DISH Interview Questions in Houston, TX

1.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DISH in February 2015.

Extensive lots of open ended questions. Asked about previous work situations and how you will handle customers and their reactions. It's a cable company with lots of branches so they want to see where you fit in and how you will handle yourself. The interview was laid back but the surprise drug test was bad.

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge about call centers
      will drug test on spot with mouth swab

Answer Question

Field Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in April 2012.

The interview process was one of the best I've had so far. The first thing I did was apply online which took about 2 hours and consisted of the personality and skills test. About a week later I was contacted for a phone interview which was very laid back and easy. At the end of the interview they told me they were moving me on to a one on one interview the coming Friday. The one on one was once again very laid back and easy. The head manager actually told me to lean back and relax. The question were all very easy mainly questions about a/v setup and networking. Three days after the one on one I received a phone call stating that I had been moved on to the last step of the interview process which was a drug test, background check and reference check. About a week and a half after I received that phone call I got an email offering me the job. I accepted and was given a day to go sign my new hire paper work and I start training on the 30th.

Interview Questions
    • What's the best cable to use for setting up an hd connection? (a/v cables, composite or hdmi)   View Answer
    • Do you know how to set up a wireless network   View Answer
    n/a

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in March 2011.

It was fairly quick and the interviewing coach was nice. Was made to feel comfortable and at ease.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation where you had to change some work in a small amount of time?   Answer Question

Installation Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at DISH in June 2009.

Very simple, minimal question just able to perform training

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH in October 2008.

1 interview, asked about previous jobs and how it related. how i thought this stuff worked. elaborated on each of those and i was in. i think now they are looking for sales experience, i think interviews are a bit more selective now

Interview Questions
    • to explain how satellite tv worked. just watch the cable guy, it will teach you all you should know   Answer Question