DMC Atlanta Marketing and Sales Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DMC Atlanta (Sandy Springs, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was really quick. They called me the day right after I submitted the application online. One was face to face interview, which was not hard. The other one was on-site interview. They showed us the working place and let us to ask questions. They clearly presented they were sales marketing company.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing you want to work on? Or what's your weakness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DMC Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a questionnaire that involved some general marketing questions. They were kind of tricky for someone who hadn't taken a marketing class in a while. The rest of the interview was pretty simple. I warn people that this job involves direct selling in Walmart and other big box stores, which is not what I expected at all.

Marketing/Sales/Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview

It was very strange. nothing going on except for interviewing people at the office. You would think there would be more people other than hiring and receptionist. People seemed to like it but not sure why you would need a college degree. There were black leather couches that seemed to be in everyone's office.

Not the right fit

DMC Atlanta Response

Jan 18, 2015 – President

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your interview. A few points for clarification: 1. What time of day, and what day of the week did you come in? During certain parts of the day, our team is ... More

Marketing/Sales/Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DMC Atlanta in August 2014.

Interview

Classic commission sales job. Hire as many people as you can and see what works. Interviewer did not talk about the day to day job duties and responsibilities until I asked which seemed sketchy. Did not discuss benefits and compensation until asked. Interviewer called me right after applying. Seemed like they were desperate for employees.

Interview Questions

DMC Atlanta Response

Oct 30, 2014 – President

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the interview process. We try to be as transparent as possible. I would like to make a few points: 1. This is NOT a commission only sales position. Our reps are ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DMC Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was straight forward and we went over my resume. She wanted to know how I felt about sales and if I could see myself selling DirecTV to consumers. I did not know this would take place "in the field"

Interview Questions

• Would you be available for 3 hours tomorrow for another interview? Without giving me really any details.   Answer Question

It looks as thought this is a sales based position, not marketing like they explained initially

Entry Level Marketing & Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DMC Atlanta (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by DMC Atlanta via email for a preliminary phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer first explained the position in more depth and what the position entailed. Mostly representing their client and acquiring customers in stores at Big Box retailers (Best Buy, Walmart etc.) He then asked me a few questions including what I thought of leadership and how I found their company. He then let me ask a few questions, and informed me when they would be alerting people if they would be granted a second interview or would be allowed to shadow a current employee. No complaints about the interview. I thought the interviewer was very professional and nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DMC Atlanta in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and heard back from DMC Atlanta after a couple of days via email. I called in and they asked me a few questions and explained the position to me and then set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I got a text and an email confirmation, which was nice. I read the last interview review and they don't have couches there (it's annoying when people are wrong when posting bad reviews). There was a good number of people there and the office was pretty busy with lots of younger people in suits. The woman in the lobby was very friendly and talkative. Everything was on time, which was nice because some interviews I've been to make you wait well past your scheduled time. The interview itself was professional and to the point, maybe a little intimidating. I asked a bunch of questions at the end about the position and she answered them all to me. The interviewer was very matter-of-fact and direct about the position, hours, and compensation. I was told they would call me if I had made it to the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• To give a specific situation when my leadership ability stood out - the set up, the problem, and then my solution to fix the problem and lead to the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't enter into any negotiation. I spoke with the President and he offered me the position which I accepted.

Marketing/Sales/Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DMC Atlanta in March 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by email and a by phone on the same day. I had missed the first call and called back about one hour later started speaking with someone who said she would call me back withing 10 minutes. After three hours of waiting in continued with my day. I received a second call the next day by another representative had a conversation that gave a general explanation of the company and asked if I was still interested. I said as of now yea she told me to call back the coming Monday to set up an interview. The next day I received another email from the first person that contacted me stating that this was my last chance to contact them and if I failed to that they would basically move on to the next person in their stack of resumes. I called the office and got things sorted out, set up a phone interview since I live out of state. Had the interview which is similar to what many have posted. We set up a date for a 1:1 interview where I would shadow someone the next Monday when I would be in town.

Interview Questions

After some thought this company wasn't the right fit for me. I didn't feel like standing in a big box store selling direct tv a service I don't even like.

Marketing/Sales/Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DMC Atlanta.

Interview

Typical sales job. They try to convince you that you're one of the special select few that made it into the interview process and on to the second interview, but they allow everyone to pass and anyone is hired.

Interview Questions

Because t was a sales position and it was a bit of a commune to get to where they conducted the sales

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DMC Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online over the weekend like most people I think, and I received a call 2 days later where they asked me some basic questions about full time and invited me for a 1:1 interview the next day. This sounds similar to what the person before me described, however much more professional. I got an email with some more information about the company. I came in and filled out paperwork and talked with a manager for like 15-20 minutes. He discussed the management development program and gave me info about the company and their goals as well as asked typical interview questions. I was invited back to a 2nd interview 2 days later. There were like 6-7 other people there for a 2nd interview when I came back which was kind of a intimidating. On my second interview he explained to me the program and the account manager position. I was relieved after being on other interviews that were commission only, to find that DMC offered a base and a comfortable range for me. They told me I would get a call if they were interested in continuing. I got a call later at which point they offered me the position, and I accepted! I felt like I really understood where I could grow and the experience I could gain. So I really didn't have any surprises when I started. I was the only person from the room of second interviews that was hired.

Interview Questions

• Throughout my second interview, the interviewer and I would discuss a topic about the position and he asked me to explain it to him later. It totally kept me on my toes...   Answer Question