DISH Interview Questions in Englewood, CO

Updated Oct 6, 2014

74 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online – interviewed at DISH in September 2014.

I applied online for an Operations Analyst position in Englewood, CO and got a phone call the next week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly informational - the HR representative explained the position, asked me why I wanted to work at Dish, asked me if I would need a relocation package if hired (as I currently live on the East Coast with plans of relocating), and also answered any questions that I had. I expected to be asked about items on my resume/my past experience, but nothing of the sort was a topic of conversation.

I heard back from the HR rep the next day, saying that they wanted to move forward and schedule a Skype interview. I was informed that there would be three interviews back-to-back, each ~30 minutes long. My Skype interviews are scheduled for tomorrow. To be honest, I am posting this review so that my glassdoor all-access pass is not shut off before I can use it for more research before my interview. If possible, I will revisit this post at a later date to give an update on how the rest of my experience goes.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DISH in September 2014.

Application via online portal
    Invitation to take online assessment
    In person interview setup
    Arrive for in person interview, take two more assessments
    Interview with two people
    Recalled for second and third interviews with two more people each
    Drug screen and background check
    Verbal offer contingent on approval from C-level
    Offer letter

Interview Questions

It's a high pressure mill. In the three weeks it took them to approve the offer and send a formal offer letter, I had received a better offer from a different, much better company.

General Manager - Broadband Networks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in July 2014.

I had a quick initial call with a recruiter. That call was very energetic and upbeat. She asked about some specific resume questions and questions regarding my current job. After that she asked why I was looking to make a change in my work and location. After spending roughly 30 min on the phone, she told me that she would recommend me to her hiring manager.

She also told me that I would be asked to complete an online assessment to determine cognitive ability. It was also communicated to me that if I completed the assessment satisfactorily that I would be contacted to for another interview.

After completing the assessment, I received notification that I was to visit with her hiring manager. This interview would be conducted over the phone and should last around an hour. On the day of the interview, the recruiter called and indicated that the hiring manager would not be able to make the appointment and asked if I could reschedule for a later time slot. We agreed on a later time in the day to conduct the call.

When I received the call from the hiring manager, it was clear that he was not ready for the interview nor did he seem interested in visiting with me. He did not have access to my resume nor did he have access to the assessment and when I suggested that I could email him my resume he became very rude and dismissive. After a few minutes, he located my resume and asked me some very basic questions about the content of the resume. When he asked me if I had any questions, he was unable to answer them and deferred them back to the recruiter. We concluded the call with pleasantries and I believed that I would not hear back from Dish.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that I felt required deep thought or reflection. Perhaps this is because there was never a real and true interview.   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DISH in July 2014.

After I applied online I got an email and asked me to do the online assessment. Then three days later I got the HR prescreen Interview. At the end of the phone the HR scheduled me a technical phone Interview of Java. The technical phone interview was with two people. One with only java question and the other ask every technology you mentioned.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DISH in June 2014.

Process took 4+ weeks.

I applied online and got contacted by a recruiter almost immediately. Wasn't even a phone interview. He asked me about myself and then proceeded to talk about the job description and what the job responsibilities entailed. I seemed intrigued so I continued. He told me I had to do an assessment online which took about 2 hours and if I passed, we would set up an interview.

I ended up passing and we set up an interview a week later. I get to the company's building and I had to take ANOTHER assessment which was something like 55 questions in 2 minutes and you got penalized for wrong answers. I rushed through it all then got to interview.

I interviewed with 5 people; 2 manager, 2 high ups; and one supervisor all in the same interview! It look about an hour to do. One supervisor was unavailable. Questions asked were along the lines of my resume and work experience. Thought the interview went really well.

About a week later, I get a call from the recruiter saying the supervisor that was unavailable would like to interview with me. I was told that it would just be one person and myself, repeatedly. He told me over the phone, when we met, and right before the interview. The interview started and 2 supervisors came in and the recruiter decided to sit in with us. The questions were tougher and very specific. If you answered in a general term, they would ask you for specific examples and then with follow up questions to that.

I thought it went well. Recruiter called a week later letting me know they would like to move forward with me. I had to sign a waiver for a background check and get a drug test. They also called my references and made sure they spoke with them. I did all of what they asked.

One week passes, nothing.

Another week passes. nothing. (mind you, i've been calling the recruiter and asking what was going on)

The next week I get a phone call from the recruiter saying they are not going to move forward with me. Thanks a lot "Dish". Worst hiring process ever.

Interview Questions
    • What specifically did you do to improve at your last job?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DISH in June 2014.

1. SAT style on-line test. Math, verbal, social
    2. Phone Interview with HR
    3. Woderlink & Watson-Glasser test
    4. 1 on 1 and panel interviews
    5. Another 1 on1 interview with higher management
    Fairly routine, but thorough interview process. It did take a longer time than I would have preferred (3 months from first call to offer), but from what I have experienced and heard from others the time frame is somewhat normal for most companies these days. In my opinion the first SAT style assessment test was the most difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly routine interview questions - strengths, weaknesses, management style, why do you want to work for DISH?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just take it or leave it offer.

Operations Analyst - Employee Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in May 2014.

Hiring and Interview Process:
    Step 1: Applied for initial job and took initial assessments (math and verbal)
    Step 2: Pre-screen interview with recruiter. During this interview we discussed the position and my experiences.
    Step 3: Three assessment tests (verbal/reading comprehension; math; social media)
    Step 4: Phone interview with hiring manager. Once again we discussed the job and my job experiences.
    Step 5: Two more assessments (Wonderlic and Watson-Glaser)
    Step 6: Skype Interview. The interview was a behavior assessment asking critical thinking questions.
    Step 7: In-person interview

Interview Questions
    • You own a philly steak truck and you are loosing money. However, you have the same amount of customers who bought food the month prior. Name some potential reasons why you may be losing money. Basically, they are assessing your critical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DISH in April 2014.

I applied online. When I arrived for interview, recruiter told me the interview was for the next day (incorrect on his part!). I took online test and then waited for interview. A short while later, recruiter told me they were busy and did not have time to interview me. Very unprofessional company!!!!

Middleware Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DISH in March 2014.

Initially had Telephonic interview with project manager , after 2 weeks i got a call for In-person interview. Since i didn't get any calls for 2 weeks then i decided i would have screwed up in Initial round itself, In the interview panel they were four senior developers started my interview.No one asked my about the Java\j2ee questions.

Interview Questions
    • There is no diffcult question. they started with core questions and it lasted for 30 minutes, then gone through each questions from jsp,struts,spring,hibernate, and web services   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DISH in March 2014.

Invited to interview after an on-campus info session. There were two people in the interview, each asking questions. Very nice and easy-going. Almost all were behavior based questions. They hold a lot of wait on 'fitting in with the culture'. After the interview, they sent out an email with a survey/ assessment. It took about 90 minutes to complete.