DISH

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DISH in December 2009.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received a call back about 3 days later to come in and visit with a HR representative. When I came in to the building the ladies at the front desk were very casual, laid back, I assume to show that sort of atmosphere to people applying to the company. The HR representatives were very nice, and trustworthy. I had 4 interviews. The first was a basic interview, then an interview with a member of the management team from the floor, then an interview with the HR director and then back to my hiring manager. I would advise anyone applying for this job to DRESS UP NICE! They do notice this and make an effort to commend people for it. ALSO - Be conversational and nice during the interview, they will give you bonus points for that.

Interview Question – If a customer gives you a problem and you don't know how to handle it, what would you do to to handle that customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They will set what you make, and what you will work.. If you try to make any effort against this, they will retract the negotiation and will thank you and send you on your way.

Columbus, OH

The process took 3 days - interviewed at DISH in June 2010.

Interview Details – Long series of on line tests to simulate job situations followed by a in person interview with an HR Specialist and a Coach then drug test and background check.

Interview Question – Asked about a challenging situation from my prior job.   View Answer

Littleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DISH in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. They contacted me for a phone interview. I went in and took a skills test, then was interviewed by an HR rep. After that she passed me on to a hiring manager for another interview.

Interview Question – All behavioral based questions...describe a time when....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Chandler, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at DISH in May 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out the online application which took about 2 hours. In person interview was scheduled after completing the lengthy test. I arrived at the location and filled out some paperwork. I was then brought to a computer to listen to 2 test calls. I then had 2 in person interviews and was told they would call me. I received a call 2 weeks later telling me I was a preferred candidate and to expect a phone call. Finally, 1 month later I received a call stating they would be performing a background check. Received a call next day saying I passed the check and was offered the position

Interview Question – What is your name?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Thornton, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on line and took a series of tests (technical pertaining cables,math & decision-making). Be prepared to spend at least 2 hours for the test and be sure to complete it. After the test, it lead me to the interview appointment calendar where I had to choose an interview date.

On the interview, initially, I was asked to fill up some paper works then I was told to use the computer to listen on some customer-tech/sales/customer service representative sample conversations. After listening, I was told to wait for the interviewer. A lady called my name and introduced herself, she's from the HR. We went to a small room and she began to ask questions about my past work experiences.

Interview Questions

Littleton, CO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DISH in November 2009.

Interview Details – For such an entry level job, I was amazed at how extensive their application process was. It began with a personality profile and a standard job application. It continued with an IQ assesment, which included a math test, vocabulary assessment, word problems, and scenario testing. The scenario testing seemed like you were training for the job- it was very extensive. The vocabulary test was hard- I have a college education and struggled with it. No job was offered, but I feel it wasn't a total loss based on other's opinions of the company.

There was a strong emphasis on speed and performance numbers. I got the sense that they would expect you to be a robot and crank out a high volume of calls and sales. Office was pretty.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!

DISH Videos

DISH – Why Work for Us?

The Dish on DISH. Pride: We possess the integrity to set high goals and the commitment to achieve the results. We believe pride is a personal commitment, to do your best in everything you do.Our Core Values… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DISH Technical Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by DISH employees and interview candidates.