DISH Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO).

Interview

You have to Complete aptitude test for personality and knowledge on site. Wait 15 minutes for an interview. Started a few days later. I think they may have changed this since that time. I believe it has changed to an online assessment and then two in person interviews on the same day.

Interview Questions

• sell me this pen. And what's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set commission plan. You make $30 + per sale. You can end up making 60000+ per year.

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH in December 2014.

Interview

Dish seemed to be very quick on the turn around. I applied online, took the online assessment on a Friday and was in for a face to face interview by the following Tuesday. Interviewed with a very sharp young manager who told me the upside potential for the top 2% was a six figure income, which he had achieved in his first year.

Interview Questions

• If a customer that you qualified for the "right plan" told you she could afford it, but that the rest of the month was going to be tough, what would you do, or how would you respond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, 2 weeks training @ $10/hr then 2 weeks at $10/hr OR commissions whichever was greater

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Multiple interviews that are very combative. They try to get you to lose your composure. I understand why they do it; Dish customers can be very abusive and you have to control your temper. One of the interviewers seemed quite racist and tried multiple times to make race baiting questions. The fact that I am caucasian made his efforts seem quite comical and unprofessional. Again, it seems to be part of the screening process because Dish employees are subjected to that behavior from their customers.

Interview Questions

• There were really no unexpected questions. It's the atmosphere of the interview that is quite unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is pretty easy. They are quick to hire as they have difficulty staffing due to their reputation. No HR involvement whatsoever, all interviews conducted by sales management. They make a decision very fast. I needed a job and they hired quickly. Overall the whole hiring process is pleasant but I wish I had not accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.....it's 10.00 an hour.....period!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH in January 2014.

Interview

3 Part interview process. You receive a phone interview, if they like you they schedule a face to face interview with HR, if that goes well you interview with Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pine Brook, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH (Pine Brook, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

Received an email and interviewed with a coach and hr and sales manager all in the same day.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

I did the online application and the online assessments. Then someone from Colorado gave me a telephone interview. She set me up for a face to face interview in phoenix. The interviewer seemed to like the interview. He went to get the recruiter to give me a tour and he came back and said to go home that they will contact me in 2 to 3 days. They may have more assessment tests for me to take. So I waited 2 days. Then exactly 72 hours later, I get a automated email telling me they are going on to other candidates. Have a clue. They Probably sent me home giving me hope of being hired and scheduled a automated email at the same time. I don't think it is fair and do not like the way they do it. Why is someone ok after taking the online assessments and doing a telephone interview but very quickly gets discounted when doing a face to face interview. What are you guys looking for in a candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH (Tempe, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, online assessment test, and then a face to face interview. The assessment is a great introduction to what you will be doing. It forces you to spend a hour or two doing redundant sales scenarios in a simulator. If you can't stomach this part, don't take the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work 70 or 80 hours a week, nights and weekends.   1 Answer

Wife didn't want me working all those hours. I was working my own business, so the hours I was working was from home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Starts off with applying, then on to an assessment with situations and math questions. Next to the phone interview and then the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty basic, the manager had me tell him about my work history in sales and also do a role play and sell him something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

Quick interview with a Sales Manager followed by an HR representative. I was then taken to a computer to which had a call center simulation program. The program had several scenarios designed to test one's customer service and sales skills; this was by far the longest portion of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions during this interview.   Answer Question