DISH Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.6

Region Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I applied on-line and researched a recruiter. I then was contacted and had a one hour phone interview. The recruiter followed up by sending me a link for a computer test. A month after the test, I finally had a one hour face-to-face with a regional director. Then there was silence for another month. I was finally contacted again to take some more on-line tests. Ugn..I thought I was finished with school!..any how..the process was painstakingly long...I found another position with their competition.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. just about past experiences, driving a team, and P&L responsibility. Only question I remember is tell me about a time you had to manage through uncertainty. What did you do and how did you succeed?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I did a 10 minute phone interview. They basically just described the compensation and hours. I was scheduled for an in person interview the following day. The woman I spoke with was very nice and answered all of my questions. She explained the commission tier very well and in a lot of detail.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle objection?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DISH (DFW, TX).

Interview

Took three months, at least five assessments and five interviews. It appeared the interviewers didn't collaborate. Each interview contained the same guided, canned questions. The interviewers seemed pained, to follow the process.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR Interview packet questions. All behavioral. I believe, if the entity who created that process, used it, they would abandon it. BTW, it is still in use today.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it. No one knew the salary throughout the entire process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Harlingen, TX).

Interview

Employer was very direct and honest about hour availability requirements. They let you know the exact requirements that are needed for the type of position. It is a mentally stressful job that sometimes requires mandatory overtime.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornwood, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Thornwood, NY).

Interview

Got a call over the phone, after that phone interview and face to face interview. Then drug test,background check. Pass everything, got the job offer got sent out to training. Which training was pretty amazing place to learn what you gonna be doing out in the field.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO).

Interview

filled out application on line, and was contacted by an HR rep who scheduled a phone interview. HR failed to call at the appointed time... turns out that person "just forgot", and apologized 2 days later - asked for another phone interview. After that I took a battery of exams (language, reasoning, et...). Then, it was an interview with the hiring manager - final step was a group interview with a senior manager and a director. Offer letter came 4 weeks later (at $2k less than we had agreed on at the negotiation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I already had a job, but I decided it's time to move on and find a job with better pay, and I got tired of working night shifts. So I was looking around, and I found their add online, noticed they were hiring, so I filled out the app. I've never done this type of work before, I have no knowledge of it at all. But literally the next day I got phone call from the recruiting office. We did an over the phone interview, asked me a few questions pertaining to my work history, just the normal stuff. Then they asked me if I'd like to come in for a face to face interview the next day. So I did. I come in, the two guys were extremely nice, very professional. They made me feel really comfortable. The first thing I did was take a MAT (mechanical aptitude test) test, I apparently did very well on it. Then came the questions, Just very normal things that come with an interview. I feel like I did well, they were brutally honest with the way things work, he told me that's it's hard work and long hours with not a lot of time off, so I knew what I was getting myself into, I agreed. Then at the end he pulled out at a surge protector (power block), and he told me to sell it to him. This caught me off guard, way, way, off guard. I immediately got nervous and tried to calm down. So I did my best and he said I did pretty good. Then he told me how he would've done it, and it's pretty smart how these guys do it, how they manage to sell something to a customer that had no interest to begin with. So that was pretty much the entire interview, we talked about pay and training for a few minutes, then they sent me on my way. The whole thing lasted a little over an hour. Later that day I received a phone call from HR telling me I passed my background check an I did good in my interview, they now want move on to the next part of the hiring process. She made me an appointment to have a drug screen the next day, and now I'm waiting for that to come back. Once it does, I'll move on to the training. Overall, i was pleased with it all. It was a smooth process and I'm excited to start my career with SUI.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I have no experience in this line of work, so I didn't really negotiate anything. I just accepted the offer and plan on working my tail off so I can move up in the company.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

It was very sterile. Their HR dept wasn't very friendly, which is unusual for hiring managers. A lot of sitting around and waiting for others to become available. A lot of herding like cattle.

Interview Questions

• they asked about a statistical project I worked on   1 Answer

Had read horrible things about the company

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I filled out an online application and they contacted me 2 months later. After they background checked me I had an interview at the shop with someone who didn't even work at that location. He asked me questions that were on the application like "what would you do if you saw someone stealing from a customer".

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a situation in training where a lead tech did something against the books during a job   1 Answer

Interview

Applied online after looking at multiple positions open with the company and finally decided on applying for this job. The process overall was very long, ended up being a multi-step interview process with phones calls, online tests, tests on location, and group interview.