DISH

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DISH in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the manager and general manager after giving a lot of tests. The interview went well and I was invited for a second round that time, but never heard back from either the recruiter or the interviewer after that. When I tried contacting them, I never got any replies to my emails.

Interview Question – Was just asked about my resume   Answer Question

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DISH in January 2009.

Interview Details – DISH Network's hiring process is exceptionally long and cumbersome. An HR rep first reached out to me for a phone interview. I was then invited in for an interview with two hiring managers. After that, I interviewed with three other members of the team I was interviewing for a position with. In addition to the interviews, I was asked to complete various aptitude and personality tests that are required of all employees. I was also asked to complete a task for the hiring manager by putting together a report that would become part of my job, if accepted to the position. Weeks would go by without any word from the company, and then I would receive a call with instructions on completing the next step in the process. Overall, the process was very frustrating and many times I thought I had dropped out of the running due to lack of communication from the company.

Interview Question – What do you know about DISH Network?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. DISH Network was unwilling to budge on the offer they extended. By all means try negotiating, because raises are almost impossible to come by once hired.

Marketing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was a bit crazy. Phone interview, then spent four hours doing assessments. I then met with them in person, filled out an application and then did yet another assessment. So many assessments!

I then interviewed with a person from HR and was asked questions about my experience as they related to the position and what I could bring to the company.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   View Answer

Marketing Specialist

The process took a day - interviewed at DISH in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was casual, standard behavioral interview questions. Ex: "Tell me about a time you were a leader and something went wrong and what you did to fix it."

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were a leader and something went wrong. What did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DISH in January 2010.

Interview Details – Preliminary phone interview by biz unit HR was straight-forward, professional, courteous, no trick questions.

HR meeting was thorough, friendly yet direct (which was nice. I'd rather know what they're thinking/expecting rather than guess or play the waiting game).

Meeting with hiring manager was interesting. Waited for them to wrap up meeting running behind -- fine. Junior associate was invited into the interview -- fine. Clearly, "teacher's pet" rather than for training purposes -- hmm, whatever. Didn't get any better. Not a single skills-based question posed by them. Intelligent responses to bring up my skill relevance to the job role, got no response/acknowledgement and just the next question.

Didn't get the feeling that they wanted much more than a grateful follower. Have heard its a good company, but personal experience left much to be desired.

Interview Question – 'Unexpected' category: You probably don't know that we're international. Its not really mentioned anywhere on our website.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!

DISH Videos

DISH – Why Work for Us?

The Dish on DISH. Pride: We possess the integrity to set high goals and the commitment to achieve the results. We believe pride is a personal commitment, to do your best in everything you do.Our Core Values… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DISH Marketing Specialist interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by DISH employees and interview candidates.