DISH

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Englewood, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DISH in March 2014.

Interview Details – Invited to interview after an on-campus info session. There were two people in the interview, each asking questions. Very nice and easy-going. Almost all were behavior based questions. They hold a lot of wait on 'fitting in with the culture'. After the interview, they sent out an email with a survey/ assessment. It took about 90 minutes to complete.

Interview Question – No technical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH in February 2014.

Interview Details – I met the recruiters at my school's Career Fair and then talked to them again that night at an Information Session. They had the applicants submit an application with resume that night and then they made phone calls that night if you were asked to come in for an interview. Interviews were the next morning and the questions were pretty basic (name a time you were working on a team and things weren't going well, name two things you are most proud of). I got an email the following week that I made it to the next round which involved an online assessment (verbal skills, math skills, and then a more technology/social media focused section) and then two days later I got another email asking to submit a 1-2 minute video cover letter. After that I got an email saying I made it to the final round and the next week I got a phone call offering me an internship. Along with the offer over the phone I was sent an email with the details and a formal offer that I had a week to respond to.

Interview Question – Name two things you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Interviewed at DISH

Interview Details – Very friendly interview to see if youd fit the company culture

Interview Question – Time you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – DISH has an amazing intern program, but I didn't feel like they sold it as well as they could have in the initial presentation. That said, it was good enough to get me to apply. My interview was very unstructured, more like a conversation than a Q & A. Ultimately, that was to my benefit but I feel like there were great things about me that we never got around to discussing.

Interview Question – There really weren't that many questions which was the most unexpected part.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Basic interview after meeting at a Career Fair. General interview questions, describe a time when etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you failed to implement a plan.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – After my resume was chosen I had a short phone call with a recruiter. The recruiter was friendly and indicated that I would be moving onto the next phase of the interview process. The next phase included an online test. This was a basic aptitude test that focused on math and verbal. I heard the same afternoon that I would be doing a skype interview. The interview went well (except for some minor technical difficulties). The whole process took about two weeks from start to finish.

Interview Question – I was asked about a time that I had changed my mind twice while working on a group project, yet was still able to arrive at a successful solution within the deadline.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – I had a few different interviews with different supervisors and managers over the phone. Each interview was strongly based around behavioral questions rather than technical expertise. After the initial round of behavior interview there are a series of computerized assessments that involve math skills and logic based assumptions. A little refresher in arithmatic is all that is reallyl necessary to pass these assessments.

Interview Question – Who are you?   View Answer

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initially applied online through my school's career site, I needed to submit a resume and a general statement. Then I was selected for a skype interview which was conducted by two people. They asked me to go over my resume and skills. Then they asked me a few questions like why I wanted to work for DISH, where did I see myself in 5 years, etc. Then the next round consisted of 3 exams: one math, one basic understanding, and then a modern portion which asked a lot of questions about social media, computers, etc. I thought I did pretty well but I didn't get invited to the final round of interviews which included DISH flying the potential interns to Denver. I'm assuming they pay for very few people to fly, it seemed pretty competitive.

Interview Questions

• What sets DISH apart from the other companies your looking at?   Answer Question
  • Other than GPA and test scores, what do you think is important to have to succeed in the workplace, especially such a rapidly evolving company such as DISH?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DISH in January 2011.

Interview Details – You are given an interview. It is half an hour and with two employees. This is for their internship program. They ask you to talk about your resume and then asked you behavioral questions. If you advance to the next stage, they give you a test that takes 2 to 3 hours.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you faced a difficult decision and had to make a quick decision. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DISH in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very long and lacks communication of all the steps involved. Interview is pure behavioral and very conversational.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self?   Answer Question

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!