DISH General Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2014
Updated May 22, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DISH in December 2011.

I was interviewed a total of 8 times. I was flown to Denver for a 8 hour time frame for one interview after another. I personally thought that it was a very good way to ensure that you were making a sound decision bringing on a new employee.

Interview Questions
  • If I was unsuccessful at building a successful team after 5 years what steps would I take to change course?   View Answer
No negotiations, I wanted in

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH in July 2013.

I applied for the position online. I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. We spent about 40 minutes on the phone, going over the responsibilities, my history, etc. I was told I would have to take an assessment test online to continue in the process, which I could complete in the next week or so. I felt the interview went very well; it was a very friendly and relaxed conversation.

I completed the online assessment, managing to answer all the questions in less than the time allowed. For the most part, I was quite confident in my answers. There were some questions regarding the math and mechanics of business operations, and some that were more targeted at determining personality.

Once I completed the test, I contacted the recruiter again by email. He thanked me and indicated that I should be hearing something from them.

During the phone interview, the recruiter indicated that even if the GM position did not work out, they would still be interested in talking about other management positions in the area, and that they would definitely be keeping in touch regarding this. However, I have heard nothing since then. The lack of further communications is disappointing (given the prior enthusiasm) but sadly is all to common now. A simple "no thanks" would have gone a long way.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment test is actually somewhat difficult in parts.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in January 2013.

They reached out to me through a referral. Initial screening call with HR where we just walked through my resume - no salary questions. They then had me do 3 assessments online (think GMAT type of questions and some specific to marketing) - Dish is big with assessment tests. Then they had me come in to meet with the hiring manager, but before doing so had two more assessment tests to take including the Wonderlic test (same one given to NFL players). After a week the HR recruiter got back to me letting me know they were going with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing....it was a very uninspired interviewing process where in both interviews they had me walk through my resume. I really needed to take control of the interviews to get anything out of them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at DISH in June 2012.

Many layers and the "Gauntlet". A one day, eight person executive interview in Colorado.

Interview Questions
    • They are all somewhat unexpected until you spend a few months at the company and realize it is hell. Named the "Worst Company to Work For" is a gross understatement.   Answer Question
    They compensation board names it.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!