DISH

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH in December 2014.

Dish seemed to be very quick on the turn around. I applied online, took the online assessment on a Friday and was in for a face to face interview by the following Tuesday. Interviewed with a very sharp young manager who told me the upside potential for the top 2% was a six figure income, which he had achieved in his first year.

Interview Questions
  • If a customer that you qualified for the "right plan" told you she could afford it, but that the rest of the month was going to be tough, what would you do, or how would you respond?   View Answer
none, 2 weeks training @ $10/hr then 2 weeks at $10/hr OR commissions whichever was greater

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at DISH.

Multiple interviews that are very combative. They try to get you to lose your composure. I understand why they do it; Dish customers can be very abusive and you have to control your temper.

One of the interviewers seemed quite racist and tried multiple times to make race baiting questions. The fact that I am caucasian made his efforts seem quite comical and unprofessional. Again, it seems to be part of the screening process because Dish employees are subjected to that behavior from their customers.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no unexpected questions. It's the atmosphere of the interview that is quite unexpected.   Answer Question
    no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pine Brook, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in May 2013.

Received an email and interviewed with a coach and hr and sales manager all in the same day.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH.

I did the online application and the online assessments. Then someone from Colorado gave me a telephone interview. She set me up for a face to face interview in phoenix. The interviewer seemed to like the interview. He went to get the recruiter to give me a tour and he came back and said to go home that they will contact me in 2 to 3 days. They may have more assessment tests for me to take. So I waited 2 days. Then exactly 72 hours later, I get a automated email telling me they are going on to other candidates. Have a clue. They Probably sent me home giving me hope of being hired and scheduled a automated email at the same time. I don't think it is fair and do not like the way they do it. Why is someone ok after taking the online assessments and doing a telephone interview but very quickly gets discounted when doing a face to face interview. What are you guys looking for in a candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH in September 2012.

Starts off with applying, then on to an assessment with situations and math questions. Next to the phone interview and then the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty basic, the manager had me tell him about my work history in sales and also do a role play and sell him something.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in September 2012.

Phone interview, online assessment test, and then a face to face interview. The assessment is a great introduction to what you will be doing. It forces you to spend a hour or two doing redundant sales scenarios in a simulator. If you can't stomach this part, don't take the job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work 70 or 80 hours a week, nights and weekends.   View Answer

Wife didn't want me working all those hours. I was working my own business, so the hours I was working was from home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH in August 2012.

Quick interview with a Sales Manager followed by an HR representative. I was then taken to a computer to which had a call center simulation program. The program had several scenarios designed to test one's customer service and sales skills; this was by far the longest portion of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly difficult questions during this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online – interviewed at DISH in June 2012.

i had 1 phone interview, then you go personally to dish to take your online assessment they call you if you pass. then you go a second time for your face to face interview you see your Coach first then the site manager and last and HR rep. each one interviews you. be prepared to be there about 3 hours hr.

there is none everyone gets paid 10 dollar and our or your commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pine Brook, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH in March 2012.

Easy. They just fill seats. It is a one on one to see if you can speak and are sober. If you speak Spanish you get treated better and put in the best team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at DISH in September 2011.

The hiring and interview process went well, but he did ask if I was married.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation. They said it was about $60,000 to $70,000 for the first year but even as a top performer, I don't think I would have come close to this. It was more like $20,000+.