DISH Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

In-depth application online: Standard format.

After I took a general personality and comprehension test. On the comprehension test it mostly quizzed me on my percentage mathematical skills.

The third and final step included a rather lengthy (in my opinion) explanation of dummy call center software where you are tested with two automated calls to demonstrate how well you can use the software after listening to instructions.

Interview Questions

• "What is your annual minimum total compensation requirement?"   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

Apply online.
    Recruiter calls explains the position if it sounds good he schedules a phone interview with the hiring manager.
    If phone interview goes well a face to face interview gets scheduled with your boss and whoever is over them.
    The day after the interview I got a call from the recruiter offering me to take a background check and drug urine test.

The whole process took exactly 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• What would you old manager say your weaknesses are? What would they say your strengths are?   1 Answer

Dish Network Installer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Very straight forward interview. Friendly and pretty simple. The regional manager asked basic questions pertaining to expected job aspects. It was overall maybe twenty minutes from start to finish. I have to say that having prior experience with power tools and working at heights of twenty to forty feet is definitely a plus.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced working with power tools?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy Phone interview asking you mostly about things you listed on your application. Then a face to face interview. They will show you around the building explain to you what each section of the facility is for and then they take you into a room for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you trubleshooted something?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how you resolved the issue?   Answer Question
    • what is a wordclass service to you? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond when assisting a customer?   Answer Question

Interview

The process itself wasn't terrible - a few online assessments, and spoke with three different people in the office. I never received one bit of follow up with regards to this interview.

A week and a half later, I received a call from a different recruiter at Dish than the one I had been working with, inviting me to interview with the company for a completely different position than the one I applied for (one which I had no interest in), with no mention as to my previous interview the week before! I chose not to continue with the process, as the whole experience left a rather bad taste in my mouth.

Various Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for nearly 200 positions in Information Technology at DISH over the past 3 years. I've been invited to take assessments and I've done great on all of them. Although I've been perfectly qualified for all of the positions which I've applied to, I've only gotten 3 calls for interviews with HR...they've never went further. I've found the staff that work in HR at Dish very unprofessional and rather rude. They say that they will call you back at certain times, yet they never do. I feel that the reason that I'm not being considered is due to my age, which is over 50.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at DISH?   1 Answer

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

i got there 30 mins early for my 1:00 interveiw and wasnt even talked to till 1:30 went in and the guy was very casual he asked me questions about me and basic interveiw questions i think i messed up by asking how did i interveiw but hey what can you do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX).

Interview

Easynothing to it if you can breathe you will get the job at this super easy don't sweat it it's very easydon't be nervous cuz you will get the job

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO).

Interview

Brief phone interview and then a group in office interview. After the group interview I was asked to take the assessments at the office which was very loud and distracting as their computers are located in the lobby and they were having technical difficulties that day. During the interview they asked ridiculous questions, like if you are the PM and your manager tells you that based on accident reports all drivers will now need to drive backwards at all times, what would you do?

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Interview process was interesting the guy interviewing me was literally trying to talk me out of the job telling me there is easier jobs for 11 dollars a hour. I wish I could be mad at the dude but he wasn't lying.

Interview Questions

• General what was your prior work experience and how do you handle difficult people. Are you used to working in a call center with a continuous flow.   Answer Question