DMC Atlanta

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager - Sales and Trainer Interview

Account Manager - Sales and Trainer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview Details – I did an initial phone interview and it was pretty standard. The questions were more behavioral based and I think focused on my personality and gauging that. It seems like what the interviewer was looking for was someone at ease with people, ambitious, and someone who is a good student, they weren't focusing on specific sales or marketing techniques. I was offered a second interview and it was professional, the person that was interviewing me was young and put together we went to lunch and then to the store, which was all explained to me in the first interview. There was a third interview and then I was sent an email with specific questions to answer as to why I would be a good fit with the company.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you were proud of your leadership. This was hard for me because I rated my ability high but blanked on an example.   Answer Question

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Entry Level Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DMC Atlanta in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview is brief and typical of most. They ask you about your education, work experience, interests, and other basic questions. Then there are two face to face interviews. First is seeing the office and speaking with the Recruiting/ operations manager. This is pretty basic again talking more about the things spoken about in the first interview goes a little more in depth about the position and management training structure. Then the second face to face interview is coming back into the office and going out into the field with account manager into a retail space. This is where you see exactly what you will be doing on a daily basis. After that if you are up to the job they will most likely make an offer for the entry level account manager position.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Ex: what do you think makes a great leader? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts out the same there is no negotiation. Pay is base plus commission. Base is low so plan off making your money in commission. It is a draw system where you choose your base or weekly commission whichever is higher but not both combined. The more you sell the more you make pretty simple.

Management and Leadership Trainee Interview

Management and Leadership Trainee
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DMC Atlanta in March 2014.

Interview Details – This was the most positive interview experience I have had. I'm going to be graduating soon and am really looking to find my home, somewhere that I fit in. I truly feel that this company will offer that. The initial interview was very personable, Ashley made me feel welcomed the second that I walked in. She was pleasant on the phone and gave me nothing but positive expectations. I met with Mike for my interview and he was so nice, and I could tell that he's a very genuine and caring person. The interview went very well, and I was invited back for a second one. The next time that I came back I was greeted again by Ashley, and Mike came out to say "Hello" and that they would be with me shortly. I then had my second interview, which was the job shadow I was told about by Mike previously, and lasted a couple hours. I was able to see what DMC Atlanta does for DirecTV on a day to day basis, and they also discussed growth opportunities and compensation expectations in detail. I was called later that afternoon by Nelson for the third interview. I had heard of Nelson, but never met him, and he was very nice, and was concerned with making sure that I had a full understanding of the opportunity and position. He told me that since I wasn't graduating for a few weeks, and because I also had other interviews, that he wanted me to make sure that I weighed all of my options and made the best choice for me. He told me that within a couple of weeks, when I had completed my interviews, to email in with the answers to a few questions he had asked me. I am wrapping up my other interviews now, and have still yet to experience a company like DMC Atlanta. I hope to get started there in a month or so after graduation!

Interview Question – I was pleasantly surprised to see that the questions they asked were so focused on leadership, work ethic, and character. They are truly looking for the right fit, not just anyone that walks in!   Answer Question

Marketing/Sales/Trainer Interview

Marketing/Sales/Trainer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DMC Atlanta in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was straight forward and we went over my resume. She wanted to know how I felt about sales and if I could see myself selling DirecTV to consumers. I did not know this would take place "in the field"

Interview Question – Would you be available for 3 hours tomorrow for another interview? Without giving me really any details.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It looks as thought this is a sales based position, not marketing like they explained initially

Account Manager

I applied online and interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone interview, followed promptly by in-person interview at the office. The second interview involved lunch (with two interviewers and one additional interviewee) and then a trip to a store where you see exactly what they do. The people are extremely friendly and easy to be around. After the second interview, they call you, ask you to send them an email with further questions (ie. why would you be a good fit) IF you plan to accept upon receiving an offer.

Interview Question – What is your weakness AND how are you working to improve upon it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Manager Interview

Entry Level Sales Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at DMC Atlanta in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was really easy and straight forward.

Interview Question – where can you tell me about you that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Entry Level Leadership and Management Development (Something Or Another) Interview

Entry Level Leadership and Management Development (Something Or Another)
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview Details – There was a three step interview process. It started with an in person interview with basic questions about how I qualify for the position and what the job consists of on a daily basis. The second was a field interview. It started off with all the applicants starting at the office, then you break up and drive to a location with an account manager (aka salesman) and actually do the job. If you do not know, it is standing in Walmart's and Bestbuy's and hassling people to upgrade to Direct TV. That interview went from 12:30 to 3:00. Then the third interview is the follow up phone call later that day. For this position you have to be aggressive and be ok with rejection. I am 100% ok with those aspects, however I do not like jumping down people's throats when they are shopping for groceries. If you are looking for growth opportunity, you will find it here. This company seems to foster growth in people, and the environment was very comfortable. Everyone hangs out together, management SEEMS supportive. I would have taken an office job immediate, however you have to work your way up and I felt they stretched the truth on the financial side. Do not trust the amount they claim you can sell a week. Always assume the worst, since it is mostly commission. So cut what they claim in half. You have to drive a range as high as Athens to as low as Peachtree city. They do not pay for gas but you drive 5 days a week. Their week is Thursday to Monday. You can deduct the gas expense from your taxes, however that's once a year. When you do the math, your paycheck is nonexistent. This would be a great job for someone in college who is getting experience for their resume, and extra cash. If you are fresh out of college with a degree, you could make more.

Interview Question – List 5 types of marketing and which is most effective.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined because of the lack of financial income this job would have provided. Gas these days do not come cheap, and I don't like hustling Direct TV.

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview Details – I applied through my college career center and was called for a phone interview a couple of days after. It was a pretty quick 'just getting to know you' interview, it lasted about 20 minutes. Many of the questions were behavioral based. It was upfront and professional. I was asked to come in for a 2nd interview which I scheduled for a couple weeks out. I was offered a position during the 3rd interview. I'm excited to start when I graduate in May.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a weakness you improved upon, what steps did you take to improve, did the change stick?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was straightforward, it is an entry level position.

Entry Level Marketing & Sales Interview

Entry Level Marketing & Sales
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DMC Atlanta in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by DMC Atlanta via email for a preliminary phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer first explained the position in more depth and what the position entailed. Mostly representing their client and acquiring customers in stores at Big Box retailers (Best Buy, Walmart etc.) He then asked me a few questions including what I thought of leadership and how I found their company. He then let me ask a few questions, and informed me when they would be alerting people if they would be granted a second interview or would be allowed to shadow a current employee. No complaints about the interview. I thought the interviewer was very professional and nice.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   Answer Question

Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview Details – I applied for this job on a Wednesday night, got a phone call Thursday and had an interview on Friday. The phone call asked why I was interested in this company and if I was interested in full-time employment and then an interview was scheduled. Upon arrival to my interview, other candidates were there as well. The manager came and called my name and we had a very short interview maybe 20 minutes just "feeling each other out." Easy interview. Easy questions.

Interview Question – On a sheet of paper prior to interview "List 5 types of marketing and which is most effective"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because every one starts entry level. You can be a manager or manager assistant without the sales and I am just not into that. I am not okay with going to Walmart for hours and selling Direct TV just because I don't believe in it and I personally would be a bad salesman. It is just not my personality.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DMC Atlanta

Worked for DMC Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!