DMC Atlanta

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.4

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in October 2014.

I sent in my resume from a job board and was contacted a couple days later. The woman on the phone was nice, informative, answered all of my questions and set up a time for me to come in and meet with the hiring manager. I could tell the culture was fun, it was busy, there were lots of people in the office, there was music and laughter. It was still professional though. I waited for a few minutes and talked with the woman at the front then went in for the interview. It was basic and brief, more of a getting to know you interview with behavioral interview questions. My interviewer explained that at first it was an entry level sales position and helped me to understand the management development program more in depth. To sum it up, you learn business from sales to management and everything in between. Nothing too difficult in the interview. The second interview was with a guy my age, mid twenties, he was sharply dressed and professional, he asked me good questions more along the lines of goals and future oriented questions and personality type questions. After the second interview there was a third round phone interview - that was with the President. We went over negotiations and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked the characteristics of a great leader and then asked how I rated myself. Then I was asked to have a specific example of my leadership. It was more difficult because I felt like my answer of leadership wasn't as strong as I had rated myself.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in September 2014.

I received a call based off my resume being public on a job board. The lady was real polite. She asked me a few questions about my work preferences and asked me to come in for an interview. Before I could accept the offer, I asked for information on the position and the lady kinda just repeated what she had already said. I accepted her interview but I knew when I hanged up the phone that I wasn't going to attend this interview.

DMC Atlanta Response

Oct 6, 2014President

Thank you for taking the time to write this. While I am sorry you had a "negative experience" with our company, I have to point out a few things about this review that are admittedly (by the author ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in September 2014.

I received a call from DMC and answered some basic questions of what type of job I was looking for, where did I see myself in the future, etc. Then I was asked to come in for an interview the following week. I agreed and went to my interview. I go into the office and no one is at the receptionist desk, so I sit for around 5 minutes. Then a member of the staff notices me and gives me an application to fill out. There were questions like What are the 5 types of Marketing and which one is the best, Describe the marketing process, etc. Interview went well. The guy who did the interview was very nice and honest about what type of work would be required for the position. He was very vague about compensation structure, paid travel expenses, benefits, etc. Everyone has to start out doing face to face sales which mean you go into Wal-Mart, Fred's, Best Buy and try to get other people to upgrade/ purchase a Direct TV package. I asked him about employee turnover rate and he wasn't able to answer or didn't want to. Around 2 hours after the interview I was called to come in for a third interview where you would shadow a current employee. It didn't sound right for me so I turned down a third interview.

Interview Questions

Pay structure and benefits were not confirmed,

Account Manager - Sales and Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DMC Atlanta.

I did an initial phone interview and it was pretty standard. The questions were more behavioral based and I think focused on my personality and gauging that. It seems like what the interviewer was looking for was someone at ease with people, ambitious, and someone who is a good student, they weren't focusing on specific sales or marketing techniques. I was offered a second interview and it was professional, the person that was interviewing me was young and put together we went to lunch and then to the store, which was all explained to me in the first interview. There was a third interview and then I was sent an email with specific questions to answer as to why I would be a good fit with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you were proud of your leadership. This was hard for me because I rated my ability high but blanked on an example.   Answer Question

Management and Leadership Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in March 2014.

This was the most positive interview experience I have had. I'm going to be graduating soon and am really looking to find my home, somewhere that I fit in. I truly feel that this company will offer that. The initial interview was very personable, Ashley made me feel welcomed the second that I walked in. She was pleasant on the phone and gave me nothing but positive expectations. I met with Mike for my interview and he was so nice, and I could tell that he's a very genuine and caring person. The interview went very well, and I was invited back for a second one. The next time that I came back I was greeted again by Ashley, and Mike came out to say "Hello" and that they would be with me shortly. I then had my second interview, which was the job shadow I was told about by Mike previously, and lasted a couple hours. I was able to see what DMC Atlanta does for DirecTV on a day to day basis, and they also discussed growth opportunities and compensation expectations in detail. I was called later that afternoon by Nelson for the third interview. I had heard of Nelson, but never met him, and he was very nice, and was concerned with making sure that I had a full understanding of the opportunity and position. He told me that since I wasn't graduating for a few weeks, and because I also had other interviews, that he wanted me to make sure that I weighed all of my options and made the best choice for me. He told me that within a couple of weeks, when I had completed my interviews, to email in with the answers to a few questions he had asked me. I am wrapping up my other interviews now, and have still yet to experience a company like DMC Atlanta. I hope to get started there in a month or so after graduation!

Interview Questions
    • I was pleasantly surprised to see that the questions they asked were so focused on leadership, work ethic, and character. They are truly looking for the right fit, not just anyone that walks in!   Answer Question

Entry Level Leadership and Management Development (Something Or Another) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DMC Atlanta.

There was a three step interview process. It started with an in person interview with basic questions about how I qualify for the position and what the job consists of on a daily basis. The second was a field interview. It started off with all the applicants starting at the office, then you break up and drive to a location with an account manager (aka salesman) and actually do the job. If you do not know, it is standing in Walmart's and Bestbuy's and hassling people to upgrade to Direct TV. That interview went from 12:30 to 3:00. Then the third interview is the follow up phone call later that day. For this position you have to be aggressive and be ok with rejection. I am 100% ok with those aspects, however I do not like jumping down people's throats when they are shopping for groceries. If you are looking for growth opportunity, you will find it here. This company seems to foster growth in people, and the environment was very comfortable. Everyone hangs out together, management SEEMS supportive. I would have taken an office job immediate, however you have to work your way up and I felt they stretched the truth on the financial side. Do not trust the amount they claim you can sell a week. Always assume the worst, since it is mostly commission. So cut what they claim in half. You have to drive a range as high as Athens to as low as Peachtree city. They do not pay for gas but you drive 5 days a week. Their week is Thursday to Monday. You can deduct the gas expense from your taxes, however that's once a year. When you do the math, your paycheck is nonexistent. This would be a great job for someone in college who is getting experience for their resume, and extra cash. If you are fresh out of college with a degree, you could make more.

Interview Questions
    • List 5 types of marketing and which is most effective.   View Answer

I declined because of the lack of financial income this job would have provided. Gas these days do not come cheap, and I don't like hustling Direct TV.

Entry Level Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at DMC Atlanta in March 2014.

Interview was really easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • where can you tell me about you that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in March 2014.

Phone interview is brief and typical of most. They ask you about your education, work experience, interests, and other basic questions. Then there are two face to face interviews. First is seeing the office and speaking with the Recruiting/ operations manager. This is pretty basic again talking more about the things spoken about in the first interview goes a little more in depth about the position and management training structure. Then the second face to face interview is coming back into the office and going out into the field with account manager into a retail space. This is where you see exactly what you will be doing on a daily basis. After that if you are up to the job they will most likely make an offer for the entry level account manager position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Ex: what do you think makes a great leader? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    Everyone starts out the same there is no negotiation. Pay is base plus commission. Base is low so plan off making your money in commission. It is a draw system where you choose your base or weekly commission whichever is higher but not both combined. The more you sell the more you make pretty simple.

Marketing/Sales/Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in March 2014.

Interview was straight forward and we went over my resume. She wanted to know how I felt about sales and if I could see myself selling DirecTV to consumers. I did not know this would take place "in the field"

Interview Questions
    • Would you be available for 3 hours tomorrow for another interview? Without giving me really any details.   Answer Question

It looks as thought this is a sales based position, not marketing like they explained initially

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta.

I applied for this job on a Wednesday night, got a phone call Thursday and had an interview on Friday. The phone call asked why I was interested in this company and if I was interested in full-time employment and then an interview was scheduled. Upon arrival to my interview, other candidates were there as well. The manager came and called my name and we had a very short interview maybe 20 minutes just "feeling each other out." Easy interview. Easy questions.

Interview Questions
    • On a sheet of paper prior to interview "List 5 types of marketing and which is most effective"   Answer Question

I declined because every one starts entry level. You can be a manager or manager assistant without the sales and I am just not into that. I am not okay with going to Walmart for hours and selling Direct TV just because I don't believe in it and I personally would be a bad salesman. It is just not my personality.