DISH Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DISH (Boulder, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Had completed the general intern application back in January. Got a call in February about the interview. Did not receive any mail for the interview. Just received a direct call saying the interview is scheduled tomorrow. In the interview, I was asked very general questions. Nothing technical or specific. 2 or more days later, almost all the participants get a reject mail. The only 2 candidates who were selected also got a mail later saying that there were kept on a wait-list.

Interview Questions

• They asked me mostly from my resume. What was my field of interest, some behavioral questions, how much I was competent in Linux, Networking   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Got a call the same day to schedule an interview with hiring manager the next day. Got an email a couple days later regarding an online assessment that took around 75 min. The final stage was to submit a video cover letter.

Interview Questions

• Strength and Weakness. Tell me about a time when you asked for extra responsibilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a 4 round process. Initially I had to complete a quiz before I will be qualified for the next round. Later there was a behavioral round, a video recorded cover letter and final selection.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter that was on my university's campus at a job expo. I got an email about 2 weeks later with an invitation to an group interview. I went to their facilities and they gave us, me and other possible interns, a tour of their whole factory and the process. I thought this was nice how they took the time to give us a tour of their facilities. We had lunch with them, engineering managers and other important people from the company. I got called for a second interview for the day after the first interview. When I got there I was given a timed IQ test which kind of hard. After the test I interviewed, just me, with a group of engineering managers. And then a week later I got an email saying they couldn't offer me a position as an intern.

Dish Network Installer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Well there was someone that called me, from Denver I think. It was a phone interview that went fairly well , guy was cool. Had a few questions about my history , I answered the questions and he scheduled me for an in person a few days after. This interview went ok, similar to the phone interview exept, it was much more sell yourself then dish sells themselves to you. You answer questions example : tell us about a time you went above and beyond at work. I hate these questions. My advice, be yourself , do some research on dish. Go in there as if you want the job, don't ever act like you NEED it. Stay calm and answer the questions promptly, act interested when they tell you about the job. It's hard in these situations to show them what a cool awesome dude you are, save that stuff for before and maybe after the interview. They like to see professional people , as long as you don't look like your on drugs , and you seem like a reasonable person your probably hired. Yes the questions are important , not crucial. Don't over due your answers , keep your answers believable. Honesty is the best policy . I looked up a few things about dish, and found a couple minutes to have a real conversation with them about the job, showed some enthusiasm about the different sales bonuses. They want salesmen, that are good with customers and are quick but thorough at their job. Be confident, I also suggest cutting your hair and removing any large piercings . You will be going into a bunch of different types of people's homes, look " put together" confident , and trustworthy. You do this, and your in. Also if you get hired, the background check can take weeks. I waited 3 weeks to start my first day of training. This, in my opinion , is too long of a wait for someone that needs a job. You would think dish would want people to hire on quicker. My only thought here, is they take time to look over candidates, and training classes only happen on certain dates. I guess I can't blame them for taking a second look at someone , they are trusting you with a company vehicle.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to problem solve.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond at work .   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you were recognized at work for something you did.   1 Answer
    • What motivates you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just agree with their offer, there honestly isn't much they can do. Their starting wage is set, just be optimistic, I mean think of all the opportunity ahead of you. Ya their benefits suck, but your job is everything YOU put into it. There is opportunity for raises and promotions every 3 months, bonuses weekly, a company truck and tools. Anyways they can't move much on wages, I tried for a dollar more, I got 5 cents more.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview pretty quickly. That part was pretty easy, but that assessment test needs to go. I'm not sure what the goal, or aim, is "assessing". What if you test poorly? what if you are unclear of the question and as a result you do not provide the best answer? OK - so some C-level suit sees some value, but what about the human factor? Who are you hiring, Dish? Who are you looking for? If you are looking for creative and energetic, hit the ground running enthusiastic, looking to learn and make a difference and a contribution to your company you need a new net. There is no way a dry & ridged test is going to give you any of that. Some may slip through b/c they were able to provide the answer you were looking for on paper, but the vast majority will be denied you because too much value is being placed on a test and not people.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluefield, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH (Bluefield, WV).

Interview

You take a 3 hour test. Then you do two sit down interviews. They ask mostly situation based questions. Honestly your a body for a seat of you show up in matching shoes you will be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DISH in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through the Dish website, and received a call from a recruiter a few days later. It was a very smooth experience, he went in depth of what the position consisted of and the next steps of the hiring position. 1. A quick webcam interview where they ask 3 questions and you have to respond back. 2. Interview with another person who works for Dish, pretty much walk me through your resume and a series of experience related questions. 3. On site interview with 2 people, had to give a run through of my resume and answered questions based on my skills (weakness, and strengths) etc. I recommend you to just be yourself and have knowledge of Dish Network. The more you know, the more you can impress.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your previous manager would describe you as?   Answer Question
    • What would you say will be your strengths and area of opportunities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was happy with what was offered knowing that it was the highest that the salary ranged from.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DISH in January 2015.

Interview

I made initial contact and submitted my resume with them at a university career fair. I got a phone call later that night to schedule an interview for the next day. The interview was with two people: a recent hire and an upper level executive. The interview was pretty conversational with a few behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to inspire a person or a group of people to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DISH (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

First, there was a brief phone call. Following that, I was asked to complete an online questionnaire asking math, verbal, and industry specific questions. The format was multiple choice and similar in question style to the SAT exam. After successfully completing that, I had a Skype interview featuring mostly behavioral questions. Conversation was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you needed to inspire someone or a group?   Answer Question