DISH Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.7

Production Associate Interview

Takes a long time every time I give up on hearing back from them they call me for the next step just finished drug test today. Background is said top be the longest part to wait to hear results about did background lady week

Installer Technician Interview

Application- straight forward.
    Assessment test- easy
    phone interview-easy, about past work history.
    In person interview- I wore a suite and tie and it lasted about an hour. There were two interviewers. Asked a lot of customer service related questions.

Interview Questions
    Not much of a negotiation but was offered to start at $17 an hour.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in September 2014.

Applied online. I filled out a personality/behavioral tests then went through a computer simulation of a call center. It wasn't hard but took a while to finish. I got a phone interview the next day, lasted about 15 minutes. Discussed job expectations and how long training would last. Scheduled 1on1 interview the following Monday. No real hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like/ not like about your previous jobs? Can you handle a fast pace environment? Most questions focused on customer service.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH in September 2014.

Applied online, took an assessment test and got a call 2 days later to set up an in person interview. Did the in person and got an offer email through email a week later. I would call the interview a positive one simply because from the moment they called to the in person interview every single person was completely honest with the requirements. They even went as far to say the job is not easy and requires long hours. I accepted because of the previous stated reason, very honest and upfront. I can confirm that after being hired every question I asked was answered honestly.

I did not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at DISH.

Applied online, then had a preliminary telephone interview with a recruiter. When we got to the point to discuss salary requirements, we were $40,000 apart. I was shocked at the salary they were offering for a project manager position, especially since they were desiring a PM with their PMP certification.

Operations Analyst I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in August 2014.

1. Apply online, 2. Take tedious 30 minute online timed test, 3. Speak to a recruiter for a pre-interview, 4. Hear back from the recruiter for an interview scheduling, 5. Come in for an interview, 6. Take extra-tedious 1.5 hour timed computer test, 7. Speak to the hiring manager, 8. wait a week and get a response of the results. They obviously want to get a maximum amount of applicants to apply for their positions and screen them down.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DISH in August 2014.

I applied through indeed a week later I received a call from a recruiter. My interview with the recruiter went well, I was told to take three assessments & that I would move on to the second round of the process. Maybe a day later, I had a Skype interview with the hiring manager. Then I was called the next day, which was on a Thursday, to schedule an onsite interview with the Recruiter & HR Associate for the next day. Again, this interview went well & I took two more assessments. The next week I was scheduled for another Skype interview with the Director of HR for the following week. My interview with her went well, I thought, but guess I was wrong. I asked her next steps because I thought we were at the end of the interview process & I was told there would be additional onsite interviews with her & the hiring manager again. A week later I was called by a different recruiter from Dish about another position I applied for. I did a HireVue interview were you read the question & record yourself answering the question. Based on your answers you would move on to the telephone interview with the recruiter. I had an interview with the recruiter the next day. I felt the interview went really well with him. In the beginning of the interview he told me that if he felt I wasn't a good fit he would let me know during the interview, that way he wouldn't waste my time. I informed him of the other position I had been interviewing with & he said he would reach out to the other recruiter to see were I was in the process. He told me he would be in touch by the next week & if I don't hear from him to email him a big question mark. That same day I was email & thanked for my time for the HR Manager position; however, I still had hope since I was interviewing for the Sr HR Rep position. A couple days later I was informed that I wouldn't be moving on for that position as well.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about your resume & what you did in previous positions.   Answer Question

Tech Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Enterprise, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enterprise, AL

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at DISH in September 2014.

Filled out application at night. I was called the next morning for a phone interview. interview went good, I was asked about specifics from my application and resume. The recruiter was quite friendly and seemed impressed with my answers. I was given an appointment for an in person interview on my next day off which was about 5 days. I am still awaiting that interview and will try to post results later.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was who else have I applied to work for and have they called me for an interview yet. Also how long have I been seeking new employment.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online - interviewed at DISH in September 2014.

I applied online for an Operations Analyst position in Englewood, CO and got a phone call the next week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly informational - the HR representative explained the position, asked me why I wanted to work at Dish, asked me if I would need a relocation package if hired (as I currently live on the East Coast with plans of relocating), and also answered any questions that I had. I expected to be asked about items on my resume/my past experience, but nothing of the sort was a topic of conversation.

I heard back from the HR rep the next day, saying that they wanted to move forward and schedule a Skype interview. I was informed that there would be three interviews back-to-back, each ~30 minutes long. My Skype interviews are scheduled for tomorrow. To be honest, I am posting this review so that my glassdoor all-access pass is not shut off before I can use it for more research before my interview. If possible, I will revisit this post at a later date to give an update on how the rest of my experience goes.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DISH in June 2014.

Process took 4+ weeks.

I applied online and got contacted by a recruiter almost immediately. Wasn't even a phone interview. He asked me about myself and then proceeded to talk about the job description and what the job responsibilities entailed. I seemed intrigued so I continued. He told me I had to do an assessment online which took about 2 hours and if I passed, we would set up an interview.

I ended up passing and we set up an interview a week later. I get to the company's building and I had to take ANOTHER assessment which was something like 55 questions in 2 minutes and you got penalized for wrong answers. I rushed through it all then got to interview.

I interviewed with 5 people; 2 manager, 2 high ups; and one supervisor all in the same interview! It look about an hour to do. One supervisor was unavailable. Questions asked were along the lines of my resume and work experience. Thought the interview went really well.

About a week later, I get a call from the recruiter saying the supervisor that was unavailable would like to interview with me. I was told that it would just be one person and myself, repeatedly. He told me over the phone, when we met, and right before the interview. The interview started and 2 supervisors came in and the recruiter decided to sit in with us. The questions were tougher and very specific. If you answered in a general term, they would ask you for specific examples and then with follow up questions to that.

I thought it went well. Recruiter called a week later letting me know they would like to move forward with me. I had to sign a waiver for a background check and get a drug test. They also called my references and made sure they spoke with them. I did all of what they asked.

One week passes, nothing.

Another week passes. nothing. (mind you, i've been calling the recruiter and asking what was going on)

The next week I get a phone call from the recruiter saying they are not going to move forward with me. Thanks a lot "Dish". Worst hiring process ever.

Interview Questions
    • What specifically did you do to improve at your last job?   Answer Question

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!