DISH

Very Difficult Interview

Help Desk Technician Interview

Help Desk Technician
Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DISH in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. When I arrived for interview, recruiter told me the interview was for the next day (incorrect on his part!). I took online test and then waited for interview. A short while later, recruiter told me they were busy and did not have time to interview me. Very unprofessional company!!!!

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DISH in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1. SAT style on-line test. Math, verbal, social
2. Phone Interview with HR
3. Woderlink & Watson-Glasser test
4. 1 on 1 and panel interviews
5. Another 1 on1 interview with higher management
Fairly routine, but thorough interview process. It did take a longer time than I would have preferred (3 months from first call to offer), but from what I have experienced and heard from others the time frame is somewhat normal for most companies these days. In my opinion the first SAT style assessment test was the most difficult.

Interview Question – Fairly routine interview questions - strengths, weaknesses, management style, why do you want to work for DISH?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just take it or leave it offer.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – i applied by an online application then a recruiter interviewed and sent me a link for an online for english maths GK and social media-quite thought as an assessment and after that 3 one on one interviews with hiring manager than her boss and than the head of marketing department.Seemed nice overall but didnt make an offer.they dont give you any feedback .

Interview Questions

• Your previous job description and responsibilities?   Answer Question
  • The culture you want to work in? Best and worst part of your previous job? How would you say you demonstrate company values that on their website? Previous boss and peer review? Strengths and weakness?Previous successful marketing project? Why you want to work at Dish?   Answer Question

Customer Resolutions Agent Interview

Customer Resolutions Agent
Littleton, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at DISH in January 2010.

Interview Details – The current process is to test with various generic hiring software applications. You test they score you interview with the person working in that dept/group. If hired you will get basic skills for the job you are hired into. The rest is up to you.

Interview Question – What do you do all day   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none you accept what is offered or you walk away

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Christiansburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by in person, talked about basic expectations and was asked what i was looking for, lots of promises of advancement with little proof there was any oppurtunites, made me wary of this job

Interview Question – basic call center questions like what experience have you had dealing with angry customers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, you get what you get

Associate Accountant Interview

Associate Accountant
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Followed up multiple times to schedule an interview a month later. Came into the office and took multiple exams. Met with people within the department but wasn't informed which teams were hiring.

Interview Question – I didn't realize I was applying for a general position rather than a specific team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; I've heard rumors that when you try to negotiate with HR, offers will be rescinded immediately.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Bilingual Customer Service Representative
El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – I was called about one week after submitting my resume and doing the virtual test online. I was busy when I was called so I set up an appointment for the following day. We did an over the phone interview which took about 15 minutes. After that we set up an in person interview for the day after. I went to the call center where they asked me to sit down and listen to a couple of sample calls on the computers and when finished they asked me to sit down and wait. A person from Human resources came to the room I was in and directed me to walk with him, he gave me a tour of the facilities and made small talk. He then directed me to a room where he asked me a couple of behavioral questions and how they related to my experience. At the end he made me simulate a call and how I would conduct an up sale and offer more services to a customer. Finally, since it was a bilingual position they gave me a page of guidelines of phrases I was going to have to translate in order to help a customer and then they had me simulate a call completely in spanish with a phone they had provided for me.

Interview Question – The difficult part was trying to sell some more services to a customer because I was not very familiar with the packages and services DISH offered.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Englewood, CO

I applied online - interviewed at DISH in January 2014.

Interview Details – I took Dish's intelligence tests both online and at corporate headquarters. I sat for an in-person interview with two managers back to back. I answered all of their questions politely and professionally. Then nothing. Dish didn't even bother to give me notice of their rejection. This is the height of unprofessionalism in my view.

Interview Question – What negative things have you heard about Dish?   Answer Question

Field Service Specialist IV Interview

Field Service Specialist IV
Athens, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in January 2011.

Interview Details – The irony of this I interviewed twice once at my current location I show up half an hour early expecting to be met promptly and instead I was told the have no information of me having and interview there as I insisted I was at the correct location and time I was asked to wait approximately one hour as they through together a basic answer the question interview and was told I would be contacted later (which never happened) so I filed again and Interviewed at a different location showed up half an hour early and was greeted politely and given a decent and thorough interview and was hired three days later.

Interview Question – What is our number one goal here at DISH?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation but I was pleased with the offer I recieved.

Field Service Specialist I Interview

Field Service Specialist I

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Apply online only, have a well rounded resume, and always try to be sure your application is seen.
This is how my Process played out ( i think)
Apply Online
Initial Phone Interview
In person Interview with Operations Manager
Drug Test
Final Interview With Operations Manager

Once I had the in-person interview, I was told pending everything else I would be hired.

Be professional, ask questions about how their office runs/benefits/hours.

After the initial phone interview about 30 days had passed. They said they would call me about setting up the in person interview. I called them back and they had forgotten. If I had never called, I would have never gotten the job!

Interview Question – Was there ever a time you saw a coworker doing something you knew was wrong? What actions did you take to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. Based on where your office is located, starting pay is around $14-$18 an hour. Work hard and you will 90% of the time have overtime.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!

DISH Videos

DISH – Why Work for Us?

The Dish on DISH. Pride: We possess the integrity to set high goals and the commitment to achieve the results. We believe pride is a personal commitment, to do your best in everything you do.Our Core Values… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DISH interview questions and advice. All 436 interview reviews posted anonymously by DISH employees and interview candidates.