DLB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Mechanical Engineer I
Eatontown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DLB.

Interview Details – I saw the job inquiry on an internet job board and applied. Within a few hours I had already received an email asking if I was still interested in the position. Upon confirming, I was asked when I was available for a phone interview with the HR department. The phone interview was essentially about the companies' history, dynamic workplace, polices and my background. I was asked to send in a writing sample about the companies policies, why I would fit in, etc. This was to be no more than two pages.

After submission of the paper, they asked if I could schedule an in person interview. After confirming a date, the day of the interview approached. I met with the HR department and was then lead back to a Microsoft software "test" which demonstrated my knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. It essentially was a program which gave a question then asked you to achieve an action. Once the examination was over, I was lead back into one of the breakout rooms.

I then first had the HR department go over the benefits, vacations, etc. Following this, I met with the company managers and members of the team in varying 2 people and 1 person methods. Some asked about my background, some asked about certain situations and how I reacted, if I would be willing to travel, work overtime etc., others asked some technical questions. Once complete, I was given a tour of the facility asked if I had any more questions and it ended. The entire process was over 5 hours (not fun). Next, I sent my follow up thank yous and such to the hiring staff.

I then waited....and waited....and waited and after a few weeks I had heard nothing from the company. I emailed requesting a status update and nothing happened. I have neither heard nor received anything to this day. Very rude in my opinion. I would have appreciated at least a "thanks but no thanks" email.

Interview Question – A few technical questions which were not too bad and a lot of STAR approaches. The worst part was the initial Microsoft test analysis at the beginning which took over an hour.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Eatontown, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DLB in June 2013.

Interview Details – First you're sent an email requesting a phone interview and interest in the position. During the phone interview the HR rep will ask you questions about your education, experience and information they find from social media i.e. Linkedin, Facebook...Then you're asked to complete two writing assignments; the first is about the company based on the information available online,the second about why you would be a good fit with the company. You will then be scheduled to have an an in person interview. The in person interview is about four hours and is scheduled in the middle of the day, if you have a current job already you will probably need to take a day off for the interview. When you first get in they have you take a test which measures your Microsoft office and Windows knowledge, this takes about an hour. After which the an HR person takes you around the facility to see what it looks like. For the reminder of the interview, you will have the current engineers interview you two at a time, six in total, essentily making for three interviews total. After which the HR person asks you if you have any other questions, you're on your way from then on.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working 50-70 hours per week?   View Answer
  • For the younger engineers we have a program where you would stay the night to provide technical assistance to Don Beaty on his seminars overseas, would you be willing to participate in that?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Eatontown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DLB in March 2008.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of initial phone interview followed by computer literacy test for general Microsoft Office programs.
In person interview consisted of multiple 1:1's with senior staff ranging from HR to engineering. Interview was primarily non-technical focusing primarily on fit with company.

Interview Question – If you were to perform a survey of all gas stations in the US for the sales that they experience, how would you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DLB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DLB interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by DLB employees and interview candidates.