DISH

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Satellite TV Technician/Installer Interview

Satellite TV Technician/Installer

I interviewed at DISH in May 2014.

Interview Details – Took an easy online assessment that took nearly a hour to complete. Mainly included basic math problems and a personality test. It took 3 days for them to email me about moving on with other candidates. There was really nothing that would really disqualify me except the $15/hr requirement I requested because I aced the assessments. If they have a strict salary requirement, they should just post it for the sake of the company's time and the applicants'. Don't make applicants take the assessment if they don't meet salary requirements. It's a waste of everybody's time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Reached out for interview by phone, asked to come in to the office to meet. Met with three different people, routine interview questions. How does experience relate to this position, etc. Took a test similar to the NFL wonderlic, it was timed.

Interview Question – Asked about specific news story that you read today and why it interested you   Answer Question

Senior Operations Analysis Manager Interview

Senior Operations Analysis Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DISH in April 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from recruiter over a month and a half after I applied online. Forgot I even applied for the position it was so long ago. The test is cake but they make it sound like you are splitting the atom.

Interview Question – One executive asked what the biggest risk in hiring me would be. She was by far the brightest person I interacted with at the company. Other than that, pretty basic, stock questions with little insight from interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If they offer you a position, don't take it. Avoid this company like the plaque.

Operations Analyst - Employee Experience Interview

Operations Analyst - Employee Experience
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in May 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview Process:
Step 1: Applied for initial job and took initial assessments (math and verbal)
Step 2: Pre-screen interview with recruiter. During this interview we discussed the position and my experiences.
Step 3: Three assessment tests (verbal/reading comprehension; math; social media)
Step 4: Phone interview with hiring manager. Once again we discussed the job and my job experiences.
Step 5: Two more assessments (Wonderlic and Watson-Glaser)
Step 6: Skype Interview. The interview was a behavior assessment asking critical thinking questions.
Step 7: In-person interview

Interview Question – You own a philly steak truck and you are loosing money. However, you have the same amount of customers who bought food the month prior. Name some potential reasons why you may be losing money. Basically, they are assessing your critical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Certified Tech Agent Interview

Certified Tech Agent
Christiansburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH in September 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application and then took a personality test as well as a skills test, not expected to do exceptional on the skills test, only expected to prove competence, background check, was not drug tested and no motor vehicle check for non-driving position

Interview Question – can't really remember   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Developer Interview

Senior Analyst Developer
Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at DISH in February 2010.

Interview Details – Do your research on the company. Most managers will ask you what you know about DISH. Be prepared to talk about how you have adjusted to shifting priorities and changing demands. We are a fast-moving company that expects its workforce to blaze trails. You will have to take technical and IQ assessments. Take the tests and don't stress about them. They are not pass/fail, only supplemental tools for management and HR to use in making hiring decisions.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you? It seems simple, but can be a hard one to answer.   View Answer

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DISH in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed a total of 8 times. I was flown to Denver for a 8 hour time frame for one interview after another. I personally thought that it was a very good way to ensure that you were making a sound decision bringing on a new employee.

Interview Question – If I was unsuccessful at building a successful team after 5 years what steps would I take to change course?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, I wanted in

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Suwanee, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at DISH in September 2010.

Interview Details – IT TAKES FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR that you cant even negotiate salary. we have probably lost good candidates due to interview process. They also say to refer friends but if management doesn't like you they wont give 2 nd interviews even though candidate is more than qualified.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 10 yrs from now   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one bc it took forever to get back to me and I wanted to title and experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Computer tested and interviewed in same day at location. Many people were hired because they were breathing and did not drool on the table. Many people washed out during the training phase. These people took away from the training time because the instructor had to continually go over subjects multiple times not leaving enough time in the day to fully train the new employees to their most potential.

Interview Question – All questions were typical for a call center.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered to hire and stated pay rate. Take it or leave it.

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DISH in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with recruiter. It lasted almost 15 minutes. Questions were about my past experience and my role in the process of internal audit. After that I had the aptitude tests. As I know the process is quite long and it takes time.

Interview Question – Questions were about past experience   Answer Question