DISH Operations Specialist Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DISH in June 2014.

Process took 4+ weeks.

I applied online and got contacted by a recruiter almost immediately. Wasn't even a phone interview. He asked me about myself and then proceeded to talk about the job description and what the job responsibilities entailed. I seemed intrigued so I continued. He told me I had to do an assessment online which took about 2 hours and if I passed, we would set up an interview.

I ended up passing and we set up an interview a week later. I get to the company's building and I had to take ANOTHER assessment which was something like 55 questions in 2 minutes and you got penalized for wrong answers. I rushed through it all then got to interview.

I interviewed with 5 people; 2 manager, 2 high ups; and one supervisor all in the same interview! It look about an hour to do. One supervisor was unavailable. Questions asked were along the lines of my resume and work experience. Thought the interview went really well.

About a week later, I get a call from the recruiter saying the supervisor that was unavailable would like to interview with me. I was told that it would just be one person and myself, repeatedly. He told me over the phone, when we met, and right before the interview. The interview started and 2 supervisors came in and the recruiter decided to sit in with us. The questions were tougher and very specific. If you answered in a general term, they would ask you for specific examples and then with follow up questions to that.

I thought it went well. Recruiter called a week later letting me know they would like to move forward with me. I had to sign a waiver for a background check and get a drug test. They also called my references and made sure they spoke with them. I did all of what they asked.

One week passes, nothing.

Another week passes. nothing. (mind you, i've been calling the recruiter and asking what was going on)

The next week I get a phone call from the recruiter saying they are not going to move forward with me. Thanks a lot "Dish". Worst hiring process ever.

Interview Questions
  • What specifically did you do to improve at your last job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DISH in March 2012.

I was invited for an interview and upon arriving at the campus, I had to check in at the front desk and wait till the recruiter arrived to let me in. I was then taken to fill out paperwork, and then proceeded to the conference room where the interviews were to be conducted. Once there I met with a total of 6 people but in groups of 1 or two. Their positions ranged from supervisors to director. After every interview the recruiter would come in to check on me and give me feedback. Unfortunately for me I was just using this position to get in the door at DISH and eventually move on to their accounting department since I have my degree in accounting, and it apparently came across that way, because that's what the recruiter had told me. Anyways, after the interviews I was then taken into a room with 4 cubicles for testing. Here I had to take 2 test, one of which was a 12 min, 50 question multiple choice test intended for you not to finish. The second test was not timed but all different forms of critical thinking. Upon finishing the recruiter had told me that if I had gotten one more question right my score would have gone up 10% and requested that I retake it, which I did. After completing it again, the recruiter was ecstatic that I had gotten a "much" better score. Once finished, she walked me to the door and we went our separate ways.

Overall, every one seemed very nice and professional. The director that I had met with at the end of the interviews was definitely looking for the right person for the team and was very stern and blunt. I do not feel like I got the position, because of the fact that they could see that I was wanting to just use this position to get into the company and move to a better department. I will keep applying there and hopefully will get a chance to interview for an accounting position. The facilities seemed very secure and very nice.

Operations Specialist Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DISH in March 2012.

The screening interview is a simple review of your work history. The follow-up interview is an extremely redundant interview where you interview with four separate sets of two managers, who all ask you the same questions, so you just end up repeating the same stories four times. I’m glad I read the employee reviews before the interview, because it is obvious that this is a miserable company to work for with way too many levels of management.

Interview Questions

The managers literally told me that their management style was micro-managing. It was obvious that DISH applies the failed management process of Six Sigma. 92% of companies that use Six Sigma end up operating below the S&P 500, just like DISH does. Plus, Six Sigma dehumanizes their employees, just like DISH appears to do. DISH only offers high deductible health insurance, so DISH clearly has no interest in investing in their employees on a long term basis. Health Insurance is the fundamental benefit that all employers need to offer, not free television service.