DISH Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I did a 10 minute phone interview. They basically just described the compensation and hours. I was scheduled for an in person interview the following day. The woman I spoke with was very nice and answered all of my questions. She explained the commission tier very well and in a lot of detail.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle objection?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO).

Interview

Applied through indeed. Received call the next day from HR for a phone interview. Did online assessment and call center test online. In person interview with two managers that lasted 30 minutes plus each. Awesome call center environment. Said I moved to the background check stage and Id hear back the following week. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

When hr contacted me to do a phone interview they were polished and pite. During the interview I was told by the sales manager that this job would be a big grind and that I would be so tired. I found this to be presumptious and rude. I was also told that I would be expected to ask potential customers to pawn their possessions in order to pay the cable start up fees. Very rude and high pressure.

Interview Questions

• Have you researched the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO).

Interview

You have to Complete aptitude test for personality and knowledge on site. Wait 15 minutes for an interview. Started a few days later. I think they may have changed this since that time. I believe it has changed to an online assessment and then two in person interviews on the same day.

Interview Questions

• sell me this pen. And what's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set commission plan. You make $30 + per sale. You can end up making 60000+ per year.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH in December 2014.

Interview

Dish seemed to be very quick on the turn around. I applied online, took the online assessment on a Friday and was in for a face to face interview by the following Tuesday. Interviewed with a very sharp young manager who told me the upside potential for the top 2% was a six figure income, which he had achieved in his first year.

Interview Questions

• If a customer that you qualified for the "right plan" told you she could afford it, but that the rest of the month was going to be tough, what would you do, or how would you respond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, 2 weeks training @ $10/hr then 2 weeks at $10/hr OR commissions whichever was greater

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Multiple interviews that are very combative. They try to get you to lose your composure. I understand why they do it; Dish customers can be very abusive and you have to control your temper. One of the interviewers seemed quite racist and tried multiple times to make race baiting questions. The fact that I am caucasian made his efforts seem quite comical and unprofessional. Again, it seems to be part of the screening process because Dish employees are subjected to that behavior from their customers.

Interview Questions

• There were really no unexpected questions. It's the atmosphere of the interview that is quite unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is pretty easy. They are quick to hire as they have difficulty staffing due to their reputation. No HR involvement whatsoever, all interviews conducted by sales management. They make a decision very fast. I needed a job and they hired quickly. Overall the whole hiring process is pleasant but I wish I had not accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.....it's 10.00 an hour.....period!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH in January 2014.

Interview

3 Part interview process. You receive a phone interview, if they like you they schedule a face to face interview with HR, if that goes well you interview with Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DISH (Chandler, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

was asked brief questions about sales experience. was asked situational questions concerning the current role of a sales associate. was asked about different ways to close a customer. did a computer-based course which lasted about 30 minutes consisting of a customer service phone representative directing calls to various departments. was asked about flexibility of working hours

Interview Questions

• suppose a customer calls in looking for information and you spent over an hour explaining the product and they tell you that they want to call back what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pine Brook, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Pine Brook, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

Received an email and interviewed with a coach and hr and sales manager all in the same day.