point left me for 15 minutes to take a call. He seemed like a really nice guy, but I felt like he was just rushing through things to get me out of there. I had a couple of questions to ask based on being told one thing during the phone interview and seeing things in person, but didn't feel like I ever had the opportunity to ask.

He said he was going to talk to the other two guys and I'd get a call in a few days. I'd honestly be surprised if I did. With the lack of organization that seemed to be going on, I wouldn't be shocked if my information got lost.

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DISH (Chatsworth, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online in a rather lengthy and confusing process. After I applied about two days later I was called and interviews asking various questions. Mostly about if I could work weekends and handle working outdoors and things like that. After that I went in for a personal interview which took roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were easy basic interview questions about how you handle customer service and working with other people. It was really cut and dry.   Answer Question

I declined because granted the money was decent with good benefits but the actual job would have been unbearable. Be prepared to work a lot and have no time or social life. Listing the reasons why I declined.

-Terrible hours. They told me that I would be working from 8-8 Thursday through Sunday INCLUDING all major holidays. That would mean no family time and no social life and for a single guy in his early 30's that is a deal breaker right there but it gets worse.

-You keep the van. They want you to keep the service van at your house parked in a driveway or in a gated parking spot. I live in an apartment and street park so this is not an option for me.

-Required space. I was told I needed a 6x6 space in my apartment to keep boxes of dishes and cable boxes in at all times. Apparently you go lead up at the warehouse with this stuff then keep it in your house for safekeeping. I as most people do not have that space.

Combine that with climbing roofs and being in constant danger you might as well save yourself the trouble and learn a trade and get paid 3 times that amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH (Lacey, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied online and there was a shape matching test that took a while. contacted by phone for a phone interview which was pretty easy. Was contacted a few days later to set up an in person interview with pretty standard customer service questions. Once offered a job I had to take a drug test as well as a physical aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• I surprisingly didn't think any of the questions were that difficult as they mostly consisted of different situations you would encounter and weather or not I would be comfortable being in that situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

With no experience there is no negotiation