DISH Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.7

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DISH in June 2014.

1. SAT style on-line test. Math, verbal, social
    2. Phone Interview with HR
    3. Woderlink & Watson-Glasser test
    4. 1 on 1 and panel interviews
    5. Another 1 on1 interview with higher management
    Fairly routine, but thorough interview process. It did take a longer time than I would have preferred (3 months from first call to offer), but from what I have experienced and heard from others the time frame is somewhat normal for most companies these days. In my opinion the first SAT style assessment test was the most difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly routine interview questions - strengths, weaknesses, management style, why do you want to work for DISH?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just take it or leave it offer.

Field Service Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DISH.

Apply online only, have a well rounded resume, and always try to be sure your application is seen.
    This is how my Process played out ( i think)
    Apply Online
    Initial Phone Interview
    In person Interview with Operations Manager
    Drug Test
    Final Interview With Operations Manager

Once I had the in-person interview, I was told pending everything else I would be hired.

Be professional, ask questions about how their office runs/benefits/hours.

After the initial phone interview about 30 days had passed. They said they would call me about setting up the in person interview. I called them back and they had forgotten. If I had never called, I would have never gotten the job!

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time you saw a coworker doing something you knew was wrong? What actions did you take to fix it?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable. Based on where your office is located, starting pay is around $14-$18 an hour. Work hard and you will 90% of the time have overtime.

Unix Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH in June 2014.

I applied online through dish.com career website. I received an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with him. During the phone interview he said he would send me an assessment that would take an hour and that they send this to every person interviewing at Dish. The assessment consisted of math, reading comprehension, and social media. After going through this process, I spoke with the recruiter and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager, Senior IT Manager.

During the phone interview with the Senior IT Manager, and in between his yawns, he asked me which position I was interviewing for (both points I’m making here were unprofessional). He asked me two questions: describe my work experience, describe a recent issue I had resolved. Then after the 10 minute interview (including zero technical questions) he asked if I had questions of him. I asked several and in between more of his yawns he answered them appropriately.
    I followed up with the recruiter that day thanking him and the hiring manager. He promptly replied saying he would have feedback soon. Nine days later I followed up with an email, to which the recruiter replied saying he would have feedback soon. Two additional phone calls received no response.

Apparently they are uncomfortable letting applications know bad news. And, apparently I got lucky not receiving any feedback, as their company is poorly lead from the top (based on glassdoor ratings and other news articles). During my experience their poor leadership was demonstrated in their hiring process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH.

Reached out for interview by phone, asked to come in to the office to meet. Met with three different people, routine interview questions. How does experience relate to this position, etc. Took a test similar to the NFL wonderlic, it was timed.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about specific news story that you read today and why it interested you   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at DISH.

Computer tested and interviewed in same day at location. Many people were hired because they were breathing and did not drool on the table. Many people washed out during the training phase. These people took away from the training time because the instructor had to continually go over subjects multiple times not leaving enough time in the day to fully train the new employees to their most potential.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They offered to hire and stated pay rate. Take it or leave it.

Satellite TV Technician/Installer Interview

interviewed at DISH in May 2014.

Took an easy online assessment that took nearly a hour to complete. Mainly included basic math problems and a personality test. It took 3 days for them to email me about moving on with other candidates. There was really nothing that would really disqualify me except the $15/hr requirement I requested because I aced the assessments. If they have a strict salary requirement, they should just post it for the sake of the company's time and the applicants'. Don't make applicants take the assessment if they don't meet salary requirements. It's a waste of everybody's time.

Operations Analyst - Employee Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in May 2014.

Hiring and Interview Process:
    Step 1: Applied for initial job and took initial assessments (math and verbal)
    Step 2: Pre-screen interview with recruiter. During this interview we discussed the position and my experiences.
    Step 3: Three assessment tests (verbal/reading comprehension; math; social media)
    Step 4: Phone interview with hiring manager. Once again we discussed the job and my job experiences.
    Step 5: Two more assessments (Wonderlic and Watson-Glaser)
    Step 6: Skype Interview. The interview was a behavior assessment asking critical thinking questions.
    Step 7: In-person interview

Interview Questions
    • You own a philly steak truck and you are loosing money. However, you have the same amount of customers who bought food the month prior. Name some potential reasons why you may be losing money. Basically, they are assessing your critical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Satellite TV Technician/Installer Interview

it was a great process i recommend this company

Remote Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DISH in April 2014.

I applied online via Dish's website, and received a phone call later that day for a phone interview and job description. After the phone interview, I was scheduled to go into the local office for a formal interview. My interview was 1:2, the operations manager based out of Texas and who I assume would have been my supervisor. The interview was laid back and the questions were straightforward, and I felt like I nailed it. I left the interview confident that I would receive a job offer the following week.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DISH in April 2014.

I had a phone interview with recruiter. It lasted almost 15 minutes. Questions were about my past experience and my role in the process of internal audit. After that I had the aptitude tests. As I know the process is quite long and it takes time.