DISH Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.6

Region Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I applied on-line and researched a recruiter. I then was contacted and had a one hour phone interview. The recruiter followed up by sending me a link for a computer test. A month after the test, I finally had a one hour face-to-face with a regional director. Then there was silence for another month. I was finally contacted again to take some more on-line tests. Ugn..I thought I was finished with school!..any how..the process was painstakingly long...I found another position with their competition.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. just about past experiences, driving a team, and P&L responsibility. Only question I remember is tell me about a time you had to manage through uncertainty. What did you do and how did you succeed?   Answer Question

Tester Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH in June 2011.

Interview

Took about a month to be hired. 2 interviews, drug test, background check, orientation. Went into the location applied. Called back to complete a skills test. Second call interview with Supervisor. Call by HR personnel to give offer and training start date.

Talent Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

The first step in the interviewing process was an online interview, I was supposed to download an app - HireVue and record my answers. Similar process to Skype, but not in real time. I could have taken the interview according to my convenience. It consisted of 8 questions. The questions were straightforward.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I did a 10 minute phone interview. They basically just described the compensation and hours. I was scheduled for an in person interview the following day. The woman I spoke with was very nice and answered all of my questions. She explained the commission tier very well and in a lot of detail.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle objection?   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

After a phone screening with the recruiter and an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter sent me an email with an invitation for an in-person interview. The email also included a list of people I was going to interview with (including the recruiter and the hiring manager). On my interview day, I arrived at Dish's campus, and the person at the check in desk was super friendly. The recruiter meets me outside of her office, and instructs me that I was going to take an hour worth of assessments. After I finished my assessments, she meets me again, and informs me that the person I was supposed to meet first in the list is unable to interview me, and some one else will do it instead. I meet with this guy for about 30 minutes, and then the hiring manager interviews me after him. After I finished my interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter meets me again, and informs me that the two executives who were supposed to interview me are not able to do so due to a last minute call, and that she will have to bring me in on another day. I agreed and left, and two weeks later, they inform me that I didn't get the job. For the most part, all the questions were typical interview questions (personality and skill assessment questions) except for the question I listed below.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Spartanburg, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Consisted of a short phone interview and then in person with one of the production supervisors. After that I was contacted the next day via email for consent to conduct background check. Once completed I was called to set up drug screen. After it was completed I was contacted with offer of employment and date of orientation.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to make decisions without supervisor input and how did it work out in the situation?   Answer Question

Field Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

VP flew from Atlanta to meet me in my city. We met at a hotel. Interview lasted about an hour. Standard interview questions. Was offered the job within a week or two afterwards. Drug test was required.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. They first had a phone interview and then a online quiz and then a in person interview. After that they will give you a drug test and then you are hired into dish network!

Interview Questions

• What is your 30 day 60 day and 90 day plan   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

applied online, very high tech testing on line with personal computer (don't try to multi task while completing), phone interview with HR from corp office, followed by in person interview at local call center

Interview Questions

• when did you go above and beyond in solving a customer complaint   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DISH (Chandler, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

was asked brief questions about sales experience. was asked situational questions concerning the current role of a sales associate. was asked about different ways to close a customer. did a computer-based course which lasted about 30 minutes consisting of a customer service phone representative directing calls to various departments. was asked about flexibility of working hours

Interview Questions

• suppose a customer calls in looking for information and you spent over an hour explaining the product and they tell you that they want to call back what do you do?   Answer Question