DISH

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at DISH in June 2011.

Interview Details – 6 months of interviews and tests. Seemed very unorganized. Many phone interviews. Tests. It was easy but took a long time.

Interview Question – None. It's was a basic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was easy. They wouldn't move on the salary though.

Sanford, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DISH in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had 3 face-to-face interviews and 1 phone interview. Several computer tests or evaluations on how to handle situations. I was lied to by the recruiter, and the 3 face-to-face interviewers. I was told that I would only work 4-10 hour days with some overtime. After I started, I was told that I needed to work a minimum of 55 hour per week. This works out to 14 hour days.

Interview Question – None. The company states they are looking for leaders who think outside the box. The reality is they are targeting retired military because Dish thinks they will follow direction from upper management without asking questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotialble; take it or leave it. The $7,500 annual bonus is virtually unattainable.

Very Easy Interview

Field Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Great communication up until the actual interview at which point it should have been a red flag that it took 2 hours to find someone to interview me. The phone interview was not difficult and they communicate very well. At the oral interview was asked multiple questions that follow the standard what issue you had, how you handled it, and what you would have done differently. Stay calm you probably have more experience and ability to do the job than you may believe.

Interview Question – You will be asked multiple questions concerning how you deal with a problem. This is because the company is riddled with them. You will be expected to make up for all of the short comings of the dispatch system, management, and customer service. Stay calm your answer can be a problem you had in regular life events not just work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation even if you work twice as hard as other people you will still get the same salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in October 2012.

Interview Details – apply online took online assessment then called for inbox assessment done at office. then interviews with GM and OM then interview via phone with regional director and HR.

Interview Question – pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no pay is based on corporate pay scale.

Evansville, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DISH in October 2012.

Interview Details – Called by recruiter, pay was way low. Beware. You have take a lot of assesments which have little bearing on related job duties. A lot of interviews , it seems a lot of people need something to do so they have them join in on the interviewing process. Trust me , dish is not the the best in their game for a reason. It's all starts with their hiring process. The recruiter was very very misleading and unprofessional. The work life balance, stated by every discussed, 6am to when the last installer gets back. While your making 39k to 42k, your installers are pulling 14$ to 19$. Do the math.

Interview Question – Why dish. "wait you guys called me"   Answer Question

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied using the Dish Network website and received an email from a lady in Human Resources about a week later. She said that she had reviewed my resume and would like to speak to me on the phone. The next day she called exactly at the time she stated and we talked for about 30 minutes about my past work experiences and my goals, normal job interview stuff.

Interview Question – I always find the question about expected salary to be the hardest to answer   View Answer

Field Service Manager

I applied online and interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Applied to Dish online. After a month, I received Job Qualification Survey via email. Received call from HR after approval, wanted to move forward with employment process.
Interviewed with three separate individuals. Although I chose to go another direction, the entire process was handled very professionally.

Interview Question – How did you handle an employee that did not follow company policy?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Chose to go another direction.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!