DISH

446 candidate interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at DISH in February 2013.

Interview Details – Computer Application, then Interview on the spot, questions will be very customer service orientated and how quickly you can stay on task. THIS JOB IS VERY MUCH A TIMED EVENT. Just know that in advance. You will interview with a floor manager or pod supervisor. No real hard questions.

Interview Question – No real hard questions just very focused on customer service and how you deal with upset customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, starts at 11.30 per hr

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – The interview is you telling them how to put a pen together as if you had to do it over the phone. Giving direct details is important. Prior to that you re-took the online simulation and the personality test all over again. Plan to be there for a few hours. The waiting room will have multiple applicants.

Interview Question – n/a- The interview is you telling them how to put a pen together as if you had to do it over the phone. Giving direct details is important. Prior to that you re-took the online simulation and the personality test   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate pay. Ive had 4+ years in call center experience & they did not negotiate

Operations Analyst II Interview

Operations Analyst II
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Submitted an application online
2) Got a call from an HR person about a week later asking me to come in for an interview
3) Interviewed on site with the manager of the position, also took an assessment test which was fairly easy
4) Got a call the next day from the HR person, saying they think I would be better for a different position, and asked me to interview with that team
5) Interviewed with manager on new team
6) Came back a few days later and interviewed with the director of the team
7) Got a call the next day saying I was hired
8) They came back about a week later with an official offer, salary was kind of low so I pushed back, and they gave me an additional $2k (still low, but better than nothing)
9) I accepted the offer and started the next week

Interview questions were all just standard (tell me about your past jobs/school, why do you want to work for dish, etc.). No weird or difficult questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They came back about a week later with an official offer, salary was kind of low so I pushed back, and they gave me an additional $2k (still low, but better than nothing)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through Indeed.com. I received a phone call from the recruiter to schedule an hour long phone interview with her. Basic phone interview with some behavioral type questions. Felt the professionalism of the recruiter lacked when talking bad about the person previously in the position. After the conversation ended she said she would send me the assessment that would take an hour and that they send this to every person interviewing at Dish. The assessment consisted of math, reading comprehension, and social media. As an HR professional who worked for various well known top companies, I think this interview assessment is not the best way to sort through talent and very outdated. The questions were similar to the SAT’s you took in HS. After going through this process, I received a note that the manager has passed on my resume and I wouldn’t be moving forward in the process.

Interview Question – What was your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk
El Paso, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at DISH in May 2010.

Interview Details – Went well took a mth to get hired but very well worth it...had to take the test all over twice, because i was given the wrong test the first time. after that it all went well.

Interview Question – None that i remember it has been long enought to remember..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was very good.

Digital Marketing Interview

Digital Marketing
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Terrible experience, they are unbelievably uncommunicative and treat people like cattle. When I was there employees didn't even have access to the door that led outside. I get the feeling they do not trust their employees at all.

Interview Question – They asked me why I wanted to work at a large organization, and it's hard to answer that when they are consistently rated one of the worst places to work in America.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – This is one of the most bizarre phone interviews I have ever had. The hiring manager was totally not focused, and was the polar opposite of the recruiter that called me to ask me to interview for this position. The recruiter was very professional and convincing.

Interview Question – In the middle of the intro/small talk, the hiring manager abrubtly read a scripted situational question. Bascially the conversation went something like: so, the weather is interesting today, where do you live? and the response was "tell me about a time when you xyz...l." After this, all I wanted to do was hang up on this interview! It was the most bizarre phone interview ever.   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Junior Java Developer
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DISH in July 2014.

Interview Details – After I applied online I got an email and asked me to do the online assessment. Then three days later I got the HR prescreen Interview. At the end of the phone the HR scheduled me a technical phone Interview of Java. The technical phone interview was with two people. One with only java question and the other ask every technology you mentioned.

Interview Question – Database normalization   Answer Question

Advanced Technical Support Representative Interview

Advanced Technical Support Representative
Hilliard, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DISH in November 2011.

Interview Details – The girl in HR who interviewed me made me wait until she decided what she was ordering for lunch (right in front of me) then began talking to the security guard about her weight. This seems to me to be very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Dish does mandatory 6th days with little notice, you must be willing to work mandatory overtime with little notice (as little as 15 min before)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Advised I had a second job at that time, I could not work 6 days and if that meant the job, then I would have to decline.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Quality Assurance Specialist
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DISH in October 2012.

Interview Details – This was a standard interview process. I first interviewed with two supervisors, then after that I interviewed with the department manager. Each one of them were very polite and engaging.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was describing a challenging situation where I had to overcome adversity. This was tough because I had to recall a very hard time in my life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!