DISH

Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH in July 2014.

I applied online through Indeed.com. I received a phone call from the recruiter to schedule an hour long phone interview with her. Basic phone interview with some behavioral type questions. Felt the professionalism of the recruiter lacked when talking bad about the person previously in the position. After the conversation ended she said she would send me the assessment that would take an hour and that they send this to every person interviewing at Dish. The assessment consisted of math, reading comprehension, and social media. As an HR professional who worked for various well known top companies, I think this interview assessment is not the best way to sort through talent and very outdated. The questions were similar to the SAT’s you took in HS. After going through this process, I received a note that the manager has passed on my resume and I wouldn’t be moving forward in the process.

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DISH.

Applications are done online, screener makes contact, you will be sent links to a battery of assessment tests; should you "pass", the hiring manager interviews onsite or via phone and if you move forward in the process be ready to interview with up to 5 managers. The process can take up to 3 months and be prepared to provide transcripts, paystubs, 3 prior manager references, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH in May 2010.

A recruiter contacted me and quickly scheduled a phone interview. It went well and she got back to me within two days to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager also went well, so the recruiter called me back very quickly to schedule a video/voicechat interview with the director. I scheduled to have that day off so I could be at home for the interview. The director never called. Within a few days, a different recruiter e-mailed me to see if she could set up a time for an interview with the same director. I elected not to move forward with the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager. How did you handle it and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DISH in October 2009.

The interview process was very pleasant, aside from waiting for extended periods of time to hear back from the company.

The process began with a very casual initial interview at my University. Two employees interviewed me for about half an hour, strictly behavioral. I then had to complete HOURS worth of assessments and write a short paper, and upon evaluation of those assessments was invited to the three-day-long College Summit at the Corporate Headquarters in Englewood, CO.

The Summit was very well-organized. All 50-60 college students present were flown out to Denver and stayed in the Curtis Hotel downtown for two nights. We had two elegant dinners (with the CEO) and spent a day in four or five interviews with executives. After being offered a position with the company, they have taken weeks to get back to me with the specific offer details.

All in all, though, a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision based on little or no information.   Answer Question
    Haven't reached that phase yet, since they still haven't gotten back to me with the offer details.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DISH in March 2011.

Long process... lots of assessments and then lots of intervieww, coming in multiple times to meet with different people each time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected or difficult, just mostly discussed my experience   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, I tried but they do not negotiate so go in knowing your salary you want to make and state it up front, etc.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH in February 2010.

The intial phone interview consisted of several interview questions such as why do you want to work for our company,
    Some of the things she asked were in regards to my past internships, even though I had full-time experience afterwards related to position and why I was looking for a job now.
    I completed assessment, which I had a little bit of trouble accessing and had to do trouble shooting. The assessments I didn't think were correlated to necessary skills for the job.
    The interviewer was respectful and shared good information.

Interview Questions
    • What did you dislike about your past employer?   Answer Question
    • What were some of your accomplishments during your past internships?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DISH in January 2010.

I was contacted by someone in HR and she asked me some questions about my experiences and what made me interested in applying for Dish Network. After our short phone interview she invited me to come in for an interview. After I arrived she took me into a small room where she did another short interview then led me to a room with computers where I did some IQ/Intelligence type of testing. Then an employee from the team I applied for came and took me into another room where we started talking about the job and the manager later came in and we just talked about why I was interested in the position I was applying for and my past experiences. It was a very casual and laid back interview.