DISH Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DISH (Boulder, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Had completed the general intern application back in January. Got a call in February about the interview. Did not receive any mail for the interview. Just received a direct call saying the interview is scheduled tomorrow. In the interview, I was asked very general questions. Nothing technical or specific. 2 or more days later, almost all the participants get a reject mail. The only 2 candidates who were selected also got a mail later saying that there were kept on a wait-list.

Interview Questions

• They asked me mostly from my resume. What was my field of interest, some behavioral questions, how much I was competent in Linux, Networking   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Got a call the same day to schedule an interview with hiring manager the next day. Got an email a couple days later regarding an online assessment that took around 75 min. The final stage was to submit a video cover letter.

Interview Questions

• Strength and Weakness. Tell me about a time when you asked for extra responsibilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a 4 round process. Initially I had to complete a quiz before I will be qualified for the next round. Later there was a behavioral round, a video recorded cover letter and final selection.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in January 2015.

Interview

I made initial contact and submitted my resume with them at a university career fair. I got a phone call later that night to schedule an interview for the next day. The interview was with two people: a recent hire and an upper level executive. The interview was pretty conversational with a few behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to inspire a person or a group of people to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DISH (Spartanburg, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

I met the HR in my college career fair and got a call from him the very next day. He asked me to clear an aptitude test to proceed furthur. I cleared the test and went for plant visit. I was surprised to see 15 more people for the internship position. After a brief intro to all the mangers from different departments, we went for the plant tour. At the end, the HR manager told us that they will call for interviews. But the very next day, two of my friends got the internship offer.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Invited to interview after an on-campus info session. There were two people in the interview, each asking questions. Very nice and easy-going. Almost all were behavior based questions. They hold a lot of wait on 'fitting in with the culture'. After the interview, they sent out an email with a survey/ assessment. It took about 90 minutes to complete.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very friendly interview to see if youd fit the company culture

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiters at my school's Career Fair and then talked to them again that night at an Information Session. They had the applicants submit an application with resume that night and then they made phone calls that night if you were asked to come in for an interview. Interviews were the next morning and the questions were pretty basic (name a time you were working on a team and things weren't going well, name two things you are most proud of). I got an email the following week that I made it to the next round which involved an online assessment (verbal skills, math skills, and then a more technology/social media focused section) and then two days later I got another email asking to submit a 1-2 minute video cover letter. After that I got an email saying I made it to the final round and the next week I got a phone call offering me an internship. Along with the offer over the phone I was sent an email with the details and a formal offer that I had a week to respond to.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

DISH has an amazing intern program, but I didn't feel like they sold it as well as they could have in the initial presentation. That said, it was good enough to get me to apply. My interview was very unstructured, more like a conversation than a Q & A. Ultimately, that was to my benefit but I feel like there were great things about me that we never got around to discussing.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't that many questions which was the most unexpected part.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

Basic interview after meeting at a Career Fair. General interview questions, describe a time when etc.