DISH Field Service Specialist I Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Service Specialist I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DISH.

Apply online only, have a well rounded resume, and always try to be sure your application is seen.
This is how my Process played out ( i think)
Apply Online
Initial Phone Interview
In person Interview with Operations Manager
Drug Test
Final Interview With Operations Manager

Once I had the in-person interview, I was told pending everything else I would be hired.

Be professional, ask questions about how their office runs/benefits/hours.

After the initial phone interview about 30 days had passed. They said they would call me about setting up the in person interview. I called them back and they had forgotten. If I had never called, I would have never gotten the job!

Interview Questions
  • Was there ever a time you saw a coworker doing something you knew was wrong? What actions did you take to fix it?   Answer Question
Non-negotiable. Based on where your office is located, starting pay is around $14-$18 an hour. Work hard and you will 90% of the time have overtime.

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in September 2012.

I filled out an application online. I was called the next day by a dish recruiter to do a phone interview. She set up an appointment a couple days later for a 1 on 1 Interview. The 1 on 1 interview was pretty basic and generic. Normal SMART answers are what is wanted. I was told at the end of that interview that I would receive an email within 2 days to do a drug test and only had 2 days to complete it. After the drug test was the background check/processing wait which lasted about 2 weeks. I was then contacted to set up my training class. I had the option to go out of state with expenses paid the following Monday but I chose to wait another week and do the training at my home office.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you where in a situation where a customer was upset. How did you diffuse the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. Either you accept what they offer or you don't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at DISH in January 2011.

Online application is cumbersome and lengthy, with aptitude testing. Phone interview after 8 weeks from online application submitted. Phone interview ask's you to describe situations where you dealt with customers and employees and resolution, Interview with Hiring manager at location. Suit with tie is required. Technical questions, customer complaints and sales questioning.

No negotiations. Pay started at $18 per hour. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garner, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in August 2012.

Vigorous and serious. Wear a dress shirt, slacks good shoes and tie. Always have your A game at all times. 2-3 Interviews, written tests, impeccable driving and criminal record needed.

Interview Questions
    • Every question is difficult if you care and need a job. =) Just be honest, relax, and sell yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Castle Hayne, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Hayne, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in June 2012.

Quick phone interview then face to face interview with Installation Manager and FSM. Then drug test and background. After that they will call you with an offer and send you to training

No, no negotation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Allis, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Allis, WI

I interviewed online - interviewed at DISH in June 2010.

First fill out the application/survey online. Someone will contact you within a week for a quick phone interview. Then the physical, drug test, then interview with management.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward questions about your experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, their hourly rates are set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmers Branch, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX

The process took 5 days - interviewed at DISH in January 2012.

Skills test and personality test first. Tests online. Then if they are interested they will set up an initial phone interview. Next step is a one on one interview with at least the Installation Manager and possibly the GM of that area. Ifa mutual agreement is reached on employment then drug testing and background checks.
    You better have a clean driving record, driving skills and quality are VERY important to DIsh with good reason, we are a moving billboard on the streets.
    The office is a typical office, clean and has all needed equipment. Personalities of management and techs are very positive. Work culture is different from a lot of companies. Dish is focused on performance, very focused on quality (we have a QAS manager who randomly checks your jobs very thoroughly) and safety of employees with weekly training updates. There is a tendency to micro manage to some degree, but if you can perform well and have a POSITIVE attitude the managers will go out of their way to support you and let you work with out too much oversight.

Interview Questions
    • Giving examples of your past work solutions to customer issues where you had top be creative in your solution.   View Answer
    • Can you work within the described performance /pay system?   View Answer
    The pays is set in two of the offices in North Texas. There is a low hourly pay during training and probation period of 90 days. The work pay in two of the NTex offices is a performance based pay (reason is complex) rather than hourly. The method of computation is based on metrics which are rather cryptic and complicated. You can make a good salary if you are a fast, QUALITY oriented, safe worker and have or can develop great customer skills. You must be flexible and non judgmental and have respect for customers from a wide background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in April 2012.

The interview process was one of the best I've had so far. The first thing I did was apply online which took about 2 hours and consisted of the personality and skills test. About a week later I was contacted for a phone interview which was very laid back and easy. At the end of the interview they told me they were moving me on to a one on one interview the coming Friday. The one on one was once again very laid back and easy. The head manager actually told me to lean back and relax. The question were all very easy mainly questions about a/v setup and networking. Three days after the one on one I received a phone call stating that I had been moved on to the last step of the interview process which was a drug test, background check and reference check. About a week and a half after I received that phone call I got an email offering me the job. I accepted and was given a day to go sign my new hire paper work and I start training on the 30th.

Interview Questions
    • What's the best cable to use for setting up an hd connection? (a/v cables, composite or hdmi)   View Answer
    • Do you know how to set up a wireless network   View Answer
    n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

The process took 2 days - interviewed at DISH in July 2010.

Application takes about 2 hours to complete skills/IQ test online. Prior to interview, I was required to acquire a Motor Vehicle Record. Interview in office was pretty casual, speaking with 2 of the regular managers of the office. Immediately after the interview, I was sent to a drug testing facility in town. Almost everybody who interviews is hired, unless the office is already employed to full capacity.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with tools, home construction, and technology/   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in April 2011.

Phone Interview, some Behavioral based questions, then asked to take an IQ test, then a 1 on 1 interview,( over 2 hours long), then took a drug test and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond to get the job done   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!