DISH

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DISH in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone by recruiter several times before the initial interview. Once I moved to Denver I was actually given the in-person interview. It was a long day of interviews with all managers in the department and assessments to take. Pretty informal, as they just wanted to get to know me and figure out if I was a good fit.

Negotiation Details – i was quoted a salary that they could provide but when I got the official offer it was $1000 less which made me unahppy.

Meridian, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DISH in April 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter, took some assessments, then interviewed with hiring manager and VP. All were friendly, kind, helpful, and asked good questions. Very pleasant experience.

Interview Question – There are a lot of assessments.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated based on prior experience and they got me the salary I needed.

Staff Accountant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in April 2012.

Interview Details – The day after I applied online and completed the assessment I was emailed by HR for an interview. I was interviewed by two managers within the department and then by the hiring manager separately. Also took more assessments during my visit for interviews. I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks. Actually I was contacted by another HR representative for a different position and went in for the interview before I was offered the job.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – 1) online application
2) online assessments (3 hours)
3) phone interview (1 hour)
4) on site interview with 5 different managers (4 hours) plus 2 on site assessments (1 hour)
5) job offer within a few days after on site interviews
Dish has a very thorough hiring process to ensure employees are a good fit for their unique company culture. From initial application to job offer, my hiring process lasted about 3 months. A whole month went by before I heard back from the initial app, with instructions for completing assessments. Then another month until the phone interview. Then a few weeks until the on site interview and finally a job offer within a few days.

Interview Question – Mostly average behavioral based questions from multiple managers during interviews. Most unexpected and difficult part of interview process were the timed IQ assessments.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DISH.

Interview Details – Was really good - nice ans strict, filter out the wimps.

Interview Question – Your biggest failure and how did you overcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not give me anything and did not budge. I was out of work so what was I going to do?

Interviews for Top Jobs at DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!

DISH Videos

DISH – Why Work for Us?

The Dish on DISH. Pride: We possess the integrity to set high goals and the commitment to achieve the results. We believe pride is a personal commitment, to do your best in everything you do.Our Core Values… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DISH Staff Accountant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by DISH employees and interview candidates.