DMC Atlanta Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.3

Marketing/Sales/Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DMC Atlanta.

It was very strange. nothing going on except for interviewing people at the office. You would think there would be more people other than hiring and receptionist. People seemed to like it but not sure why you would need a college degree. There were black leather couches that seemed to be in everyone's office.

Not the right fit

Jan 18, 2015President

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your interview. A few points for clarification:

1. What time of day, and what day of the week did you come in? During certain parts of the day, our team is
    ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in December 2014.

I was contacted first by a member of the HR team in response to my application. She was very personable and polite and asked a set of questions to be sure my personal vision aligned with company goals. On my first interview, I was given the opportunity to share my visions for my career. I felt very comfortable and genuinely enjoyed the time I spent with each member of the team. The atmosphere is fun, relaxed, but the pinnacle of professionalism. My final interview consisted of a more in depth explanation of company structure, growth, and compensation as well as a field assessment. I can honestly say that no stone was left unturned and no question unanswered. I can't remember a time when I actually had fun on an interview before DMC Atlanta! I knew right then that this opportunity was unlike any other and that I wanted to be a part of it!

Mar 23, 2015President

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review of the interview process. So often we find that, once people find a job where they are happy, they don't go back on Glassdoor to share ... More

Account Manager Interview

I got a call requesting a phone interview just a day or two after I posted my resume. My interviewer was very nice and the questions were pretty easy. I was asked to come in for a second interview on-site. The process takes about three hours and mostly consists of a job shadowing. I had a lot of fun during the interview and enjoyed meeting the people there, I decided the job wasn't for me.

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in September 2014.

I received a call from DMC and answered some basic questions of what type of job I was looking for, where did I see myself in the future, etc. Then I was asked to come in for an interview the following week. I agreed and went to my interview. I go into the office and no one is at the receptionist desk, so I sit for around 5 minutes. Then a member of the staff notices me and gives me an application to fill out. There were questions like What are the 5 types of Marketing and which one is the best, Describe the marketing process, etc. Interview went well. The guy who did the interview was very nice and honest about what type of work would be required for the position. He was very vague about compensation structure, paid travel expenses, benefits, etc. Everyone has to start out doing face to face sales which mean you go into Wal-Mart, Fred's, Best Buy and try to get other people to upgrade/ purchase a Direct TV package. I asked him about employee turnover rate and he wasn't able to answer or didn't want to. Around 2 hours after the interview I was called to come in for a third interview where you would shadow a current employee. It didn't sound right for me so I turned down a third interview.

Interview Questions

Pay structure and benefits were not confirmed,

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in September 2014.

I received a call based off my resume being public on a job board. The lady was real polite. She asked me a few questions about my work preferences and asked me to come in for an interview. Before I could accept the offer, I asked for information on the position and the lady kinda just repeated what she had already said. I accepted her interview but I knew when I hanged up the phone that I wasn't going to attend this interview.

Oct 6, 2014President

Thank you for taking the time to write this. While I am sorry you had a "negative experience" with our company, I have to point out a few things about this review that are admittedly (by the author ... More

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in September 2014.

The interview process was really simple, easy questions, plus everyone in the office seemed happy and friendly. Although, the 3rd interview was not what I expected. Met at office, went to lunch with an "account manager", then followed them to a Wal-Mart (about 20 minutes from the office) to see what they do.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in August 2014.

I've never written a comment on Glassdoor before, but I have to express my frustration with this company and it's representation to potential employees. Basically, your role is to sell DirectTV services in Walmart. You can work your way up in the company and go through their management program. But, the ultimate goal is to open your own DMC branch. They are very vague regarding the success of this program and that should tell you plenty.

Not sure of the financial component to their company - don't count on much.

This doesn't match my understanding of an Account Manager position nor does it sound like a company that provides real career growth.

If you're coming just out of high school with no real work experience, this might be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic intro talk. What do you want in 3-5 years.   View Answer

Not valuable enough

Sep 3, 2014President

If you have time to discuss this further, I would like to get to the bottom of how this interview happened and left you feeling unsure of any aspect of our company. Occasionally we have people who ... More

Marketing/Sales/Trainer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at DMC Atlanta in August 2014.

Classic commission sales job. Hire as many people as you can and see what works. Interviewer did not talk about the day to day job duties and responsibilities until I asked which seemed sketchy. Did not discuss benefits and compensation until asked. Interviewer called me right after applying. Seemed like they were desperate for employees.

Oct 30, 2014President

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the interview process. We try to be as transparent as possible. I would like to make a few points:

1. This is NOT a commission only sales position. Our reps are
    ... More

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DMC Atlanta in July 2014.

When DMC Atlanta had initially contacted me, I received a phone call and they immediately told me what they liked about my resume, which really made me feel like they were genuinely interested. Once i had scheduled my interview, I met with the vice president of development and she was extremely professional and I really liked that her questions were different from any other interview I had been on. My favorite part was that they made the second round interview a job shadow, so that I could see what takes place everyday.

Interview Questions
    • Qualities that I admire in a leader, it was challenging to think of them on the spot.   Answer Question

Mar 23, 2015President

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

The first interview was a phone interview, followed promptly by in-person interview at the office. The second interview involved lunch (with two interviewers and one additional interviewee) and then a trip to a store where you see exactly what they do. The people are extremely friendly and easy to be around. After the second interview, they call you, ask you to send them an email with further questions (ie. why would you be a good fit) IF you plan to accept upon receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness AND how are you working to improve upon it?   Answer Question