DMC Atlanta

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in October 2014.

I sent in my resume from a job board and was contacted a couple days later. The woman on the phone was nice, informative, answered all of my questions and set up a time for me to come in and meet with the hiring manager. I could tell the culture was fun, it was busy, there were lots of people in the office, there was music and laughter. It was still professional though. I waited for a few minutes and talked with the woman at the front then went in for the interview. It was basic and brief, more of a getting to know you interview with behavioral interview questions. My interviewer explained that at first it was an entry level sales position and helped me to understand the management development program more in depth. To sum it up, you learn business from sales to management and everything in between. Nothing too difficult in the interview. The second interview was with a guy my age, mid twenties, he was sharply dressed and professional, he asked me good questions more along the lines of goals and future oriented questions and personality type questions. After the second interview there was a third round phone interview - that was with the President. We went over negotiations and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked the characteristics of a great leader and then asked how I rated myself. Then I was asked to have a specific example of my leadership. It was more difficult because I felt like my answer of leadership wasn't as strong as I had rated myself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DMC Atlanta

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in September 2014.

I received a call from DMC and answered some basic questions of what type of job I was looking for, where did I see myself in the future, etc. Then I was asked to come in for an interview the following week. I agreed and went to my interview. I go into the office and no one is at the receptionist desk, so I sit for around 5 minutes. Then a member of the staff notices me and gives me an application to fill out. There were questions like What are the 5 types of Marketing and which one is the best, Describe the marketing process, etc. Interview went well. The guy who did the interview was very nice and honest about what type of work would be required for the position. He was very vague about compensation structure, paid travel expenses, benefits, etc. Everyone has to start out doing face to face sales which mean you go into Wal-Mart, Fred's, Best Buy and try to get other people to upgrade/ purchase a Direct TV package. I asked him about employee turnover rate and he wasn't able to answer or didn't want to. Around 2 hours after the interview I was called to come in for a third interview where you would shadow a current employee. It didn't sound right for me so I turned down a third interview.

Interview Questions

Pay structure and benefits were not confirmed,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in March 2014.

Phone interview is brief and typical of most. They ask you about your education, work experience, interests, and other basic questions. Then there are two face to face interviews. First is seeing the office and speaking with the Recruiting/ operations manager. This is pretty basic again talking more about the things spoken about in the first interview goes a little more in depth about the position and management training structure. Then the second face to face interview is coming back into the office and going out into the field with account manager into a retail space. This is where you see exactly what you will be doing on a daily basis. After that if you are up to the job they will most likely make an offer for the entry level account manager position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Ex: what do you think makes a great leader? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    Everyone starts out the same there is no negotiation. Pay is base plus commission. Base is low so plan off making your money in commission. It is a draw system where you choose your base or weekly commission whichever is higher but not both combined. The more you sell the more you make pretty simple.

Entry-Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in September 2011.

I was first contacted by DMC and asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview was very brief maybe 15-20 minutes where I was asked very basic questions like: strengths/weaknesses, why do you want to work for this company, etc. I was then invited back for a second round interview. The second round interview consisted of job shadowing 2 Account Mangers and seeing what the daily activities were like. At the end of the day I met with the a senior member of the team for my third round of interviews. I was asked if I had any questions, what separates me from other job candidates and why they should hire me.