DMC Atlanta

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone interview, followed promptly by in-person interview at the office. The second interview involved lunch (with two interviewers and one additional interviewee) and then a trip to a store where you see exactly what they do. The people are extremely friendly and easy to be around. After the second interview, they call you, ask you to send them an email with further questions (ie. why would you be a good fit) IF you plan to accept upon receiving an offer.

Interview Question – What is your weakness AND how are you working to improve upon it?   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview Details – I applied through my college career center and was called for a phone interview a couple of days after. It was a pretty quick 'just getting to know you' interview, it lasted about 20 minutes. Many of the questions were behavioral based. It was upfront and professional. I was asked to come in for a 2nd interview which I scheduled for a couple weeks out. I was offered a position during the 3rd interview. I'm excited to start when I graduate in May.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a weakness you improved upon, what steps did you take to improve, did the change stick?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was straightforward, it is an entry level position.

Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview Details – I applied for this job on a Wednesday night, got a phone call Thursday and had an interview on Friday. The phone call asked why I was interested in this company and if I was interested in full-time employment and then an interview was scheduled. Upon arrival to my interview, other candidates were there as well. The manager came and called my name and we had a very short interview maybe 20 minutes just "feeling each other out." Easy interview. Easy questions.

Interview Question – On a sheet of paper prior to interview "List 5 types of marketing and which is most effective"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because every one starts entry level. You can be a manager or manager assistant without the sales and I am just not into that. I am not okay with going to Walmart for hours and selling Direct TV just because I don't believe in it and I personally would be a bad salesman. It is just not my personality.

Interviewed at DMC Atlanta

Interview Details – They called me for an initial interview. It was short and it was just to do a second screening. But they gather the most important things: personality, work ethics, honesty, and motivation. If they think you could be a fit, they call you for a second all day interview with a "Team Leader" or manager. You follow them in their daily routine, and they observe if you can actually engage with customers or have potential. On lunch time, your interviewer will explain the business to you. Warning, you go in and out of your interviewer car the whole day, so, you are subject to the weather elements.

Interview Question – They don't ask you anything difficult. But, they look at your character and work ethics.   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview Details – I first would like to say that I am not sure what the person below is talking about. It is definitely the wrong company, and makes no sense. I have now worked for the company for 4 weeks and there is NO outside sales, or driving around to companies, and the entire thing is completely inaccurate. I have included a very detailed account of everything regarding the interview process below.

I was called to come in for an interview after my resume had been reviewed. When I first walked in there was a couple other people interviewing there as well. I was a new college grad, with a Finance degree but not sure what career path I wanted to go down. I thought an entry level position would be a great place to start. Then I was called in for my interview. The woman who conducted my interview was very professional, but after talking to the girl in the lobby my nerves were definitely brought down. I was called later that day and invited to come in for a second interview and a "skills assessment." When I arrived for my second interview there was other people as well. No one i recognized from my first interview. Everyone was really outgoing and fun. The atmosphere was awesome. There was a wii and ping pong table. Then from 12:30-3 I was with an account representative seeing exactly what they do, and they went over the position in its entirety to me. The thing that impressed me so much was the opportunity to advance. I knew I was applying for an Entry Level position, but clearly not looking to stay within that position. The advancement and ability to advance rapidly is what impressed me. I started my first day two days later, and I have loved working here ever since. I am now starting into phase two of the management development program and am working on coaching and training a team.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was when they asked if I could describe a time my leadership ability stuck out. I had said I would rate myself very highly in that skill set and totally blanked when it came time to give an example   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – THey called me and went over the base salary with me and the commission and bonuses I would recieve. I wanted to go over my break even and made sure it was in my range, since my apartment is very expensive. I asked if I could think it over, and after going through everything I realized it was definitely in my range and called to accept.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DMC Atlanta in May 2013.

Interview Details – First Interview: Basic stuff like: Tell me a weakness that you have overcome. What are your long-term goals and their time-frame. What is an example of a time where you stepped up and took charge? What are the qualities of a great leader?, etc.

Interview Question – Honestly, I was ready for all of the questions. No curve-balls here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You are offered a draw against commission position with zero benefits sort of as a "take it or leave it" type offer.

Very Easy Interview

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DMC Atlanta in October 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the brand new DALLAS location. I was first contacted by HR and was given a brief overview selling the job opportunity. I was told quick promotions, great money, and the hiring manager wants to speak with you. I set up the interview a couple days later which was approximately 20 minutes long. I was asked simple questions like, what is my greatest accomplishment, do I have leadership abilities, why I would be interested in a job like this, etc. Again, I was given a brief overview of the job and was told the next step was to shadow an account manager for the final step. The job itself was described as setting up a booth at retailers like Target and Best Buy trying to get the customers to sign up for Direct TV. This is a NOT A SALARY job. Strictly commission, but if you don't make a sale in a week you can still get minimum wage. It is a Tues- Sun work week.

Interview Question – While signing in upon arrival of the interview, I was asked to give 5 examples of marketing and explain which one I thought to be the best.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DMC Atlanta in July 2012.

Interview Details – The initial interview was about 20 minutes, 1:1 with the manager. It wasn't difficult, it was more of an introduction to their company and getting to know me and my goals, to make sure they aligned. They explained the training program that they have.

The second interview was a few hours where I was with the interviewer in a Best Buy. They observed how I dealt with people and went more in depth on the compensation and growth opportunity. I got to see the position first hand, which I really appreciated. The compensation discussed was a mix of base and commission, but not commission only like someone else said.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when your leadership ability stood out? They asked a couple of behavioral based ones as well.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DMC Atlanta in October 2011.

Interview Details – The first round of interviews is very general and quick. It is more of an introduction from both the interviewer and interviewee. There weren't any specific or tricky questions, just more of a first impression type meeting. During the second round interview, you shadow one of the employees in the position that you are applying for. You go around to businesses all day and watch what an account manager does on a day-to-day basis. They evaluate you on the basis of the types of questions you are asked, as well as if you interacted with potential customers. Overall, its a pretty simple process.

Interview Question – What will separate you from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DMC Atlanta in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through my college website and heard back within two days. The initial interview was no longer than 20 mins and went over general questions, strengths/weaknesses, etc. I then asked the lady a couple of questions including compensation - which she told me they offer both commission and base and commission structure. I told her I wasn't interested in commission only and she told me we could discuss that in the final interview. In the final, after a day of shadowing, they offered me a weekly base and commission. So people there is that opportunity! Just ask!

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a position closer to my home.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DMC Atlanta

Worked for DMC Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!

DMC Atlanta Videos

DMC Atlanta – Why Work for Us?

Our Mission DMC Atlanta will develop individuals, personally and professionally, into leaders through teamwork and fundamental management training techniques. We will promote team success as well as individual… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DMC Atlanta Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by DMC Atlanta employees and interview candidates.