DISH

Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Service Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DISH.

Apply online only, have a well rounded resume, and always try to be sure your application is seen.
This is how my Process played out ( i think)
Apply Online
Initial Phone Interview
In person Interview with Operations Manager
Drug Test
Final Interview With Operations Manager

Once I had the in-person interview, I was told pending everything else I would be hired.

Be professional, ask questions about how their office runs/benefits/hours.

After the initial phone interview about 30 days had passed. They said they would call me about setting up the in person interview. I called them back and they had forgotten. If I had never called, I would have never gotten the job!

Interview Questions
  • Was there ever a time you saw a coworker doing something you knew was wrong? What actions did you take to fix it?   Answer Question
Non-negotiable. Based on where your office is located, starting pay is around $14-$18 an hour. Work hard and you will 90% of the time have overtime.

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DISH in October 2013.

I received a telephone interview one business day after taking the test and filling out the application online. The questions were based on past work experience situations. Remember to keep safety as your number one priority. They will also ask hypothetical customer service questions. The call will be from their recruiting center in Denver. Should they like your responses, they will schedule you an interview with the site manager that same week. The telephone interview should last about 15 minutes.

You will be interviewed in person by the general and operations managers. They will ask you questions similar to the ones on the telephone. They will also ask you questions such as what have been your biggest goals, how have you dealt with a difficult customer, and the reasons why you have left your previous jobs.

In most cases, they do not check references or work experience. I gave them bogus google voice phone numbers and they did not call any of them. They do, however, conduct a drug test and check your background. They do check your MVR such as follows; past 3 years for minor traffic violations, past 5 years for accidents; past 7 years for DL suspensions; and past 10 years for DUI's. They do no conduct a physical. The hiring process takes about two months.

They will probably fly you or give you a rental car to go to the regional training center. They will provide with a $35 a day per diem, and you will share rooms with another trainee.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest goal in life? Name three of your biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in September 2012.

I filled out an application online. I was called the next day by a dish recruiter to do a phone interview. She set up an appointment a couple days later for a 1 on 1 Interview. The 1 on 1 interview was pretty basic and generic. Normal SMART answers are what is wanted. I was told at the end of that interview that I would receive an email within 2 days to do a drug test and only had 2 days to complete it. After the drug test was the background check/processing wait which lasted about 2 weeks. I was then contacted to set up my training class. I had the option to go out of state with expenses paid the following Monday but I chose to wait another week and do the training at my home office.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you where in a situation where a customer was upset. How did you diffuse the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. Either you accept what they offer or you don't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in August 2012.

Vigorous and serious. Wear a dress shirt, slacks good shoes and tie. Always have your A game at all times. 2-3 Interviews, written tests, impeccable driving and criminal record needed.

Interview Questions
    • Every question is difficult if you care and need a job. =) Just be honest, relax, and sell yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Hayne, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Hayne, NC

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in June 2012.

Quick phone interview then face to face interview with Installation Manager and FSM. Then drug test and background. After that they will call you with an offer and send you to training

No, no negotation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH in June 2012.

Applied, Phone Interview, Face the Face be formal and military, say yes to all request no matter what extreme. They need someone they can slave out. They will promise you alot of stuff and try to amaze you will nice things at first. Make it seem awesome and you have a future there. Don't believe it, use them like they will use you. Every thing is a game, and how well you tell him what you want to hear is was matters, not your skill, experience, or age.

Interview Questions
    • None, standard interview questions. Mention computer experience, say your willing to work weekends holidays and all times of night.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in April 2012.

The interview process was one of the best I've had so far. The first thing I did was apply online which took about 2 hours and consisted of the personality and skills test. About a week later I was contacted for a phone interview which was very laid back and easy. At the end of the interview they told me they were moving me on to a one on one interview the coming Friday. The one on one was once again very laid back and easy. The head manager actually told me to lean back and relax. The question were all very easy mainly questions about a/v setup and networking. Three days after the one on one I received a phone call stating that I had been moved on to the last step of the interview process which was a drug test, background check and reference check. About a week and a half after I received that phone call I got an email offering me the job. I accepted and was given a day to go sign my new hire paper work and I start training on the 30th.

Interview Questions
    • What's the best cable to use for setting up an hd connection? (a/v cables, composite or hdmi)   View Answer
    • Do you know how to set up a wireless network   View Answer
    n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DISH in January 2012.

Skills test and personality test first. Tests online. Then if they are interested they will set up an initial phone interview. Next step is a one on one interview with at least the Installation Manager and possibly the GM of that area. Ifa mutual agreement is reached on employment then drug testing and background checks.
    You better have a clean driving record, driving skills and quality are VERY important to DIsh with good reason, we are a moving billboard on the streets.
    The office is a typical office, clean and has all needed equipment. Personalities of management and techs are very positive. Work culture is different from a lot of companies. Dish is focused on performance, very focused on quality (we have a QAS manager who randomly checks your jobs very thoroughly) and safety of employees with weekly training updates. There is a tendency to micro manage to some degree, but if you can perform well and have a POSITIVE attitude the managers will go out of their way to support you and let you work with out too much oversight.

Interview Questions
    • Giving examples of your past work solutions to customer issues where you had top be creative in your solution.   View Answer
    • Can you work within the described performance /pay system?   View Answer
    The pays is set in two of the offices in North Texas. There is a low hourly pay during training and probation period of 90 days. The work pay in two of the NTex offices is a performance based pay (reason is complex) rather than hourly. The method of computation is based on metrics which are rather cryptic and complicated. You can make a good salary if you are a fast, QUALITY oriented, safe worker and have or can develop great customer skills. You must be flexible and non judgmental and have respect for customers from a wide background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH in April 2011.

Phone Interview, some Behavioral based questions, then asked to take an IQ test, then a 1 on 1 interview,( over 2 hours long), then took a drug test and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond to get the job done   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DISH in January 2011.

Online application is cumbersome and lengthy, with aptitude testing. Phone interview after 8 weeks from online application submitted. Phone interview ask's you to describe situations where you dealt with customers and employees and resolution, Interview with Hiring manager at location. Suit with tie is required. Technical questions, customer complaints and sales questioning.

No negotiations. Pay started at $18 per hour. Take it or leave it.