DISH Human Resources Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.5

Human Resources Representative Interview

Interview

The process itself wasn't terrible - a few online assessments, and spoke with three different people in the office. I never received one bit of follow up with regards to this interview. A week and a half later, I received a call from a different recruiter at Dish than the one I had been working with, inviting me to interview with the company for a completely different position than the one I applied for (one which I had no interest in), with no mention as to my previous interview the week before! I chose not to continue with the process, as the whole experience left a rather bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Phone interview, then face-to-face interview, drug/bg test, final phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I was happy with the offer.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

It seemed like a normal interview; but they seem to want to improve their names by having a good interview process with many candidates. Felt like the only benefit was that it improved my interviewing skills. Somewhat felt like a waste of time though.

Interview Questions

• They ask about different terms in human resources in a quiz type style. They also have many computer assessments which are time consuming. The questions were mostly normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Centereach, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DISH (Centereach, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Never got thehiring manager in the process. The recruiter kept me in the loop but the manager blew off a phone interview and never had the courtsey to reschedule as told by the recruiter. Not very candidate friendly in my opinion.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH (Marietta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

There was about 25 emailed questions that you had to answer in detail describing everything from your experience with change management to benefits and administration. There was a phone interview that followed with many questions being repetitious of what was asked in the emailed questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the HR profession and why did you choose a career in human resources?   1 Answer
    • Please provide (in detail) your experience with Leadership development.   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DISH in August 2011.

Interview

DISH Network's interview process is both a lengthy and somewhat unorganized/inefficient process. My initial contact with the company started with an unscheduled phone interview with their dedicated recruiter for the region. I was then asked to take an online assessment that took approximately two (2) hours to complete. This assessment is very similar to the SAT taken in high school. Next up was an in-person interview between the position's manager (HR Manager) and the current person in the position about three weeks after the initial contact with the recruiter. During the same visit, I had a one-on-one interview with an Installation Manager who was from one of the region's locations. I was also asked to complete the Wonderlic (a 12 minute timed test) at the same location, which again is an intelligence based test. After the in-person interviews, I was then moved on to speaking with a Director of HR via phone (approximately an hour long). After this conversation I was asked to return to a DISH Network location to complete a Critical Thinking assessment (approximately a 20 minute test). This was followed by an interview via Skype with the VP of HR (another hour long interview) from home. Unfortunately Skype is not the best way to conduct an interview and the VP stated he had never had much success with it. About half way through the interview we gave up trying to get Skype to work and finished the interview over the phone. I was asked to complete another (and final) test that was a 14 minute timed test from home that focused on internet/social media knowledge. The final interview consisted of speaking with the Exec VP of HR (over Skype again, with the same result). I was then sent for a drug screen and all three of my references were called. In the end I was informed that I would not be offered the position due to lack of experience. I'm not sure how that got missed after all the interviews/tests. But I was told that the Executive team has final say in the decision making process and they made that call. While I was definitely disappointed in the outcome, I was also frustrated by what seemed to be both a waste of my time and the time of DISH Network's if lack of experience was the real reason for release from the position. I can fully appreciate a lengthy interview process as it allows for both the candidate/employer to determine if the fit is the right one, but to go to these lengths and then get knocked out for something that could have easily been screened within the first 2 - 3 interviews suggests a lack of efficiency and organization in their recruitment process. Overall, the actual interview process was pretty standard in terms of questions asked. I was never asked any question that threw me off guard or were truly 'thinking' questions. All the members of the DISH Network team that I spoke with or met were very amicable and easy to talk to. On average each interview took about an hour to complete whether it was over the phone or in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a difficult employee relations issue. What was the issue and what was the end result?   Answer Question