DISH

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

3.2

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DISH.

Several tests are needed to pass. This not only includes the Wonderlic, but several others that gauge your knowledge of the meaning of words, and knowledge of online information, such as RSS feeds.

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

interviewed at DISH in February 2014.

First interview was face-to-face lasted about 30 minutes. Mainly about behavior and tell me about yourself questions. Went well, not intimidating, then to a second interview. The second interview was to just go over the position. The position was offered at this time.

Interview Questions
    • When people are shutting doors on you with no sales, how are you going to keep going?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DISH in January 2011.

It all started with a call from a recruiter. You are then asked to complete an online assessment which consists of some word problems, math problems, and analogies. After completing the assessments, they never called me again. I waited a couple of weeks and thought that I would just do a follow up call. They told me then that the hiring manager wanted to talk with me and scheduled a time to talk with the hiring manager. After speaking with that hiring manager, they told me that the Director was the next step. I met with the Director and wondered if they hired anybody there or just interviewed them to death. After completing the tasks that were asked of me, they then wanted me to come to the corporate headquarters and interview with more people. I went to headquarters and met with everyone and was interviewed by new people. I was then given more forms to sign with background check information and two more assessments which consists of the Wonderlic test and a writing sample. After this, I was told they would call me the following week. I never received a call and followed up with them. It took a couple of days, but I finally received the standard rejection letter. Throughout the whole process, they never called me, I had to hound them until they called or emailed me back. I'm in sales and I'm persistent - I can't apologize for that.
    After seeing the reviews of the company, I wasn't sure that I wanted to work there. I couldn't find a customer or employee that could say anything good about the company including the people I interviewed with. I think it was the best interview process to never find a great employee. The people that I would work with there were mediocre at best and lacked any zest. You have to wonder about a company that goes to so much trouble to hire an employee and still have the highest turnover in the industry. I did not have any aspirations of working there and was relieved to receive the rejection email. I did not even work for the company and I thought they were horrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DISH in October 2009.

College recruiting. They came to the university and did an initial interview there. After wards followed 2-3 hours of IQ testing, then a flyback to Denver with a day of interviewing with all the company EVPs. Very driven company and loyal to the company.