DMC Atlanta

Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.1

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I got a call requesting a phone interview just a day or two after I posted my resume. My interviewer was very nice and the questions were pretty easy. I was asked to come in for a second interview on-site. The process takes about three hours and mostly consists of a job shadowing. I had a lot of fun during the interview and enjoyed meeting the people there, I decided the job wasn't for me.

Other Interview Reviews for DMC Atlanta

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in September 2014.

I received a call based off my resume being public on a job board. The lady was real polite. She asked me a few questions about my work preferences and asked me to come in for an interview. Before I could accept the offer, I asked for information on the position and the lady kinda just repeated what she had already said. I accepted her interview but I knew when I hanged up the phone that I wasn't going to attend this interview.

DMC Atlanta Response

Oct 6, 2014President

Thank you for taking the time to write this. While I am sorry you had a "negative experience" with our company, I have to point out a few things about this review that are admittedly (by the author ... More

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in September 2014.

The interview process was really simple, easy questions, plus everyone in the office seemed happy and friendly. Although, the 3rd interview was not what I expected. Met at office, went to lunch with an "account manager", then followed them to a Wal-Mart (about 20 minutes from the office) to see what they do.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in August 2014.

I've never written a comment on Glassdoor before, but I have to express my frustration with this company and it's representation to potential employees. Basically, your role is to sell DirectTV services in Walmart. You can work your way up in the company and go through their management program. But, the ultimate goal is to open your own DMC branch. They are very vague regarding the success of this program and that should tell you plenty.

Not sure of the financial component to their company - don't count on much.

This doesn't match my understanding of an Account Manager position nor does it sound like a company that provides real career growth.

If you're coming just out of high school with no real work experience, this might be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic intro talk. What do you want in 3-5 years.   View Answer

Not valuable enough

DMC Atlanta Response

Sep 3, 2014President

If you have time to discuss this further, I would like to get to the bottom of how this interview happened and left you feeling unsure of any aspect of our company. Occasionally we have people who ... More

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

The first interview was a phone interview, followed promptly by in-person interview at the office. The second interview involved lunch (with two interviewers and one additional interviewee) and then a trip to a store where you see exactly what they do. The people are extremely friendly and easy to be around. After the second interview, they call you, ask you to send them an email with further questions (ie. why would you be a good fit) IF you plan to accept upon receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness AND how are you working to improve upon it?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DMC Atlanta.

I applied through my college career center and was called for a phone interview a couple of days after. It was a pretty quick 'just getting to know you' interview, it lasted about 20 minutes. Many of the questions were behavioral based. It was upfront and professional. I was asked to come in for a 2nd interview which I scheduled for a couple weeks out. I was offered a position during the 3rd interview. I'm excited to start when I graduate in May.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a weakness you improved upon, what steps did you take to improve, did the change stick?   Answer Question
    It was straightforward, it is an entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta.

I applied for this job on a Wednesday night, got a phone call Thursday and had an interview on Friday. The phone call asked why I was interested in this company and if I was interested in full-time employment and then an interview was scheduled. Upon arrival to my interview, other candidates were there as well. The manager came and called my name and we had a very short interview maybe 20 minutes just "feeling each other out." Easy interview. Easy questions.

Interview Questions
    • On a sheet of paper prior to interview "List 5 types of marketing and which is most effective"   Answer Question

I declined because every one starts entry level. You can be a manager or manager assistant without the sales and I am just not into that. I am not okay with going to Walmart for hours and selling Direct TV just because I don't believe in it and I personally would be a bad salesman. It is just not my personality.

Account Manager Interview

They called me for an initial interview. It was short and it was just to do a second screening. But they gather the most important things: personality, work ethics, honesty, and motivation. If they think you could be a fit, they call you for a second all day interview with a "Team Leader" or manager. You follow them in their daily routine, and they observe if you can actually engage with customers or have potential. On lunch time, your interviewer will explain the business to you. Warning, you go in and out of your interviewer car the whole day, so, you are subject to the weather elements.

Interview Questions
    • They don't ask you anything difficult. But, they look at your character and work ethics.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta.

I first would like to say that I am not sure what the person below is talking about. It is definitely the wrong company, and makes no sense. I have now worked for the company for 4 weeks and there is NO outside sales, or driving around to companies, and the entire thing is completely inaccurate. I have included a very detailed account of everything regarding the interview process below.

I was called to come in for an interview after my resume had been reviewed. When I first walked in there was a couple other people interviewing there as well. I was a new college grad, with a Finance degree but not sure what career path I wanted to go down. I thought an entry level position would be a great place to start. Then I was called in for my interview. The woman who conducted my interview was very professional, but after talking to the girl in the lobby my nerves were definitely brought down. I was called later that day and invited to come in for a second interview and a "skills assessment." When I arrived for my second interview there was other people as well. No one i recognized from my first interview. Everyone was really outgoing and fun. The atmosphere was awesome. There was a wii and ping pong table. Then from 12:30-3 I was with an account representative seeing exactly what they do, and they went over the position in its entirety to me. The thing that impressed me so much was the opportunity to advance. I knew I was applying for an Entry Level position, but clearly not looking to stay within that position. The advancement and ability to advance rapidly is what impressed me. I started my first day two days later, and I have loved working here ever since. I am now starting into phase two of the management development program and am working on coaching and training a team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when they asked if I could describe a time my leadership ability stuck out. I had said I would rate myself very highly in that skill set and totally blanked when it came time to give an example   Answer Question
    THey called me and went over the base salary with me and the commission and bonuses I would recieve. I wanted to go over my break even and made sure it was in my range, since my apartment is very expensive. I asked if I could think it over, and after going through everything I realized it was definitely in my range and called to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in May 2013.

First Interview: Basic stuff like: Tell me a weakness that you have overcome. What are your long-term goals and their time-frame. What is an example of a time where you stepped up and took charge? What are the qualities of a great leader?, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I was ready for all of the questions. No curve-balls here.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. You are offered a draw against commission position with zero benefits sort of as a "take it or leave it" type offer.