DISH

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager
Denver, CO

I applied online and interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – I applied online and after a couple of hours of online testing, had multiple phone interviews before being invited out to Denver at their expense to interview. Went through more testing onsite and passed all tests. Then spent a second day with 8 interviews with various department members. Most interviews were hardly interviews -- more like they were checking for "fit". The individuals spent time telling me about what they did and spending time talking about the bad press they were getting as the worst company to work for in America and how it wasn't true.

At the end of the 2nd interview day the recruiter told me that they were moving forward with an offer (so my "fit" conclusion was correct) and the offer letter would arrive within a few days. And then.... NOTHING. No further communication or response to my calls or follow-up emails. Finally more than a week later the recruiter called saying they were "going a different direction" with no further explanation of why. Admittedly I didn't press the recruiter -- seemed pointless and the way it was handled told me all I needed to know about what it might be like to work there.

Interview Question – Hardly a difficult question in the bunch. Most everyone asked 1) why do you want to work for DISH? 2) Had I heard about the bad press they received about the company culture?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was okay.. HR is weird though.

Interview Question – Don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short.

Marketing Manager
Englewood, CO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in June 2009.

Interview Details – Originally submitted my resume to the HR recruiter who I knew through a mutual contact. After an initial phone screen where I was told that I was perfect for the job and had everything that they were looking I did not hear another peep out of them. Part of it is is probably salary as they were insistent on knowing my previous salary as well as my salary expectations up front. Apparently what I said did not agree with them.

I knew going in that Dish Network tries to low-ball employees. But in this environment where you'd hope that companies would like to get the best talent available, and that Dish is just looking at the numbers, knowing that they are just going for cheap-cheap-cheap is a bad sign.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!

DISH Videos

DISH – Why Work for Us?

The Dish on DISH. Pride: We possess the integrity to set high goals and the commitment to achieve the results. We believe pride is a personal commitment, to do your best in everything you do.Our Core Values… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DISH Marketing Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by DISH employees and interview candidates.