DISH Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DISH (Alvin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I arrived 5 mins early they sat me at a computer to listen in on 5 different calls then a supervisor came a showed me around the center then took me in to a room to do a brief 15 min interview she asked me like 5 questions and took me back out front where I was told I'd hear something back within 1-2 days

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to troubleshoot   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Initial Phone Screen with HR 2. Online Assessments 3. Phone Interview with two hiring managers 4. Wonderlic and Watson Glaser Assessments 5. Skype Interview with two hiring managers 6. Drug Screen & Background Check

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Dish? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Riverview, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Had 2 interviews both were easy ,and interviewers were very friendly. Seems too good. And then they told me they would let me know in a day or two if they like me

Dish Network Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DISH (McKinney, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Scripted phone interview designed to quickly weed out applicants. Keep in mind, the hiring process is streamlined and fast paced to get people hired quickly. Wonder why they need people so badly? Why can't they keep people?

Interview Questions

• Would you be absolutely flexible working 4 days a week, mandatory OT and highly likely on weekends? (for $13.25 an hour)   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

On campus interview with HR. After this, there was an online personality/skills tests. After the test, there was an interview on-site. The interview was in various different departments that I had expressed interest in during the initial interview. After the interviews were done, I was asked to rank my preferences of departments and they used this information when matching jobs for all of the candidates. It was a good process all in all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

Applied online through their website. I took their assessment test, a few basic math and personality questions. I received a short over the phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous manager describe you?   2 Answers

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Like leading cattle to a slaughterhouse. Walked you around and showed the commission structure as being able to earn 2000.00 a week....There were only a couple of people that showed as earning $2,000.00, and it was actually over a 2 week period. Most people earned the $400.00 a week base plus a few dollars in commission...definitely not worth the 50 plus hours your were supposed to work. And 12 hour days were expected.

Interview Questions

• Can you work more than 50 hours a week   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

A representative called me to set up a "brief" interview. After calling her back she went over the job description and made sure that it was still a position I would be interested in. After the phone interview she said if I was selected another manager would call me for another interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be best for this job?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

Two ph w/ HR person. Then onsite with mgmt. Then a follow up phone with hr. 2 month process. Long drawn out. Hr was nice and acknowledged the lengthy process.

Various Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on line for a handful of positions. I was really interested in perusing a position with this company. Almost right away, I had 2 people call me to set up interviews, neither of which ever happened because the positions were filled the morning of my interviews by internal employees. I actually didn't mind this, it just showed how employees are promoted within; nothing wrong with that. I kept applying and got another couple call backs. I did have one phone interview that went well and I was asked if I wanted to send my resume to the hiring manager, but for the extra distance and same pay as my current position, I declined and decided to speak to the next person I would have to interview with and got another request for a phone interview that same night (the recruiters don't speak to each other at all and this was the 2nd time I would have been double-booked by Dish). My interview was scheduled for 4:00pm and I was ready. Nothing. Again. On my way out the door that Friday night, the interviewer called- at 5:40. We spoke while I waited for the train, for about 30 minutes, and ended the interview with the Dish recruiter telling me that I was the best candidate and to study to come in and take the assessment on-site (which I had already taken at home about 2 weeks earlier but he said he didn't see that and asked me to just do it again). I studied all weekend and rearranged my schedule with my employer and a 2nd job I have only to have the same recruiter call me at 5:30 the evening before my test was scheduled to tell me I was no longer a candidate. That was the final straw. I decided to no longer peruse a Dish position because I had been repeatedly dragged around by their recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions. The aptitude tests are the kicker- The Watson Glaser and Wonderlic.   Answer Question