DNC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.7

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DNC (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a phone interview about two weeks after I applied. Standard questions which were very tailored to me and my resume. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was also asked questions about the DNC specifically and issues which were important to me. Overall an average interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DNC.

Interview

After applying through their form online; I was notified that I was selected for an interview less than one week after the deadline. From there, we filled out a doodle to place our availability for the interview. Mostly very standard interview questions. Was very tailored to my resume also. Was extremely friendly, very informative and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Who is the current chair of the DNC?   1 Answer

New Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DNC (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Very casual. It was at the start of midterm season so everyone was getting prepped for that and the interview was mostly about how you work under a lot of pressure!

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult task you've been given and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DNC (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and chose my top 5 choices. I ended up getting an interview for my top choice. They set up a phone interview for me since I was unable to go in due to my schedule. Following the phone interview I had a phone interview with the intern coordinator who just took general information like availability and if I were going to do this for credit etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for the DNC?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I was interviewed over the course of several days. There was a technical interview (which I passed), and a more standard interview which covered the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any question as being exceptionally difficult. Be prepared for the standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Field Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DNC (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

First interview is a call from the regional field organizer who asks questions about your commitment to progressive causes and how you would handle certain difficult situations. You are then asked by the regional field organizer to respond to questions sent in an email that test your ability to handle difficult situations and understand how to prioritize resources. Then a deputy field organizers calls and asks the same questions.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DNC (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

I sent in my cover letter and within hours I was contacted to send in a writing sample. Shortly thereafter, I was asked to schedule a 15 minute time slot for my interview the following week with a national director.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the biggest challenge facing the country.   Answer Question

Intern: Technology Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DNC.

Interview

After I submitted all of my application materials it was pretty much a waiting game. I waited up until early/mid August and I had to call someone in HR to find out that I got the position. This was during an election season, however, so it was probably busier than normal so this might be a reason for the delay. I was offered the internship and accepted the offer immediately. Being a little persistant if they haven't gotten back to you by a certain date is wrong for you to do. A little persistance gives them a little nudge, just don't be too overly aggressive. I happened to do an in person interview because I live in the area but most interviews are done over the phone.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DNC in March 2013.

Interview

Took about a month after I applied to hear back and get offered an interview. Interview was very relaxed, really kind, had a great conversation. Interview was in March, received the offer in mid-April.

New Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DNC (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

I went in for a half hour interview and met with two different people. It was pretty relaxed and they asked standard questions about previous experience and what I was hoping to do.