DLA Piper

2.9

Summer Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DLA Piper.

I applied through my school's summer recruitment program, and I was granted an interview. The interview was extremely casual for being such a large, global law firm. The interviewer was very friendly and upbeat, but maybe too casual. I did not get a second interview or job offer, but I did receive a rejection letter in the mail within an acceptable time period.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, the questions were mostly about my experience and nothing really out of the ordinary or difficult.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DLA Piper.

Submitted resume through a recruiter, emailed with HR, set up an interview. Went through one interview with a few employees, including future boss and other members of the team.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DLA Piper in February 2014.

Phone interview with an in-house recruiter, lasted about one hour. Basic background questions, how would I work with senior management, described the role, etc. No contact at all after a week, so I emailed them. One week passes, finally responds saying they are scheduling in person interviews. Another week, nothing. I contact them, another week to finally reply only to be told they already have three candidates they have met with and are seriously interested in.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DLA Piper.

initial interviews plus testing, not complicated at all.

Interview Questions
    • The usual questions that you expect in regards to what you do, how would you handle a certain situation.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, I was pleased with the offer.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DLA Piper in August 2012.

Pretty basic stuff. Since I am in IT they made me take a number of system related test, as well as MS Office. Nothing over the top, to the point and not a very intimidating process at all. Worst part was the background check which took FOREVER due to the company they use inputting my information incorrectly.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. Pretty straight forward process.   Answer Question

Vendor Relationship Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DLA Piper in June 2012.

I was interviewed by phone for about 20 minuties. It went very well and was called the next day to set up a face to face. An hour later she changed the date. The next day she cancelled. After two followup calls, I received a turn down letter.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DLA Piper in January 2011.

The screening interview was a typical on campus screening interview. A feeler. The interviewer was candid that my background leaned towards an area other than the practice group the firm was hiring for. He was very nice and we had a great interview, ultimately, I just didn't have as much experience as other applicants.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DLA Piper in January 2010.

I had about 5 interviews with different vairous human resource employees and then with the Partners I would be assisting. I had to take a MS Word test and spelling and grammar test.

Interview Questions
    • Had to give reasons for my eagerness to move from New York to Los Angeles.   Answer Question
    No there was not a negotiation phase.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DLA Piper in October 2009.

I met with 4 partners after sending in my resume

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, standard questions--why I wanted to work there, favorite law school class   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online – interviewed at DLA Piper.

One interview only - few technical questions but more about the candidate's motivation. The interview was both in French and English and laster approximately 45 minutes. There were two lawyers. The atmosphere was not formal and quite pleasant. They were open to discuss potential future employment following the traineeship. No negotiation possible on the salary during the interview.